• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

As if Ayesha Curry and Anna Horford

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well his sister thinks Dwight is still a marquee player, which he is not. Sorry its not 2009.

All she said was that he was one of our big free agent signings. Which is pretty obviously true because if he wasn't no one would care. Y'all are jumping to some crazy conclusions just based off her calling him a "big free agent"

• Like 3

• Premium Member

When the GM changes, the "under new management" sign goes up, and no one expects the new regime to fully embrace every commitment the previous management made. It's just close friends and family, and perhaps a few radical fans, who would argue otherwise.

But having said that (for the umpteenth time now), there IS some way in which I believe the criticism is valid.

NOT on the team's part, but on the part of the beat writer for the local birdcage liner company.

What C-Viv did really was not professional in any form. THAT was a classic hit piece, and he deserves any shite that the family flings his way.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't think it'll affect free agents in the future much but there is no way to say that the whole Dwight/Hawks thing was good in anyway.   The signing, gm confusion and turnover, bad messaging, then trading for scraps is and should be embarrassing to the Hawks.  

Say what you want about Dwight's deficiencies but he met or exceeded anything that a reasonable person would have expected from him. That's on the court and in the city.  Obviously i can't speak to the lockerroom .  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

When the GM changes, the "under new management" sign goes up, and no one expects the new regime to fully embrace every commitment the previous management made. It's just close friends and family, and perhaps a few radical fans, who would argue otherwise.

But having said that (for the umpteenth time now), there IS some way in which I believe the criticism is valid.

NOT on the team's part, but on the part of the beat writer for the local birdcage liner company.

What C-Viv did really was not professional in any form. THAT was a classic hit piece, and he deserves any shite that the family flings his way.

Which article are you talking about? The one after the trade?

• Premium Member

It ended up a bad experiment... but having said that, there is still some part of my human being-ness that appreciates that it was tried, and appreciates that Howard came home, and appreciates that he "met or exceeded anything that a reasonable person would have expected from him, on the court and in the city."... as @macdaddy aptly put it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yes.  C-viv is just a bad beat writer.   I don't really like being harsh to people who are just doing their best but after 3 years it's just frustrating.  There is a total lack of insight as well as general carelessness to his coverage.   

And what the hell is this?  I don't even understand what he's talking about but why would you put this in an article.  Anyone know what a cash outside girl is?   I guess i could google it but don't want a virus. 

I don’t recount all this to portray Howard as a bad guy. We got along well for the most part. Heck, he taught me all about the ‘Cash me outside’ girl to much locker room laughter. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  C-viv is just a bad beat writer.   I don't really like being harsh to people who are just doing their best but after 3 years it's just frustrating.  There is a total lack of insight as well as general carelessness to his coverage.   

And what the hell is this?  I don't even understand what he's talking about but why would you put this in an article.  Anyone know what a cash outside girl is?   I guess i could google it but don't want a virus. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by HawkItus

I have a hard time believing quality free agents were considering Atlanta and now are going to change their minds because of this move.  Winning 60 games didn't change free agents minds but I'm supposed to believe this will?

Like Hawkltus already stated, we're going to have to rely on the draft and trades to acquire a very talented player. The established guys aren't coming here unless we have something special cooking like GS did or Orlando before they got Horace Grant.  

Edited by Guard
  • Like 2

Dumping Dwight makes no difference in how FAs will continue to look at us.  Rather I think it's more an indictment on Dwight and his standing around the league(deserved or not) - it'll be 'Even his hometown didn't want him.'  Perception matters as unfortunate as it is.

• Moderators

My Lukewarm Take on it from yesterday in the Dwight Traded! thread.

(My apologies with the Dwight Baby Mama shade, I was in a fussy mood yesterday)

I actually was half-listening (half-asleep) when she called into the show the other night. I just remember this incessant loop of "Did You Ever Play Basketball? Because, If You Did, Then (You'd Agree With Me on My Point)!"

I understand her personal frustration (and the Baze shade -- "some other players" -- is funny, too), but she must recognize the Dwight Slander comes from way, way, beyond the ITP.

Plus, "coming here" and being "happy to be home" were minor elements of the deal. D12 (we can call him that again now) had to show improvement in more than just free throw shooting, and make himself irresistible as a reliable postseason performer, to make his contract worth Atlanta's while long-term.

The next big-ticket free agents coming down the pike aren't judging "this city" by the way its franchise swiftly disposed of Dwight Howard, arguably(?) the most roast-able player in the NBA. They might have been judging us, however, had our team kept him around on the payroll for years on end.

~lw3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

“He was one of the first big free agents to come here, and I think a lot of the free agents are going to look at that and see how they do their free agency, and they are not going to want to come to this city,” Tashanda Howard said on Atlanta radio show 92.9 “The Game.”

http://nypost.com/2017/06/21/the-hawks-screwed-over-my-brother-now-theyre-screwed/

Your Thoughts? Does she make a valid point?

She seems as bad as Dwight and his fake embrace of religion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

“He was one of the first big free agents to come here, and I think a lot of the free agents are going to look at that and see how they do their free agency, and they are not going to want to come to this city,” Tashanda Howard said on Atlanta radio show 92.9 “The Game.”

http://nypost.com/2017/06/21/the-hawks-screwed-over-my-brother-now-theyre-screwed/

Your Thoughts? Does she make a valid point?

Jesus didn't you read the freakin initial post...lol

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

I'm starting to think some of the hard feelings from the fans has a lot to do with the fact that he avoided the Hawks like the plague after he left Orlando. You can tell there was animosity already there before he even played his first game.

Why is it hard to understand that he is a loser that causes trouble in the back? He can't seem to stay in any one location at this point. It's always every else's fault that Dwight has been mostly a failure his last 5 years.

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Jesus didn't you read the freakin initial post...lol

JTB noted earlier he missed your title when he made his topic. He was a victim of my awesome Thread Merging skillz.

~lw3