• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So did our chances for MIN's 2018 pick improve tonight?

sturt

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Not really insane...they already have two good backup centers. the kid they got at 16 would  not get much playing time anyways. If they moved him to us for Millsap think about the starting five Minnesota would have. THAT would be insane.

They took him for a reason. I just think Aldrich and a second rounder is the best you are gonna get. It sure beats letting him walk for nothing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, CP61 said:

They took him for a reason. I just think Aldrich and a second rounder is the best you are gonna get. It sure beats letting him walk for nothing.

oh, absolutely, I said that in a previous post. It would solve our immediate need for a center. Aldrich is not a stretch five by any means but he's not going to kill you. I always liked him actually, rather underappreciated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cole Aldrich, the big white guy from Kansas. The Twolves signed him and Jordan Hill to reasonable contracts last offseason.

If it's attached to the 16th pick then fine but a Cole for Sap trade? I'd rather lose him for nothing lol. I'm happy for you Soth but your depressing me now lol.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2Nique said:

If it's attached to the 16th pick then fine but a Cole for Sap trade? I'd rather lose him for nothing lol. I'm happy for you Soth but your depressing me now lol.

What's wrong with Cole? He's a plus defender and rebounder, will never complain about his role on a team and has an absolutely steal of a salary relative to today's CBA. We need someone to start and play at center, why not Cole? That is better than losing Sap for literally nothing.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

What's wrong with Cole? He's a plus defender and rebounder, will never complain about his role on a team and has an absolutely steal of a salary relative to today's CBA. We need someone to start and play at center, why not Cole? That is better than losing Sap for literally nothing.

Not if the goal is to get a nice pick in next year's draft as I think it may be.  Our summer will tell on that point but guys like Cole are the ones you want to avoid if you are playing for the draft next season.  They will win you games and make you a more solid team without the potential to make  you more than first round playoff fodder.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Basically what @AHF just said...lol..

I don't doubt Cole is solid off the pine but if we are going that route I'd rather stick with tankmaster general Mile's Plumlee.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not if the goal is to get a nice pick in next year's draft as I think it may be.  Our summer will tell on that point but guys like Cole are the ones you want to avoid if you are playing for the draft next season.  They will win you games and make you a more solid team without the potential to make  you more than first round playoff fodder.

I don't t think Cole is the center version of Bob Sura. He's not that good of a player. If you guys are unwilling to accept an above average player in Cole because it might win us some games then why are so many here including @Dolfan23 so resistant to just calling it tanking? Because that's exactly what that is.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Basically what @AHF just said...lol..

I don't doubt Cole is solid off the pine but if we are going that route I'd rather stick with tankmaster general Mile's Plumlee.

Cole is significantly better than Plumless. Plumless is one of the worst players in the NBA. He's only still in the league because of his albatross contract.

Just now, Sothron said:

I don't t think Cole is the center version of Bob Sura. He's not that good of a player. If you guys are unwilling to accept an above average player in Cole because it might win us some games then why are so many here including @Dolfan23 so resistant to just calling it tanking? Because that's exactly what that is.

We like to call I retooling around these parts cuz the word tanking sends Bud straight for the suds..

Seriously though I think we are going to "remain flexible" for this year...lose some games but prolly get our own pick around late lottery next year plus the Minny 15-20 pick and tank HARD for the infamous 2019 Zion draft.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cole is significantly better than Plumless. Plumless is one of the worst players in the NBA. He's only still in the league because of his albatross contract.

Oh I know..I'm saying if we are going to lose Sap I'd rather not get back a player that is better than Plumlee in Cole. I'm agreeing with you that Cole is better than Plum...(although not by all that much). 

I just feel like we need to take take a step back if we lose Sap because no player is gonna give us the amount of wins that Sap provided for us last year. So ya, a retool is needed if Sap walks.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

We like to call I retooling around these parts cuz the word tanking sends Bud straight for the suds..

Seriously though I think we are going to "remain flexible" for this year...lose some games but prolly get our own pick around late lottery next year plus the Minny 15-20 pick and tank HARD for the infamous 2019 Zion draft.

This is a classic example of tanking versus rebuilding that I was arguing with people in that other thread last week or so. Cole Aldirch is a decent to above average player. He by no means is going to move the needle. A rebuilding team would take him in a heartbeat in a SNT because at least you'd get one starter back that is on a good deal.

A tanking team, and let's not do this retooling business and call it what it is, this is what a tanking team does by NOT taking back a decent player in a SNT because they want as many lottery balls as possible.

I'd rather get Cole than lose Millsap for nothing. We can start Cole, maybe even flip him ourselves. But to refuse to take him at all just to be really, REALLY bad? C'mon now....