• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are all the offers for Millsap?

Peoriabird

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Do we get all 20 year olds?  No, we get the crappy ones.

Drafting outside of the lottery that is mostly what you will get.  There are some gems in that range but it is tougher.  Dennis was a good one.

The lottery contains many more gems among the junk.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Do we get all 20 year olds?  No, we get the crappy ones.

You and many others are starting to sound like Hotlanta.  Take a deep breath and give our new GM a chance.  There are plenty of opportunities out there to improve our roster while getting younger.  If he makes right decisions in the future with drafts and free agent signings while managing the cap well, the Hawk will be better off.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Drafting outside of the lottery that is mostly what you will get.  There are some gems in that range but it is tougher.  Dennis was a good one.

The lottery contains many more gems among the junk.

I don't understand?  Wasn't that the point of getting younger?  I think we improved our chances of getting into the lottery don't you think?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Success starts at the top.  If you have good management then your team will be fine.  If not it does matter how many 32 year old Millsaps you have on your team.

Well, we have neither.  Of course Ol' Slinky is gonna get us Durant now with all that cap room.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Well, we have neither.  Of course Ol' Slinky is gonna get us Durant now with all that cap room.

By the way what's your main gripe?  Are you mad at Schlenk, BudCox, owners Who?  Or is this just an emotional time for you?

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way what's your main gripe?  Are you mad at Schlenk, BudCox, owners Who?  Or is this just an emotional time for you?

I hate losing teams.  Is that hard to figure out for you?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

We were going to lose with Millsap so what changed over the last 24 hours?

Now we're going to lose for a long, long time.  We at least had a chance to lure some free agents, but no one is going to want to be associated with this junk.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Now we're going to lose for a long, long time.  We at least had a chance to lure some free agents, but no one is going to want to be associated with this junk.

You sure about that? We'll see.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't understand?  Wasn't that the point of getting younger?  I think we improved our chances of getting into the lottery don't you think?

I was only arguing against the notion that our bad drafting in the past by different GMs and in the middle to late parts of that first round are indicative of our expected results in the lottery under new management.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was only arguing against the notion that our bad drafting in the past by different GMs and in the middle to late parts of that first round are indicative of our expected results in the lottery under new management.

Schlenk is in a no win situation.  If he resigns Millsap while the Hawks win 40-42 games, there is civil unrest and criticism.  If he does the total opposite he is criticized even by the same posters begging him to rebuild.  That's Atlanta for you

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk is in a no win situation.  If he resigns Millsap while the Hawks win 40-42 games, there is civil unrest and criticism.  If he does the total opposite he is criticized even by the same posters begging him to rebuild.  That's Atlanta for you

That is short-term.  Whether he wins or not will depend on how much the team wins under him.  People will get past the initial rocky start with no problem if he builds a talented, exciting team and 90% of the fans will be all behind him.  If he flops in his rebuild, he'll be out with everyone in agreement.