• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Delusional Hawks fans...

Diesel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

It puts him around players like Marc Gasol, Jimmy Butler and a whole slew of other All Star players.

Marc Gasol 2016-17 TS% .554

Jimmy Butler 2016-17 TS% .586

Tim Hardaway Jr. 2016-17 TS% .568

Andrew Wiggins 2016-17 TS% .534

One of these things is not like the others...

(I don't think Wiggins is trash but he has to keep improving because if his last year or career TS% is an indicator, then he will never be an offensive stud.  He is young enough to meaningfully improve that and he has to in order to make a real meaningful positive impact if he isn't going to be a defensive plus player.)

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

(I don't think Wiggins is trash but he has to keep improving because if his last year or career TS% is an indicator, then he will never be an offensive stud.  He is young enough to meaningfully improve that and he has to in order to make a real meaningful positive impact if he isn't going to be a defensive plus player.)

Wiggins is still top 100 in TS and top 50 in NBA efficiency. At 21. We'd kill to have a talent like that on this roster.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Wiggins is still top 100 in TS and top 50 in NBA efficiency. At 21. We'd kill to have a talent like that on this roster.

1st of all Wiggins is not 21.. HE is 22 and just finished his 3rd NBA season as a starter.  You called THjr trash but yet you worship someone who is worse on offense and defense.  Help me understand.  Oh that's right, Wiggins was a lottery pick and THjr was not.  My bad!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all Wiggins is not 21.. HE is 22 and just finished his 3rd NBA season as a starter.  You called THjr trash but yet you worship someone who is worse on offense and defense.  Help me understand.  Oh that's right, Wiggins was a lottery pick and THjr was not.  My bad!

Really dude? His birthday is Feb 22 which is almost the entire NBA season. He was 21 for most of last season.

THJR couldn't even GET ON THE COURT almost his entire first season here and grew into mediocre on offense, bad on defense last season. I'd rather move on from him. I don't see what that has to do with Wiggins but since you are the master of straw men it doesn't surprise me to see you reaching for another one.

On 6/28/2017 at 0:54 PM, Diesel said:

I am the bad guy around here because I bring in the truth to delusional people. 

1.  IF we lose Sap for nothing, we will struggle to win 20 games.   Sap is everything that Bud needs as a PF.   IF we replace him with Plumlee, Scott, or whoever else on the roster that you want to name, our team will struggle and probably Implode.   For you fans of the tank... losing Sap for nothing is us tanking and being "Flexible."

2.  Our GM is clueless about being a GM. Phil Jackson just got fired for his lack of work ethic.  Schlenk has great work ethic, he's just not a real BBall guy.  He's an analytics guy.  So he can't look at a guy and know that a guy is a player.  He can only look at stats and try to put them together.  It's going to be interesting.  But that's not why he's clueless.  He's clueless because he doesn't have a driving belief.  What's Schlenk's driving Belief?  Ferry was the son of a GM, he played, was mentored by Embry and Popp and over that time he developed a driving belief.  Knight Played, was mentored by Donnie Walsh and developed a Driving Belief.  It's these guys who don't have the background and the driving belief that worry me.  These are guys who take their NBA 2k17 teams in franchise mode and look at stats and measurables and have no idea how the guys will work chemistry wise. 

3.  Bud is on the hotseat.  No GM comes in and allows the coach that was there before remain unless that coach has pictures of the owner.  Bud is going to get the Larry Drew, Lenny Wilkens treatment.  He will be allowed to start the season but as soon as Schlenk feels pressure, he will press to have his guys take over coaching.  Hello Mike Brown!!

4.  We are tanking.  Hawks fans...watch these guys:  Robert Williams.  Michael Porter, and DeAndre Ayton.  We are looking for a generational talent. 

5.  Don't expect big moves in FAcy.  Nope.  Don't see it.  I think we will get guys who can pass the time while we wait on this generational talent.  Maybe Zaza,   Oh yeah... we're not moving Plumlee. 

1. Yeah, if Millsap leaves, ATL will struggle.

2. It's too early to call Schlenk clueless. I'd atleast give him 3 years.

3. I doubt it. This roster isn't stacked with talent. It's going through transition from a veteran's team to a young team so expectations for Bud this season shouldn't be high. Now if Bud wanted to be like Doc when he left BOS for LAC because he didn't want to rebuild, then yeah, I could see Bud gone. I'm sure Bud has an understanding of the situation. This team isn't like the Teague/Korver/Millsap/Horford team he walked into.

4. We'll have to see how they do in FA. 

5. I don't expect any big moves. Probably see some ex-GS guys like Ian Clark on the roster though.

16 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah - the younger the player the most volatility there is in the draft projection.  We seen plenty of one and done and straight from HS successes but it is harder to project at that age.  For fan reasons, I'd still like to see the age limit raised so the product is better.

Oh yea?  Fan of what, UK or the NBA?

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Youth and experience are the real saving graces otherwise we'd be entering Jamal Crawford levels of frustration (Career .530 TS%) of a player possessing all of the physical tools yet only contribution is volume scoring at barely league average efficiency.  The presence of Butler should help if it pushes Wiggins to a tertiary role as he's proven that he's not yet ready (if ever) to be a meaningful primary scorer.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Oh yea?  Fan of what, UK or the NBA?

Definitely the NBA was what I was talking about.  Better for fans to have fewer super young, unequiped players and better for fans that teams can identify top talent with a higher degree of predictability.

For college basketball, the one and done model is particularly troubling as some people stop even showing up to classes at the end of their freshman year.  For UK probably 6 of 1 half dozen of the other.  More years of Anthony Davis, KAT, etc. sounds pretty good but obviously they can't recruit at the same annual rate there - probably positive in the net there too but moreso for college basketball as a whole.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Youth and experience are the real saving graces otherwise we'd be entering Jamal Crawford levels of frustration (Career .530 TS%) of a player possessing all of the physical tools yet only contribution is volume scoring at barely league average efficiency.  The presence of Butler should help if it pushes Wiggins to a tertiary role as he's proven that he's not yet ready (if ever) to be a meaningful primary scorer.

I don't think anyone should quit on him.  Just saying that for a primary scorer on a team being a top 100 player in terms of TS% is not at all impressive.  

THJr's age 21 TS% is better than any season Wiggins has had and he is not a star of efficiency.

Wiggins can make the jump and the presence of Butler should help him improve that scoring efficiency.