Is Miles Plumlee salvageable at all?

Wurider05

Just now, Sothron said:

Plumless is a bum, pure and simple.  He's almost 30 and keeps getting passed around teams. And yes, I realize you can say the same about Dwight except for the age but at least Dwight is giving you something. Plumless is a disaster. When you can't even get minutes on the Hornets, well, that tells you all you need to know.

This! 

• Like 3

I can honestly say, I don't ever remember a game he's played in.

Can he defend the PnR? Grab some boards? Bring some energy, take a hard foul?  That's all I need from him as a backup.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can honestly say, I don't ever remember a game he's played in.

Can he defend the PnR? Grab some boards? Bring some energy, take a hard fouk?  That's all I need from him as a backup.

That seems like way too much personal information on the type of guy you like. 

34 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I know that appears that he is a bum but my question is whether or not he has anything that our staff can build on. I know that we may not keep him but they have worked wonders before. Is there anything there?

Bad knews, calf issues...multiple issues with his legs...very bad for a big man.  Games played for his career.

14, 80, 73, 61, 32, 13.  

Count em up, 6 years - 492 possible games, 273 played 219 missed.  Career averages 5.1/4.7.  Best season 8.1/7.8.  Last season, 2.4/2.1.  No it doesn't look good.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I know that appears that he is a bum but my question is whether or not he has anything that our staff can build on. I know that we may not keep him but they have worked wonders before. Is there anything there?

Two words:  Heck No.

• Like 1

There's a glimmer of hope.  He's mobile and long.  I had never heard of DeMarre before he got here (15.5 PER with Utah the year before he arrived). Surely Bud will try to harken back to Plumlee's days in Milwaukee when he was efficient (16.2 PER average). I aint holding my breath but I got faith in Bud to pull some nice chunks out this particular tomato can.  More so than the probability of him refining Dwight that's for sure.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

IF we can get him healthy, he has a pretty big body, rolls to the rim well and rebounds ok, with some athleticism. In theory. He's also awful, so there's that.

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

There's a glimmer of hope.  He's mobile and long.  I had never heard of DeMarre before he got here (15.5 PER with Utah the year before he arrived). Surely Bud will try to harken back to Plumlee's days in Milwaukee when he was efficient (16.2 PER average). I aint holding my breath but I got faith in Bud to pull some nice chunks out this particular tomato can.  More so than the probability of him refining Dwight that's for sure.

His best season was in Phoenix I think. He was like a Deandre Jordan SUPER-LITE back in the day.

3 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

IF we can get him healthy, he has a pretty big body, rolls to the rim well and rebounds ok, with some athleticism. In theory. He's also awful, so there's that.

His best season was in Phoenix I think. He was like a Deandre Jordan SUPER-LITE back in the day.

You owe Deandre Jordan a big apology.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Well.  Maybe.  I don't know though.  You aren't going to see Miles Plumlee on any State Farm commercials though.

I just mean he's a garbage guy who rolls to the rim hard and basically doesn't do anything else. Jordan is similar (on offense at least), he's just so physically imposing that he warps a defense. Plumlee just cleans up.

This was about a year ago...

2 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I just mean he's a garbage guy who rolls to the rim hard and basically doesn't do anything else. Jordan is similar (on offense at least), he's just so physically imposing that he warps a defense. Plumlee just cleans up.

This was about a year ago...

Hmmm.   It is encouraging at least to see that he can make a layup on occasion. 

How many games is he going to be able to play with that recent history and as of now don't see who he is going to back up so thats pretty scary. The only true big under contract on our roster right now, for however long that is.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

How many games is he going to be able to play with that recent history and as of now don't see who he is going to back up so thats pretty scary. The only true big on our roster right now, for however long that is.

Fear not.  Muscala cometh.  However, if Plumlee gets $12.5 million, Muscala's going to want at least $15 million.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Fear not.  Muscala cometh.  However, if Plumlee gets $12.5 million, Muscala's going to want at least $15 million.

That is pretty repulsive right there.

• Like 2