• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

As if Ayesha Curry and Anna Horford

Weren't enough...here comes this trick ((random gardening tool... ~lw3)) to rip the Hawks...maaaaannn...I have so much I wanna say..

Thoughts? And please don't hold back..

IMG_0591.PNG

IMG_0592.PNG

• Moderators

I don't have an issue with that.   Saying it's not a loyal city maybe is out of line.  I mean we didn't sign him or trade him.   

She's right though.  It's pretty crummy to bring him in with a big splash and then a year later cut and run.   It shows that the Hawks don't have their ducks in a row but hopefully that will change.   

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

She's not wrong.

The guy who brought him in has been fired and a replacement hired.  That frequently brings change.  I think this is wrong and overstated.  What speaks volumes is the return we got for him.  We paid Charlotte to take him.

• Like 2

“He was one of the first big free agents to come here, and I think a lot of the free agents are going to look at that and see how they do their free agency, and they are not going to want to come to this city,” Tashanda Howard said on Atlanta radio show 92.9 “The Game.”

http://nypost.com/2017/06/21/the-hawks-screwed-over-my-brother-now-theyre-screwed/

Your Thoughts? Does she make a valid point?

Edited by JTB

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Nonsense. He's on his 5th team. He cant shoot, he cant pass, he cant handle the ball, he cant hit a wide open 3 foot jump hook, and he's a liability at the line at the end of games. There is no fixing that.

This is a Dwight bashing post that almost completely ignored the topic's question. Lol

Edited by Flight
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flight said:

This is a Dwight bashing post that almost completely ignored the topic's question. Lol

Not really.

Her opinions ignore the fact that he's no longer a marquee free agent.  He's on his fifth team for a reason.

Best believe the rest of the league, including potential free agents considering Atlanta, are aware of his decline as a player.  His supposed unceremonious treatment by us shouldn't be a factor, as a result.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Flight said:

Can't really blame the city for loyalty if he wasn't trying to be here at any point earlier in his career. Obviously both sides are just gonna do what's best for them at the time. 

I'm starting to think some of the hard feelings from the fans has a lot to do with the fact that he avoided the Hawks like the plague after he left Orlando. You can tell there was animosity already there before he even played his first game.

• Like 2

It is an awkward situation for sure. He was the first guy with a HOF pedigree who wasn't on his very last legs (T-Mac) to sign here in a long time. Then there was all the homecoming hoopla and we actually had someone with a big name in the community. And now less than a year later we've dumped him off to the Bobcats. It does not speak highly of our organization for multiple reasons (most importantly the lack of foresight about how this would turn out), but like others have mentioned, we have changed GMs and Howard isn't exactly known for sticking around himself. I don't think we need to worry about luring any notable FAs here for at least the next couple of years anyway. 

• Premium Member

This is an issue. You don't sign a big name free agent, a hometown guy at that, and then dump him one year into his contract. I mean you CAN but you better believe every agent and player is going to notice that.

I also have to call some of you guys out...making those anti-female comments about his sister is just not cool. At all. I'll be honest I find it offensive and a little racist. There's no need at all to try and paint her out to be some kind of hood rat stereotype. She spoke her mind in a concise, logical manner no matter if you agree with her or not.