• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Dennis the next to be traded?

Sothron

• Premium Member

Now that we've seen our Gm can lie through his teeth about how safe a player is...whose next? Is it Dennis? You don't trade Dwight for the horrible deal we got unless you want to outright TANK.

So are dealing Dennis for whatever beans our new GM can find out there?

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Now that we've seen our Gm can lie through his teeth about how safe a player is...whose next? Is it Dennis? You don't trade Dwight for the horrible deal we got unless you want to outright TANK.

No, because his play won't do anything to stop a tanking free-fall.

• Like 2

I hope not. If that happens Schlenk gets on the shit list immediately! And he's not too far from the list right now!

im trying to give this man a chance but it's getting harder as I'm not seeing any value coming back to the team but it's a long way to go...I'm just impatient during these times and too use to the Hawks normally not doing shit.

• Like 1

He quite literally said that Dwight has a place on this team. It doesn't get more liar than that.

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

Lie through his teeth? I suppose you want a GM who either gives you nothing at all and therefore is boring as f*ck to listen to or you want someone who gives away his entire plan to the public? Man you guys are R-E-A-L-L-Y reaching here. 

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No Dennis isn't gone. They are building with Dennis/Prince.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Lie through his teeth? I suppose you want a GM who either gives you nothing at all and therefore is boring as f*ck to listen to or you want someone who gives away his entire plan to the public? Man you guys are R-E-A-L-L-Y reaching here. 

When you give a public vote of confidence to a player/coach then a week later trade them...that's just lying.

My larger point is simple: if we really want to TANK then why keep Dennis? The only two things that I can see are we either:

A. Trade Dennis for whatever hill of beans Schenk can get.  Based off his Dwight trade I'm not expecting much of value back.

B. Dennis stays but all of his bad habits of hero ball and wanting ppl to do nothing but set a pick for him to roll to the basket become a career defining killer since he will be asked to HERO BALL all game for 82 games now. I don't know if Dennis has the maturity at this point not to devolve into a Westbrook wannabe that our GM is secretly pleased with because it means more and more losses.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No. I think it was obvious that Dwight wasn't getting along with Dennis and so now he is gone.

I think Dennis will be here for awhile. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When you give a public vote of confidence to a player/coach then a week later trade them...that's just lying.

My larger point is simple: if we really want to TANK then why keep Dennis? The only two things that I can see are we either:

A. Trade Dennis for whatever hill of beans Schenk can get.  Based off his Dwight trade I'm not expecting much of value back.

B. Dennis stays but all of his bad habits of hero ball and wanting ppl to do nothing but set a pick for him to roll to the basket because a career defining killer since he will be asked to HERO BALL all game for 82 games now. I don't know if Dennis has the maturity at this point not to devolve into a Westbrook wannabe that our GM is secretly pleased with because it means more and more losses.

If we're being honest a Westbrook type won't even win you a championship, you need a team of players that actually enjoys playing with each other or a generational talent at one of your wing spots to really succeed. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He quite literally said that Dwight has a place on this team. It doesn't get more liar than that.

No Dennis isn't gone. They are building with Dennis/Prince.

Liar? Oh man I don't even know how to respond to that. 

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who the heck said the Hawks are tanking? How in the world can next years team be judged when we haven't even started free agency or had the draft? Good grief there's some serious reaching going on around here. 

The overreaction is skrong within us apparently.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who the heck said the Hawks are tanking? How in the world can next years team be judged when we haven't even started free agency or had the draft? Good grief there's some serious reaching going on around here. 

We've seen this act before and it leads to 13-69 records.

• Like 2

Well this is what he actually said in the context of his supposed "vote of confidence"

“I haven’t had a chance to talk to Dwight personally. We’ve exchanged some text messages. I certainly plan to talk to him soon and get to know him. I’m not going to judge you from what I’ve heard. Let me see you face-to-face.”

Hard to give a "vote of confidence" to an individual you haven't even met yet.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Taking on bad players with even worse contracts would tend to suggest tanking is the plan.  How is that reaching?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

Well this is what he actually said in the context of his supposed "vote of confidence"

Hard to give a "vote of confidence" to an individual you haven't even met yet.

Nice try, here's the REAL quotes.

There remains a place on the Hawks for Dwight Howard, according to new general manager Travis Schlenk.

The Hawks signed Howard to a three-year, $70.5 million deal as an unrestricted free agent last season. There are two years remaining on the contract after an up-and-down season that had the center on the bench in the fourth quarters of several close games, including the playoffs.

“Listen, Dwight is one of the best big guys in the league still,” Schlenk told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He averaged 13 points and 13 rebounds a game. He’s one of the best rebounders in the league. He’s one of the best rim protectors in the league.

“I haven’t had a chance to talk to Dwight personally. We’ve exchanged some text messages. I certainly plan to talk to him soon and get to know him. I’m not going to judge you from what I’ve heard. Let me see you face-to-face.”

Howard will make $23.5 million next season, the highest salary on the roster of signed players. Howard ranked fifth in the NBA at 12.7 rebounds per game and sixth at 940 total rebounds last season. He ranked 20th in the league with 1.2 blocks per game.

“There is a reason Atlanta was one of the top five defenses in the league,” Schlenk said. “He was a big part of that."

Sooo yeah...he lied. Big time. You talk about how great someone is and has a spot on the team and then trade him a week later. I mean you CAN, sure, but that makes you a liar. There's no agent or player in the world that isn't going to remember that.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Taking on bad players with even worse contracts would tend to suggest tanking is the plan.  How is that reaching?

Seriously. Dolf is looking like the Iraqi Minister of Truth. What do you mean we're tanking? We're giving our good players for scrubs on horrible contracts but why would you think we were tanking? We're talking about SNT Millsap, our best player, and already said we aren't paying what other teams will pay but why do you think we're tanking?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Seriously. Dolf is looking like the Iraqi Minister of Truth. What do you mean we're tanking? We're giving our good players for scrubs on horrible contracts but why would you think we were tanking? We're talking about SNT Millsap, our best player, and already said we aren't paying what other teams will pay but why do you think we're tanking?

ROFL

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Nice try, here's the REAL quotes.

There remains a place on the Hawks for Dwight Howard, according to new general manager Travis Schlenk.

The Hawks signed Howard to a three-year, $70.5 million deal as an unrestricted free agent last season. There are two years remaining on the contract after an up-and-down season that had the center on the bench in the fourth quarters of several close games, including the playoffs.

“Listen, Dwight is one of the best big guys in the league still,” Schlenk told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He averaged 13 points and 13 rebounds a game. He’s one of the best rebounders in the league. He’s one of the best rim protectors in the league.

Howard will make $23.5 million next season, the highest salary on the roster of signed players. Howard ranked fifth in the NBA at 12.7 rebounds per game and sixth at 940 total rebounds last season. He ranked 20th in the league with 1.2 blocks per game.

“There is a reason Atlanta was one of the top five defenses in the league,” Schlenk said. “He was a big part of that."

Sooo yeah...he lied. Big time. You talk about how great someone is and has a spot on the team and then trade him a week later. I mean you CAN, sure, but that makes you a liar. There's no agent or player in the world that isn't going to remember that.

You have powerful reading comprehension.  Where is Schlenk actually quoted as saying Dwight has a place on the team?  No, the title isn't him, it's an interpretation by the writer.

so nice try to you.

• Like 3