• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can we get a late first for Baze?

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuuummm, I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Oklahoma City Thunder big man Enes Kanter is wanted for arrest by his home country of Turkey, which has accused him of being a member of a "terror group,” according to AFP.

A prosecutor from Istanbul opened the investigation because of Kanter’s purported allegiance to the Gulen Movement, a Sunni Muslim organization with millions of members that is led by a Turkish-born cleric living in Pennsylvania. The pro-government newspaper, Sabah, said a local judge then issued an arrest warrant for the 25-year-old forward. To learn more about the Gülen, check out this Vox.com explainer.

Kanter had been detained at a Romanian airport in late May, where Turkish officials revoked his passport for public comments he made criticizing Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. They also threatened to deport him back to Turkey, where he would have been arrested for his outspoken support for Fethullah Gülen, the cleric in Pennsylvania that Turkish officials blame for a failed coup against Erdoğan.

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's politics. In Turkey if you challenge the ruling establishment you are a "terrorist." Kanter is a good guy.

I'm sure he is... I don't really think he's a terrorist. Just saying that if he signed with the Hawks he would probably turn out to be one because hey we've never had a terrorist on the Hawks and we've had just about everything else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBac said:

Woj and the vertical crew did a predraft show tonight, added at the end that Kent Bazemore's name has come up in trade discussions today.

It would be ironic if we traded Baze for one of those disgruntled stars he referenced on Twitter today. 

• Like 2

It's a pleasant surprise that Schlenk is looking to move off Bazemore's contract. Schlenk guaranteed him a contract in Golden State I believe... so it's nice to see that he's not letting his feelings about the person get in the way of player moves.

• Like 4

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, DBac said:

It's a pleasant surprise that Schlenk is looking to move off Bazemore's contract. Schlenk guaranteed him a contract in Golden State I believe... so it's nice to see that he's not letting his feelings about the person get in the way of player moves.

He also let Baze go deciding he want worth the low dollar contract we gave him (which I'll say he was on his first contract).  He was probably laughing and shaking his head when he saw what Budcox signed Baze for not realizing it would be his problem to inherit.

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

You want us to trade for a guy who may or may not have ties to terrorists??? He's probably not even involved in terrorism but I know if the Hawks do make a trade for him that he'll turn out to be the leader of ISIS. 

So in a similar way, is it ok for somebody to say if we get Jeremy Lin in Atlanta he'll prolly end up crashing his car into Philips area cuz the Chinese people suck at driving? Lol just curious? Or attacking any other race? Boy, squawk has gotten chiller...lol

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So in a similar way, is it ok for somebody to say if we get Jeremy Lin in Atlanta he'll prolly end up crashing his car into Philips area cuz the Chinese people suck at driving? Lol just curious? Or attacking any other race? Boy, squawk has gotten chiller...lol

In Dold's defense, a dictator called him a terrorist after he criticized the authoritarian regime.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Bazemore is a "B" or possibly a "B+" wing if he continues to improve.  He is athletic but not very skilled.

Thing is - his position requires top-level skills on the best teams.  He is almost a Dinosaur the way Dwight was. 

You grade on a generous curve.

• Like 1

He is a backup SG with terrible handles that plays out of position often. That is what it is no matter the size of the contract. That particular SG with nothing else involved grabbing a late first would have to be another team way more desperate than us at the moment. A dream within a dream, does sound nice of course but can't see it. 

• Like 2

So news that the salary cap for next year has been revised down another 2 million means the LT is revised down another 2.4 million which means Portland is now slated to pay another $14 million (ish) in the Luxury Tax. Time to trade Baze and Dunleavy for serious salary out of Portland and fleece them out of a pick or two. It is also going to cost the Cavs similar LT penalties.  I can take solace in that.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So news that the salary cap for next year has been revised down another 2 million means the LT is revised down another 2.4 million which means Portland is now slated to pay another $14 million (ish) in the Luxury Tax. Time to trade Baze and Dunleavy for serious salary out of Portland and fleece them out of a pick or two. It is also going to cost the Cavs similar LT penalties.  I can take solace in that.

I thought Dolf said you were old as hell...you don't look it in your avatar.