• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Millsap to Minnesota or Denver?

Sothron

Was it public knowledge that Teague and Millsap were really good friends? If so I can't believe we didn't keep Teague AND got rid of his guy Kyle plus screwed up without Al. It's almost like we tried to make Millsap break up with us by our own actions just so we wouldn't have to look like the bad guy. 

54 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Pek is done, his ankles are shot to hell.

Wolves could offer us Dieng, Aldrich maybe Bazz if they don't think they can sign him. That OKC first rounder might be coming to us for Millsap too.

Denver I think could just sign him outright.

And if Schlenk does that then the Hawks are just bending over to help the Wolves out like they helped San Antonio. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

And if Schlenk does that then the Hawks are just bending over to help the Wolves out like they helped San Antonio. 

We NEED the Wolves to make the playoffs THIS year so yeah we should be looking to help them out. Aldrich would suck but if he comes with Patton or Dieng then that's better than losing Millsap for nothing or seeing Plumlee start AND give Moose contract leverage on us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

We NEED the Wolves to make the playoffs THIS year so yeah we should be looking to help them out. Aldrich would suck but if he comes with Patton or Dieng then that's better than losing Millsap for nothing or seeing Plumlee start AND give Moose contract leverage on us. 

Dieng and Patton would be nice gets in a Sap deal.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

Dieng and Patton would be nice gets in a Sap deal.

Probably way too much to ask for but we can hope right? I would give them Sap plus their 1st back all day long. And if they want Plumlee then hey we will take Aldrich and call it a day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The late first round pick is worthless.  The Hawks need a difference maker and clearly the draft is their only chance at finding one.  Having the 22nd pick for example coupled with a mid to high teen draft pick isn't some great package.  This isn't like the NFL draft where you can package some late picks to move up.  The value just isn't there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

The late first round pick is worthless.  The Hawks need a difference maker and clearly the draft is their only chance at finding one.  Having the 22nd pick for example coupled with a mid to high teen draft pick isn't some great package.  This isn't like the NFL draft where you can package some late picks to move up.  The value just isn't there.

Having 3 first round picks in next years draft is A LOT of ammo. Even if you're not taking players with all of those picks or trying to move up in the draft with them, they absolutely can be used to make trades with and no first round pick is better than one in the current season. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Best case scenario Hawks barely miss the playoffs (27 wins) and have the 14th pick, Wolves make playoffs as a low seed and have a (our) pick around 15th-19th. Bundle those 2 picks for one in the top 5 from a team looking to move back. If The Colonel can swing moving Dwight, coming away from the 2017 draft with Collins AND Patton, and snagging a 2018 top 5 pick, I'd say that's pretty alright.

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Best case scenario Hawks barely miss the playoffs (27 wins) and have the 14th pick, Wolves make playoffs as a low seed and have a (our) pick around 15th-19th. Bundle those 2 picks for one in the top 5 from a team looking to move back. If The Colonel can swing moving Dwight, coming away from the 2017 draft with Collins AND Patton, and snagging a 2018 top 5 pick, I'd say that's pretty alright.

I like it. But that's a lot of "ifs" 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hard to predict, but I don't think two mid-firsts are enough to get into the top 5.  Could get you to 8 or 9, though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

Barely missing the playoffs at 27 wins? It's looking like another rough year in the East, but that might be a little extreme. Also, 27 wins was good for the 4th pick last season.

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

Barely missing the playoffs at 27 wins? It's looking like another rough year in the East, but that might be a little extreme. Also, 27 wins was good for the 4th pick last season.

Yes, its going to be a very down year in the East.

24 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I like it. But that's a lot of "ifs" 

Highly probable ones though ;)

10 minutes ago, High5 said:

27 wins this year might be good enough for the 4th seed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Yes, its going to be a very down year in the East.

The only team in the East that won fewer than 28 games last season is Brooklyn. I think the absolute worst case would be a 36-win 8 seed. More likely 37 or 38. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Lol at poster that reflect free 1st round picks!  Uhhhhhhh either we get a top 5 pick or it worthless additude.  Ridiculous!

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

The only team in the East that won fewer than 28 games last season is Brooklyn. I think the absolute worst case would be a 36-win 8 seed. More likely 37 or 38. 

There is no WAY the Hawks are winning 38 games next year. Low 30s, MAYbe...