• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you be mad at...

Diesel

No, that will be close to what he will get and it is around what Bazemore should have gotten at the most. SMH.

I am not sure our new GM will pay him. If he could move Bazemore it would be easier to see.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

If we get rid of Baze I think it's a great deal. If we keep Baze, it's still a good deal for THJ but a waste of money to have that much money invested in two shooting guards. Baze is not a 3, no matter how hard Bud tries to make him one.

Well if he's not - he is a waste of money.  I don't see him as an effective 2 in the modern game - maybe he can be an athletic undersized backup 4 (?)

• Like 1

That's fine I suppose. I'd love to keep that under 4 years unless they include a team option. 2 years and an option is what I want out of Tim, or at least not more than 3. When the Bazemore and Plumlee deals come off the books, I don't want money tied up in Hardaway in case there's a chance at forming our own contender with that cash. 

Nope that's like 7-8 under the previous CBA and he's worth every penny of that. I'm praying mid level starter contracts come back down to Earth like that. I can't handle another Bazemore deal. 

Honestly I don't want anymore 2 year deals either as they've bit us in the ass with DMC and Millsap. A 4 year deal at 12 per for Timmy would be easily moveable unless he absolutely regresses. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Nope that's like 7-8 under the previous CBA and he's worth every penny of that. I'm praying mid level starter contracts come back down to Earth like that. I can't handle another Bazemore deal. 

Honestly I don't want anymore 2 year deals either as they've bit us in the ass with DMC and Millsap. A 4 year deal at 12 per for Timmy would be easily moveable unless he absolutely regresses. 

We will have bird rights to him after next season. It's 3 seasons with the same team not a 3 year deal. That's why these stars like Durant and Lebron keep signing one year deals so that they can allow the team to go over the cap to keep them after 3 years. All the more reason to give him a short deal.

• Moderators
On 6/30/2017 at 8:46 PM, Alex said:

And he becomes the Hawks second highest paid player lol 

Wouldn't he be paid less than Baze and Dennis?

On 6/30/2017 at 8:05 PM, DJlaysitup said:

Well if he's not - he is a waste of money.  

Yeah - he is clearly overpaid.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wouldn't he be paid less than Baze and Dennis?

Yeah - he is clearly overpaid.

I think he would be between Kent and Dennis making him second highest.

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dennis getting less than 12M?  Didn't think that was the case.

Bazemore is near 16.5 maybe closer to 17.  Dennis is 15.5 I think.  

Edit: I thought this was a 4/64 contract being proposed for Tim.

Edited by Alex

Low ball offer. THJ is worth 15 /yr in this market. Get rid of Baze at all costs, Timmy is the one with the higher ceiling and is younger by 3 years. Baze has already peaked, his game will never surpass what it was in 2015/16. 

Tim is actually getting physically stronger to go with improved BBall IQ. There is a 20ppg player inside of him that's about to break out in the next 2 seasons just watch

• Moderators
On 7/4/2017 at 9:44 AM, Alex said:

Bazemore is near 16.5 maybe closer to 17.  Dennis is 15.5 I think.  

Edit: I thought this was a 4/64 contract being proposed for Tim.

Back at the computer and pulled the numbers:

15.5M for Dennis

$17M for Baze (it is the following years he hits 18M and 19M respectively - yes weep if you must.  I'm tempted every time I read that.)

A 4/48M deal would put him solidly in the second tier behind Dennis and Baze on the team in payroll, likely just behind Plumlee unless the deal is frontloaded.  A 4/$64 would put him right there with Dennis depending on how the deal was structured, but I don't think that is being discussed.