• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ainge not willing to use his assets

• Moderators

I so badly hope that happens.  I have loved watching him whiff on opportunity after opportunity and then make bad draft choices.  His team has enough resources to compete but they could have been contenders.  Not sure Hayward is really that great anyway.

• Like 1

He's expecting teams to gift wrap talented players like Mchale did years ago when the Celtics got KG.  These teams are not trying to bail Ainge out this time around. Some of those assets are going to depreciate the longer he sits on them too.   

• Like 1

He made that clear when he didn't want to trade Terry f'ing Rozier.

I mean, really. Terry Rozier. I think he can be a fine role player but that's crazy. So he's going to just hoard everyone.

He will look silly if he can't get Anthony Davis, which seems to be his plan (or another huge name).

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

He only wants to get slam dunk one sided deals like when he got KG for Al Jefferson and a bag of chips. He is wasting all those picks he robbed the Nets for. Laughable he couldn't even land Butler or George when their teams were almost desperate to get any value back for them.

Only one summer league game in but the decision to go with Tatum over Fultz may pan out.  Missing on Hayward will be a failure though.  George's stock has dropped around the league's front offices so I don't think they're sweating him too much.  Butler doesn't mix with Boston's locker room or fanbase.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Only one summer league game in but the decision to go with Tatum over Fultz may pan out.  Missing on Hayward will be a failure though.  George's stock has dropped around the league's front offices so I don't think they're sweating him too much.  Butler doesn't mix with Boston's locker room or fanbase.

Summer league ?  You mean playground ball ... means nothing

50 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Summer league ?  You mean playground ball ... means nothing

True, we're all prone to knee jerks.  I just don't watch college and on first impressions Tatum seems more ready mentally and style-wise.  Ainge really values the body-language expert guy he travels around with so that may have been the difference between the two in his evaluation. 

By that same token though you should refrain from posting any thoughts on our Summer League team.  Impossible, right?

Edited by benhillboy

• Admin

It doesn't mean a whole lot if players play well but it's s concern if they do not play well.  It's some basketball to pass the time over the summer and give u a first view of the newbies but people always overreact to our guys in the summer.

It's plastered over NBATV so it's done.  He'd fit great on any team without an AS 3.      I'm guessing Crowder isnt taking it too well.  They're still soft as silly putty at 4 and 5.  I was surprised to see Amir Johnson has been a very highly rated defender throughout his career.  Losing him will hurt more than most think on the surface.