• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I can confirm that Ryan Kelly has been traded

sturt

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't mind this trade.  We just traded a player we were going to cut for cash.  The Rockets could fill that salary spot with any number of players so I don't see how this helps them land Paul.  We might as well get paid if we are giving up someone with no future on this team.

It's gotta help them somehow as they seem to be making tiny little deals like this all over the league. I won't pretend to be on the same level as Morey but he's working some angle here otherwise there's no reason for the Rockets to do this. 

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

First CP3 gets traded and now Kelly  ... what a crazy day

And then there's this...

While the Hawks are worrying about Philips Arena renovations the Rockets are busy renovating their team into a championship contender... assuming they get PG or Melo. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

It's gotta help them somehow as they seem to be making tiny little deals like this all over the league. I won't pretend to be on the same level as Morey but he's working some angle here otherwise there's no reason for the Rockets to do this. 

Just saying that Kelly is easily replaceable with any number of other players around the league.  There is a reason they are going to do it but they are going to do it so you might as well get some cash and then use that to buy the #31 pick next year like you could have done this year.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

Just saying that Kelly is easily replaceable with any number of other players around the league.  There is a reason they are going to do it but they are going to do it so you might as well get some cash and then use that to buy the #31 pick next year like you could have done this year.

I'm still irritated that we didn't buy the 31st pick this year. Maybe we're financing the Philips Arena renovations with this trade. 

What exactly did the Rockets get out of trading cash for 3 scrubs? And somehow they still have their MLE and bi annual exception. Morey is no dummy and I wonder what that would be like to have a GM who can do the things he does. 

As to what's not to like? At some point when you keep acting like the pawn shop of the NBA nobody will ever see you as anything different. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I could see us trading Millsap and taking back multiple average / young players and I'm sure we'll have a lot of young guys who aren't in the league invited to camp. 

I'm honestly ok with this and will be happy if we can get back multiple young average players for sap however my true feelings are that the return for sap will be multiple soon to be 30 year olds with the skill set of plumlee.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

What exactly did the Rockets get out of trading cash for 3 scrubs? And somehow they still have their MLE and bi annual exception. Morey is no dummy and I wonder what that would be like to have a GM who can do the things he does. 

As to what's not to like? At some point when you keep acting like the pawn shop of the NBA nobody will ever see you as anything different. 

I have a lot of respect for what Morey has done. I know you are out there and might not like them, but the Rockets are always sneaky good. They do a good job getting some really good players out there. If Kawhi got hurt during the Spurs-Rockets series we might have seen a better WCF. I want a championship but I would be happy in today's NBA landscape being a Rockets fan these last few years (even with Dwights last year sandwiched in there).

• Like 1

And then there's this...

While the Hawks are worrying about Philips Arena renovations the Rockets are busy renovating their team into a championship contender... assuming they get PG or Melo. 

Same old deal... Management doesn't want to rebuild, but they never put together a title contender. This management is the same as the last.

And then there's this...

Bruh... people making personnel decisions have nothing to do with what happens with the stadium. Come on now. I know Hawks fans want to act like this is a snake bitten franchise that can do nothing right, but this is a reeeeeeeeach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CP61 said:

Bruh... people making personnel decisions have nothing to do with what happens with the stadium. Come on now. I know Hawks fans want to act like this is a snake bitten franchise that can do nothing right, but this is a reeeeeeeeach.

Remember my post about The Miserable Ones? ;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hazer said:

Remember my post about The Miserable Ones? ;)

Who's miserable? I mean that's great that the Hawks want Philips to be better and the ideas are interesting... but they're not going to even come close to having a sold out crowd unless the team is among the best in the league and there's a very  long history in Atlanta of that being true. And even if we are able to bring back Millsap we don't have the trade or player assets to see us be one of the best teams in the league in the next couple of years. Best bet is getting a player or picks of value for Millsap and again we'd be a long way off from having the young players develop into making us one of the top teams and that's hoping most of our young guys do develop. 

The Hawks reputation around the league is that of dysfunctional ownership, racism, poor trades, over paying players, willing to do anything to get cash considerations, selling draft picks, trading for players to help other teams build super teams, getting spanked in the playoffs over and over and over... and being great at Twitter. So while other teams are out there making noise building super teams we're out there publicly saying we won't offer our best player a max contract (which I do agree with) and talking about renovations to an arena that was already pretty great.

All of that are facts. And yet after 31 years I'm still here as a diehard fan, will still pay for the NBA package as I do every year and I will see the Hawks in person whenever I can even though I live in another state. I'm far from miserable about the Hawks but I'm not a blind homer either.

2 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Same old deal... Management doesn't want to rebuild, but they never put together a title contender. This management is the same as the last.

Too early to judge but it's certainly possible. 

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who's miserable? I mean that's great that the Hawks want Philips to be better and the ideas are interesting... but they're not going to even come close to having a sold out crowd unless the team is among the best in the league and there's a very  long history in Atlanta of that being true. And even if we are able to bring back Millsap we don't have the trade or player assets to see us be one of the best teams in the league in the next couple of years. Best bet is getting a player or picks of value for Millsap and again we'd be a long way off from having the young players develop into making us one of the top teams and that's hoping most of our young guys do develop. 

The Hawks reputation around the league is that of dysfunctional ownership, racism, poor trades, over paying players, willing to do anything to get cash considerations, selling draft picks, trading for players to help other teams build super teams, getting spanked in the playoffs over and over and over... and being great at Twitter. So while other teams are out there making noise building super teams we're out there publicly saying we won't offer our best player a max contract (which I do agree with) and talking about renovations to an arena that was already pretty great.

All of that are facts. And yet after 31 years I'm still here as a diehard fan, will still pay for the NBA package as I do every year and I will see the Hawks in person whenever I can even though I live in another state. I'm far from miserable about the Hawks but I'm not a blind homer either.

All I'm saying is stadium renovations have nothing to do with the acquiring players. They are done by two different groups and one does not stop the other. Let's just enjoy these nice renovations. The only reason to be mad about it is if you are mad at the tourist taxes paying for it.