• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Dennis the next to be traded?

Sothron

15 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'd trade Bazemore for nothing. Just get his salary off of the team. If done, the Hawks can do what they did with Danny Ferry and sign good under the radar deals after Millsap.

It doesn't work that way.  I would have rather traded Howard for nothing than to get the crap we got.

• Premium Member

Am I the only one concerned that if we truly finish blowing it up and go rebuild/tank mode what effect that will have Dennis? Will Dennis truly develop into the passing with great instincts we saw early  on or will he devolve into the shoot first/turnover prone player we started to see in extended minutes at times last season?

14 hours ago, CP61 said:

Hear me out:

Rubio and 7 for Dennis and 19. 

We shed some salary and get a crazily underrated player who is one of the better defenders and distributors in the league. Plus he's cheaper than Dennis for now. If Bud could teach him to shoot, he could be amazing. Plus 7 could end up being a franchise corner stone.

I'd normally say they'd be stupid to take that deal, but there is a report that they almost traded Rubio and 7 for Wesley Matthews and 9, so I think it could be doable. 

I doubt they would take a lower draft pick in order to get Dennis, but I would love to get Rubio in exchange for Dennis.  That would be great.

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, Thomas said:

Not comparing him to Steph but Schlenk is use to having a scoring point guard and we have a point that can score handily so Schlenk probably keeps him and with the chemistry improved between him and the C by default, would think he will certainly want to see where it leads us next season.

Steph is also an unselfish wizard with the ball.  The reason GS works is because anybody can score... that's a credit to the fact that the ball moves.  When Dennis is in the game, he doesn't move the ball unless he feels like it.   He makes Harden look unselfish. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Steph is also an unselfish wizard with the ball.  The reason GS works is because anybody can score... that's a credit to the fact that the ball moves.  When Dennis is in the game, he doesn't move the ball unless he feels like it.   He makes Harden look unselfish. 

And your homeboy Jeff Teague does not make the Hawks better this year.

• Like 1

Would we engage DAL to get a top 10 pick for Dennis?  Just askin', considering they were hot 'n heavy after Rubio.

Not sure if I would or wouldn't.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Would we engage DAL to get a top 10 pick for Dennis?  Just askin', considering they were hot 'n heavy after Rubio.

Not sure if I would or wouldn't.

I value Dennis significantly more than Rubio.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I value Dennis significantly more than Rubio.

I do too which is why I don't think we need a lotto pick to attach with Dennis as was the case with Rubio.

33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Am I the only one concerned that if we truly finish blowing it up and go rebuild/tank mode what effect that will have Dennis? Will Dennis truly develop into the passing with great instincts we saw early  on or will he devolve into the shoot first/turnover prone player we started to see in extended minutes at times last season?

Well, Dennis already has some winning experience. It's not quite like a player trying to take over while never have experienced winning.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I do too which is why I don't think we need a lotto pick to attach with Dennis as was the case with Rubio.

If the proposed deal was a lottery pick for Rubio and Minny turned that down, Dennis should command more than that.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

If the proposed deal was a lottery pick for Rubio and Minny turned that down, Dennis should command more than that.

It was Rubio+MIN's pick for Matthews+DAL's pick or STTE.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It was Rubio+MIN's pick for Matthews+DAL's pick or STTE.

I don't think Wesley Matthews and 9 is less valuable than Dennis and 19. I wouldn't do it if I were them, but I'd keep Rubio. Sounds like they just want to get rid of him.

23 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

No. I think it was obvious that Dwight wasn't getting along with Dennis and so now he is gone.

I think Dennis will be here for awhile. 

This. Dennis and Prince are the only players I think will be here in two years on this squad. 

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

People need to be aware of whether they're talking about rebuilding or tanking. I agree with you that we're rebuilding if Millsap leaves without us bringing in an equal player... but that doesn't imply that we're tanking as others have assumed. Now if we trade Dennis for future picks and let Millsap walk then I'll jump on the we're tanking bandwagon. 

Image result for Spin

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This. Dennis and Prince are the only players I think will be here in two years on this squad. 

Sad.  I'm ok with Prince, but Dennis still being here is depressing.

Since Aldridge wants out of San Antonio, maybe we could do a sign and trade of Millsap for Aldridge.

Edited by Watchman

6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Sad.  I'm ok with Prince, but Dennis still being here is depressing.

Since Aldridge wants out of San Antonio, maybe we could do a sign and trade of Millsap for Aldridge.

If Aldrige can't play for Pop in a winning environment, I don't want him here.  He is all about his own stats:

"He feels the Spurs have compromised him, his productivity. They have hurt his game. As a result, he wants out and he wants out in the worst way. He wants to be gone."

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Aldrige can't play for Pop in a winning environment, I don't want him here.  He is all about his own stats:

"He feels the Spurs have compromised him, his productivity. They have hurt his game. As a result, he wants out and he wants out in the worst way. He wants to be gone."

I'm sure he realizes that the Spurs are not setup to be good in the long haul now.  They are an old team, and only Leonard is really worth much at this point.  They have no chance of beating GS.

5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm sure he realizes that the Spurs are not setup to be good in the long haul now.  They are an old team, and only Leonard is really worth much at this point.  They have no chance of beating GS.

They are still in a better position than most.