• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Millsap to Minnesota or Denver?

Sothron

• Premium Member

I hate that Millsap isn't going to Minn, we could get back some pieces from them. Denver I think can sign him outright then bring Gallo back if they wanted. They still have a lot of wing players they could move in a SNT but my fear is we lose Millsap outright to them for nothing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm beginning to think we may have been too quick to think he's gone. All the talk before was he was going to be getting multiple max contract offers, and it's now very much in question if he's going to be getting even one. Plus, if the price has come down appreciably, it invites some capped-out teams that maybe before weren't in on him to be talking to us about a sign-and-trade after all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm beginning to think we may have been too quick to think he's gone. All the talk before was he was going to be getting multiple max contract offers, and it's now very much in question if he's going to be getting even one. Plus, if the price has come down appreciably, it invites some capped-out teams that maybe before weren't in on him to be talking to us about a sign-and-trade after all.

Yeah I'm getting afraid he'll be back. I still think he's 90% going to Denver though

• Premium Member

At a good price??? I'm not afraid of him being back at all. Would love that. At minimum, he's an exceptional trade piece later on. At maximum, we sign him for 2-3 years, and we get a solid ASG caliber player who is our base while our young-uns mature.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

At a good price??? I'm not afraid of him being back at all. Would love that. At minimum, he's an exceptional trade piece later on. At maximum, we sign him for 2-3 years, and we get a solid ASG caliber player who is our base while our young-uns mature.

Sap back at the right price is awesome. Like you said, we can trade him (like we should probably have done) or he helps mentor our recent and last years draft picks. If wining 38 games in the East might land you the 7th seed, "tanking" becomes a lot more difficult.