• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I can confirm that Ryan Kelly has been traded

sturt

Just now, CP61 said:

All I'm saying is stadium renovations have nothing to do with the acquiring players. They are done by two different groups and one does not stop the other. Let's just enjoy these nice renovations. The only reason to be mad about it is if you are mad at the tourist taxes paying for it.

Yeah of course... and my comment was meant as sarcasm... but when you have the Hawks out there on Twitter talking about arena renovations and teams like the Blazers making videos of them being excited over cash considerations while teams like Rockets are announcing their 2nd superstar on the team it makes it seem a little silly in comparison. 

BTW I'm not mad in any way that Philips is getting upgrades. My only point is about the perception of the team and the timing of their Tweets. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Yeah of course... and my comment was meant as sarcasm... but when you have the Hawks out there on Twitter talking about arena renovations and teams like the Blazers making videos of them being excited over cash considerations while teams like Rockets are announcing their 2nd superstar on the team it makes it seem a little silly in comparison. 

BTW I'm not mad in any way that Philips is getting upgrades. My only point is about the perception of the team and the timing of their Tweets. 

I can get that, but it ain't up to the social media people to make deals.

3 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I can get that, but it ain't up to the social media people to make deals.

It's not but they do answer to the Hawks owners, that I know with certainty from speaking personally with Koonin. Perception is often reality and the perception of the Hawks is that of a joke right now. I've seen us being clowned for cash considerations and for the Dwight trade just today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I have a lot of respect for what Morey has done. I know you are out there and might not like them, but the Rockets are always sneaky good. They do a good job getting some really good players out there. If Kawhi got hurt during the Spurs-Rockets series we might have seen a better WCF. I want a championship but I would be happy in today's NBA landscape being a Rockets fan these last few years (even with Dwights last year sandwiched in there).

I like the Rockets if they're playing anyone other than the Hawks... but I definitely get jealous of them always seeming to be capable of pulling off the deals that they do. Granted they've had some luck but you gotta make your own luck sometimes and they do a great job of that. 

I have been lucky enough to see the Hawks erase 20 point deficits to the Rockets in Houston the last 2 years in a row. That was on the heels of never seeing the Hawks win in Houston. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

What exactly did the Rockets get out of trading cash for 3 scrubs? And somehow they still have their MLE and bi annual exception. Morey is no dummy and I wonder what that would be like to have a GM who can do the things he does. 

As to what's not to like? At some point when you keep acting like the pawn shop of the NBA nobody will ever see you as anything different. 

Hawk shop.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who's miserable? I mean that's great that the Hawks want Philips to be better and the ideas are interesting... but they're not going to even come close to having a sold out crowd unless the team is among the best in the league and there's a very  long history in Atlanta of that being true. And even if we are able to bring back Millsap we don't have the trade or player assets to see us be one of the best teams in the league in the next couple of years. Best bet is getting a player or picks of value for Millsap and again we'd be a long way off from having the young players develop into making us one of the top teams and that's hoping most of our young guys do develop. 

The Hawks reputation around the league is that of dysfunctional ownership, racism, poor trades, over paying players, willing to do anything to get cash considerations, selling draft picks, trading for players to help other teams build super teams, getting spanked in the playoffs over and over and over... and being great at Twitter. So while other teams are out there making noise building super teams we're out there publicly saying we won't offer our best player a max contract (which I do agree with) and talking about renovations to an arena that was already pretty great.

All of that are facts. And yet after 31 years I'm still here as a diehard fan, will still pay for the NBA package as I do every year and I will see the Hawks in person whenever I can even though I live in another state. I'm far from miserable about the Hawks but I'm not a blind homer either.

Dolph, you're not one of The Miserable Ones and I'm not a blind homer. I was addressing the general part of his post where he said "Hawks fans". 

12 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

What exactly did the Rockets get out of trading cash for 3 scrubs? 

Morey talked about this in the presser, they generated trade exceptions. I believe trade exceptions can be better than straight cash homey if you are planning to go over the cap, and you can always renounce them and get the cash back if you're under. They are probably going to try and trade Anderson so they can add one more max player; then use the exceptions to round their roster by taking contracts teams want out of or trading picks. 

Edited by ATLien_