• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Draft Thread

Afro

His wingspan, length and lack of NBA athletic ability will make it hard for him to be a SG. But as a PG, he might have some solid backup potential and maybe some more. Who knows, development is everything for these guys. 

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Intrigued by Collins.  Seems to have some very nice tools and performance in the ACC.

At pick 42 you are getting a prospect with obvious problems so will just wait and see there.  Don't like chasing NCAA performance so I'll assume Schlenk is basing this on his underlying skill set and not the end of the season hit streak like too many GMs do.

Over 40% from 3 in both of his seasons. Apparently the Bucks loved him.

• Premium Member

Collins is a value pick at 19, his offensive ability and rebounding ability is pretty good. His defense will be a work in progress. Once you get past pick 15 you really hope  you find something of value. If Collins can play PNR with Dennis as well as he did in Wake Forest he's going to look like an outright steal for no matter how bad his defense is.

I meant to quote someone in this post so forgive me for repeating myself a bit from earlier in the thread.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Dorsey shot 56% from three at the combine.

I hope we didn't base the pick on his hot streak.  Will wait and se

Think this is a great trade for Minnesota.  Dunn looked terrible last year and LaVine is almost a RFA already.  Butler's contract is fantastic.

I like we added a shooter. Now we just have to see if he pans out. Offensive efficiency was our most glaring weakness last season. At least Schlenk is trying to address it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Nick is pretty athletic, tall and extremely long. I don't see the comparison at all. 

Well you think John Collins plays like Kevin Willis and that Al Horford is the 2nd coming of Karl Malone so... 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Over 40% from 3 in both of his seasons. Apparently the Bucks loved him.

He can shoot for sure and god knows we suck at shooting.  Just really hoping no Salim type as a great college shooter with size issues.  Been burned by that small sg profile.

Worth the risk at 41.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Well you think John Collins plays like Kevin Willis and that Al Horford is the 2nd coming of Karl Malone so... 

I didn't say Collins plays like Willis. I said based on his stats, shot charts and physical profile out of college he compares favorably with Willis. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I can see the Nick Young comparison. Kid has swagger and ice water in his veins. 

Hope he doesn't resemble Young at all between the ears.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

He can shoot for sure and god knows we suck at shooting.  Just really hoping no Salim type as a great college shooter with size issues.  Been burned by that small sg profile.

Salim was 6'1 though and Dorsey is 6'4. If we decide to play him at PG... although as your boy Calipers mentioned there is no PG position anymore in the NBA, then he's perfectly sized for the non-position. 

• Like 1

Just now, skimaskway23 said:

Maybe he has eddie house potential...idk. if he can learn pg, I already like him better than delaney

Honestly, I am afraid of the same thing. His ability to drive and finish is superior to House but his lack of size, length and tools is worrisome. 

• Like 1