• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Draft Thread

Afro

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Or until he got to the playoffs and was exposed on d and had to be benched

Exposed would imply that the jury was still out on his defense.  Everyone in the universe knows Kanter is a liability on defense.  

24 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

If you're starting Dennis, Prince and a rookie... It's tough to see how it isn't rebuilding.

They're not, but it IS at retool...

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

In the database, he's a potential Kevin Willis. But if he can add range with the larger use of the PnR, he could be even better than Willis. Willis averaged 20/10 for two NBA seasons and put up near HOF numbers. 

Willis was a physical beast and never that skilled offensively. I don't see a comparison between the 2. 

7 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Gotta be honest ... not huge on the pick, whereas I loved the Prince pick from the get go. I'll root for him though, the stats don't lie and I think he's got the quickness to be fine on D, but he's both raw and kinda small. Not a freak athlete either.

I agree. I watched him several times in college. He's a perfect college player. He bullied people in the paint, and he has some post skills and a decent jumper. I think he'll be fine in the league, but we could have done better here going with Giles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Did that in the best conference in college sports too! 

Best games against nova, Xavier, Duke, and Kansas state 

Idk why people are worried. Kid can play 

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

This starting lineup is likely to be really young (as it looks right now) and in no shape to win games. How is that retooling?

Were 2 transactions into the off season for starters lol

• Like 1

Just now, devilwentdown2GA said:

I agree. I watched him several times in college. He's a perfect college player. He bullied people in the paint, and he has some post skills and a decent jumper. I think he'll be fine in the league, but we could have done better here going with Giles. 

Was with you until you said Giles, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Add highest PER in the entire draft, taken 4-6 spots later than expected. Schlenkhozer have already made a steal in their very first draft...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Best games against nova, Xavier, Duke, and Kansas state 

Idk why people are worried. Kid can play 

Were 2 transactions into the off season for starters lol

If Sap is gone and there are no Butler's or George's coming... Who are the Hawks going to get to keep them in the playoffs? It's going to take A LOT more than Dennis and Prince to keep this team in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

If Sap is gone and there are no Butler's or George's coming... Who are the Hawks going to get to keep them in the playoffs? It's going to take A LOT more than Dennis and Prince to keep this team in the playoffs.

I think you're struggling with the differences between reload, retool, and rebuild