• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are all the offers for Millsap?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Like I have stated before, the rest of the league views Millsap much differently than the Hawk faithful.  Blake Griffin got his deal! Where is Millsap's offer since he is suppose to be so much better than Griffin?

Blake signing quickly with the Clippers is the best thing that could have happened for him. The dust has settled and Paul is the best big man left. He will get paid.

• Like 2

I'm sure the Clippers have been working on his contract for a while since he's their guy and they know him well. Other teams couldn't have met with Millsap before now so I wouldn't expect him to have an offer by 12:01. 

Plus most teams that he'd sign with know they'll have to work out a SnT for Millsap so there's a lot more to consider than just re-signing one of your own.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Unless Millsap is willing to make close to nothing the meeting is pointless.  The Wolves have a possible 20 million in cap space if their cap holds go away.  They have 8 players on their roster.  If the Hawks do a SnT and get Gorgui's salary in return then Schlenk needs to be fired on the spot. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Unless Millsap is willing to make close to nothing the meeting is pointless.  The Wolves have a possible 20 million in cap space if their cap holds go away.  They have 8 players on their roster.  If the Hawks do a SnT and get Gorgui's salary in return then Schlenk needs to be fired on the spot. 

If they sent us Aldridge and a pick (s) they get Sap started at around 27 million a year. Aldridge and Belinelli combine to clear 13 million for us next season plus Saps cap hold would then clear this season.

If we are after picks and cap this may be the way to go.

Edited by Buzzard

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

So a young 7' who shoots better than Millsap from 3, blocks shots, averages 10/8 with 2 assists and shoots over 50% is not someone you'd want? He would be tremendous paired with Collins long term. 

IMO Dieng is almost the perfect C for the modern game and I've been dying to have him since he was drafted. He's being paid 14 million and he slocked up for 3 more years at 16 in his last season. He's paid exactly what he should be for his production on both ends. 

His role would increase here and he's very limited offensively.  He was surrounded by KAT and Wiggin who were the focal point offensively.  The Hawks do not have a guy you need to worry about guarding so Dieng would not perform here. 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

If they sent us Aldridge and a pick (s) they get Sap started at around 27 million a year. Aldridge and Belinelli combine to clear 13 million for us next season

Just to make sure everyone is clear this is Cole Aldrich we are talking about. He's pretty much a scrub outside of being a full figured C. 

Minnesota couldn't send us another 1st unless we wait for 2020 or later to get it since they owe us their 2018. And I can't remember but did they give up their 2020 for Butler? 

We would never better off letting Millsap walk for nothing than to take Aldrich without Patton or Dieng. 

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

His role would increase here and he's very limited offensively.  He was surrounded by KAT and Wiggin who were the focal point offensively.  The Hawks do not have a guy you need to worry about guarding so Dieng would not perform here. 

You have to defend Dennis and Belli and Prince and even THjr. Dieng would be here for the PnR and to stretch the D while on offense and he's tremendous all around on D especially defending the PnR. We don't need him to be a focal point on offense either. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Just to make sure everyone is clear this is Cole Aldrich we are talking about. He's pretty much a scrub outside of being a full figured C. 

Minnesota couldn't send us another 1st unless we wait for 2020 or later to get it since they owe us their 2018. And I can't remember but did they give up their 2020 for Butler? 

We would never better off letting Millsap walk for nothing than to take Aldrich without Patton or Dieng. 

I know who Cole is. He is a one year deal. This is real simple, if they do not send a pick or something decent along with him, I am pretty sure Schlenk will not do it. I know I would not.

7 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

As if matters at all, but didn't Utah send OKC's first round pick to Minnesota in the Rubio trade?  So Minnesota now owns a presumably high 20s first rounder.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Oh believe me. It may seem laughable to you, but Millsap will have the full max thrown down for him in the end.

I think Denver is that team. Sactown is the other option if they do not sign Redick.

Edited by Buzzard

Just now, Alex said:

As if matters at all, but didn't Utah send OKC's first round pick to Minnesota in the Rubio trade?  So Minnesota now owns a presumably high 20s first rounder.

I didn't see bet he details of what year that pick was for. I know they can't trade consecutive years of their own pick before draft night. I would be happy getting a 2018 OKC to pair with the Wolves 2018 and our own pick. That's a lot of valuable trade assets. I still want Patton or Dieng though. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Oh believe me. It may seem laughable to you, but Millsap will have the full max thrown down for him in the end.

When?  When is this suppose to happen and what are they waiting on?

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Denver is that team. Sactown is the other option if they do not sign Redick.

You really think Millsap would sign with that dumpster fire in Sacramento? I can't see him wanting to be involved in another soap opera ownership / management situation after Atlanta.

• Like 1