• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Probably the more interesting Hawks related free agent story is

capstone21

• Admin

What the Timberwolves do ...

They are serious about making the playoffs and we also reap the benefits ... I want them to get some quality free agents as I want that pick next year ... we will have a lottery pick and wherever Minny ends up.

Well with just Jimmy Butler added to last years team, I think they will make the playoffs. Wiggins won't have to guard the other teams best wing anymore which should help him a ton. I'm scared they will be the 4 seed at this point.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Can't believe they would give up an elite defender and passer in Rubio for the most average PG that ever existed in Jeff Teague. Stunned at the Twolves being that insane.

Teague will not get a max, so they will have room for another quality signing. I heard Kyle Lowry may visit also, but he will cost a lot more.

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Can't believe they would give up an elite defender and passer in Rubio for the most average PG that ever existed in Jeff Teague. Stunned at the Twolves being that insane.

They need shooting and Teague would be a better fit for that reason. Also Teague can play off the ball and let Butler be the ballhandler some whereas Rubio can't. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Supposedly 3 years 55 million ... overpay ... especially since Rubio was only making 8

I don't know where you are getting your contract info from but Rubio is set to average about 14.5 million a year over the next three seasons.

Link:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rubiori01.html#all_contracts_min

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't know where you are getting your contract info from but Rubio is set to average about 14.5 million a year over the next three seasons.

Link:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rubiori01.html#all_contracts_min

Ah, well forget what I said about that ... yikes I should do better fact checking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Ah, well forget what I said about that ... yikes I should do better fact checking

Rubio at 8 would be a deal though. Like Teague at 8 was; that seems like such a long time ago but it was just two seasons ago  :)

Edited by Buzzard

24 minutes ago, Flight said:

Looking at the East now, we may tank and still make the playoffs smh.

Yeah this ain't good. Lol. 

I'm regards to the wolves, Rubio is better than Teague and cheaper. That's a bad move imo. Not that it matters that much since they are at least similarly talented, but on a team with 3 great scorers, give me the guy whose skills are passing and defense over Teague. I guess they get a pick that could be pretty good if Hayward leaves, so I guess it's a win for them that way.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm hearing from Wolves insider ppl that Rubio was going to get a max deal or near max deal when his contract is up and the Twolves couldn't pay him, KAT, Wiggins and Butler like that so they traded him to make room for a lesser but cheaper in the long term player in Teague.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Flight said:

Looking at the East now, we may tank and still make the playoffs smh.

Just gotta hope teams like Miami, Charlotte, and Detroit make the playoffs because it's not looking good.