• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So did our chances for MIN's 2018 pick improve tonight?

sturt

38 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Now all they need is Sap. 

Not enough balls on the court for that.  They need to sign guys like Redick or take on Ryan Anderson's deal into their capspace, get some guys that won't hold onto the ball but can space the court.

I take back everything I have said about packaging that pick in a trade. A decent chance to reap that benefit next year, certainly a better chance than before. Go Wolves!! 

Yea. Minny had a lot of 4th quarter stuggles this year, Jimmy helps that.

Minny had a serious defensive proble, Jimmy helps that.

Like Mace said, they need shooters now. 

What can we get for Belli or Dunleavy?

I think a back court of Butler and Rubio along with another year of maturity for Wiggins and Towns will easily translate to 15 more wins.  We will have two picks next season. The only real question is will ours be in the lottery? I am guessing it will be.

They are still too young and inexperienced to be a real team.  They made strides last season and then seemed to take a step backwards.  Butler is a huge get for them, but they have zero depth.  No backup point guard and zero shooting to speak of.  Barring these two things being fixed I don't see the Wolves making the playoffs.  

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

They are still too young and inexperienced to be a real team.  They made strides last season and then seemed to take a step backwards.  Butler is a huge get for them, but they have zero depth.  No backup point guard and zero shooting to speak of.  Barring these two things being fixed I don't see the Wolves making the playoffs.  

Of course you don't rofl. Your step backwards had more to do with LaVine getting injured than them playing poorly at the end of the season.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

It comes down to chemistry ... Butler takes care of a lot needs for the team ... if these guys can play together then I think they have a bright future and a chance to get into the playoffs... it is obvious that the organization wants to win.  I think they are looking for a pg who can shoot ... George Hill would be a good fit.

• Moderators

Whether you think Minnesota has enough depth or not or will beat out the other contenders for the bottom couple playoff seeds or not, I don't think anyone can argue that their chances of making the playoffs next season improved with this trade.  Their chances before the trade were not that exciting while now they are in much better position to challenge.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flight said:

Yes, they have Jimmy-Wiggins-KAT. That's enough talent/potential to compete for a low seed for sure.

One would have thought that with Thibs coaching, and with Lavine and Dunn they would have competed for a low seed last year. 

Edited by Watchman