• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Delusional Hawks fans...

Diesel

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

KAT is not better than the Brow or Cousins.  He might not be better than Embiid when healthy.  Right now they would be  behind GSW, SA, Hou, Portland/Jazz/Thunder.   Talk about delusional.  What are they doing at the point?  None of them are sustainable 3 point shooters.   

That's why KAT led them in 3 point shooting last season? He's already better than all the guys you listed.

Right now Minn is looking like a 4th or 5th seed. If they get Millsap that definitely puts them in the top 4.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, MrYellow said:

You might be the bad guy around here, but just because you deliberately want to see the worst in what's next.

You judging Schlenk on his first two weeks is like you being judged for this post only: trust me, you don't want that to happen.

Uhm.  I only want to see the best for my team.  Period. 

You say I judged Schlenk on his first two weeks...  I have news for you.  Everybody Judged Schlenk as soon as he made his first move.  Hell, Some people judged him when he got the job.   That is what we do.  If you were honest with yourself, you would readily admit that you too have judged Schlenk within this first two weeks.  And that's the truth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

KAT is already the best big man in the NBA. Wiggins is almost unstoppable on offense. When have the Hawks have anything like that?

I will talk to you in two years when the TWolves are running into the GSW juggernaught in the playoffs.

I like KAT a whole lot... but Boogie, Davis, and even Embiid (Healthy) will make you rethink that. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I stopped reading when someone said that Andrew Wiggins is a stud.  

Offensively he is, there's no question of that. I'm sorry he doesn't fit your "every lottery pick is a bust" mantra though.

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Offensively he is, there's no question of that. I'm sorry he doesn't fit your "every lottery pick is a bust" mantra though.

He has a career negative BPM and VORP, but apparently he is a stud.  Offensively, he's not a stud.  He's an inefficient shot chucker who does nothing else remotely well.  He's also one of the worst defenders in basketball.  His overall impact on Minnesota is a net negative.  

Wiggins is 24th among his draft class in BPM and 42nd in VORP.  

The best player in that draft class is Nikola Jokic by far.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Uhm.  I only want to see the best for my team.  Period. 

You say I judged Schlenk on his first two weeks...  I have news for you.  Everybody Judged Schlenk as soon as he made his first move.  Hell, Some people judged him when he got the job.   That is what we do.  If you were honest with yourself, you would readily admit that you too have judged Schlenk within this first two weeks.  And that's the truth.

Of course we all judge people around the franchise all the time, but thing is, I don't express my final statement without a bigger picture.

54 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Lol Wiggins is a complete bust to this point. Awfully inefficient and even worse on defense. 

How can their even be 2 opinions on this player? 

I mean he was picked #1 not 15th 

He is kind of a one trick pony, but he averages nearly 24 PPG and so saying that he is a complete bust might be a little strong.

He is pretty bad on defense though. He is probably better as a 6th man type of player right now.

• Like 2

vor 24 Minuten, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

He is kind of a one trick pony, but he averages nearly 24 PPG and so saying that he is a complete bust might be a little strong.

He is pretty bad on defense though. He is probably better as a 6th man type of player right now.

Just to make it clear. He is a bust for a first pick to me. Not the talent you hope to draft first. Hes an end of the lottery guy. Not a bust overall, just for getting picked first.

Edited by StephenHawking

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

Just to make it clear. He is a bust for a first pick to me. Not the talent you hope to draft first. Hes an end of the lottery guy. Not a bust overall, just for getting picked first.

He's a player that fans will love because fans tend to only pay attention to PPG in the box score.  Ooooo!  He scored 24 points, even though he took 23 shots to get it.  He's not a good passer, not a good rebounder, doesn't defend, scores inefficiently, but he's apparently a stud.  

There are probably a few that believe Aaron Gordon (who is better than Wiggins) and Julius Randle are still studs based on their high school rankings.  

Let's look at the '14-'16 drafts and really take a look at the top 3 that was drafted:

2014:

1.  Andrew Wiggins

2.  Jabari Parker

3.  Joel Embiid

2015:

1.  Karl Anthony Towns

2.  D'Angelo Russell

3.  Jahlil Okafor

2016:

1.  Ben Simmons

2.  Brandon Ingram

3.  Jaylen Brown

-------------------------------------------------------------

So, we have 9 picks, and we only have two true impact players in Embiid (who I graded as the top overall prospect in 2014) and Towns.  While it is early for the 2016 class, to this point, everyone else is a bust relative to their draft status.  The commonality among all of these is that they are one and done prospects.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Jaylen Brown a bust. lolno

He has to have dramatic improvement to not be one at this point.  I also clearly stated that it was early for the 2016 class, but the early results are definitely not promising for those one and done guys.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

He has to have dramatic improvement to not be one at this point.  I also clearly stated that it was early for the 2016 class, but the early results are definitely not promising for those one and done guys.

L
O
L