• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Draft Thread

Afro

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

I was a kid in Wilmington till I was eleven and my Dad went to State so you gotta know how I feel about them.

Indeed! Oh man I used to love going to the Hooters in Wilmington when I was stationed at Ft Bragg. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Another? We don't have 1 at all right now. Moose is waaaay too soft for the 5. Plumlee won't be able to stay healthy. 

lol I meant we need to find Howards replacement 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Indeed! Oh man I used to love going to the Hooters in Wilmington when I was stationed at Ft Bragg. 

Fayetteville in the middle of short leafed pine land so guess you had to go somewhere for fun, right?

• Like 1

I love this quote from Pitino on him and he shoots 74% from the line. Play hack a shack with Collins I dare you!

Louisville coach Rick Pitino
“Just the way he moves his feet. In the post he’s very active. Terrific basketball player, the best post player in our league by far, if not the country.”

Link

http://www.nba.com/draft/2017/prospects/john_collins

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Look at the bright side. 

If he can rebound this well in the NBA, he's a defensive improvement over two years ago when teams were getting second chance buckets Iike they were aids in the 90s

Yeah, like when our rebounding improved against the Cavs when Al went to the bench and Kris was on the floor. A bad memory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Fayetteville in the middle of short leafed pine land so guess you had to go somewhere for fun, right?

You can only bang so many Fayettenam girls before you start worrying about catching something. No offense to @kg01 as your sister was always very grateful to be selected at 2am. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I love this quote from Pitino on him and he shoots 74% from the line. Play hack a shack with Collins I dare you!

Louisville coach Rick Pitino
“Just the way he moves his feet. In the post he’s very active. Terrific basketball player, the best post player in our league by far, if not the country.”

Link

http://www.nba.com/draft/2017/prospects/john_collins

Pitino still disappointed his hookers didn't land Collins out of high school? 

• Like 1

Well, it seems that we didn't get shut out in the draft.  That's great.

At age 19, this kid may not be finished growing.  He's sure to get

bigger, not necessarily taller.

Seems he did OK in college and perhaps he has enough IQ to make strides

when he gets to Bud U in Atlanta.

He can shoot, which we need.  He can rebound. Yeah!  Which we need.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jrg5993 said:

As a big time Wake Forest fan I love this pick. This kid has grown immensely from his Freshman year to his Sophomore year. Any concerns about his defense can likely largely be attributed to the fact that Wake needed him to be on the court (he got timid on defense) and officials in college can be ridiculous calling fouls (see the National Championship game). Also, any concerns regarding his outside game can be settled looking at his pre-draft workout videos. I'm not even a true Hawks fan but I think y'all got an enormous steal with this kid. Military upbringing, taught by Danny Manning, and just an unlimited athletic potential accompanied by a strong work ethic. 

That's not a popular name around here. lol

• Like 3