• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are all the offers for Millsap?

Peoriabird

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I know who Cole is. He is a one year deal. This is real simple, if they do not send a pick or something decent along with him, I am pretty sure Schlenk will not do it. I know I would not.

Not meaning that YOU didn't know who he is. Was just clarifying for the casual fans who may read this and think that somehow Lamarcus was part of the trade. 

I completely agree with that sentiment.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

His role would increase here and he's very limited offensively.  He was surrounded by KAT and Wiggin who were the focal point offensively.  The Hawks do not have a guy you need to worry about guarding so Dieng would not perform here. 

This is something people often fail to realize. Some players look great playing with certain players and in certain systems because their flaws are hidden. You get them out of that system and you have a bum i.e. Demarre Carroll, Kent  Bazemore. Sometimes its the opposite ie Paul Millsap--who ever knew he was ever this good.

Just now, Wurider05 said:

This is something people often fail to realize. Some players look great playing with certain players and in certain systems because their flaws are hidden. You get them out of that system and you have a bum i.e. Demarre Carroll, Kent  Bazemore. Sometimes its the opposite ie Paul Millsap--who ever knew he was ever this good.

When did DMC become the definition of a bum? Dude got overpaid because of our team success but he would have been the perfect 3rd wheel in Toronto if he didn't have a bad knee. 

Don't think Baze qualifies either since he was never good. We just got desperate and overpaid our own bum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

You really think Millsap would sign with that dumpster fire in Sacramento? I can't see him wanting to be involved in another soap opera ownership / management situation after Atlanta.

148.9 Million dollars over four years is what Millsap can get; and yes, I do think he will take that. Wouldn't you?

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When?  When is this suppose to happen and what are they waiting on?

Just trust me, it's coming. While you pray and beg to God that he doesn't get it so you can die laughing at Travis Schlenk.

He's not a reactionary type, he's going to visit with teams and think about it as he knows he will not return to Atlanta. But he is going to have the full max thrown down for him and you will have egg on your face.

7 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I remember when Al Jefferson was traded to Utah. A lot of people thought the SAP/Big Al front line was going to be great for years to come. It never panned out but most people in the NBA knew Millsap was solid as a rock. He developed a 3pt shot with us and now he is going to get really paid.

We got lucky and I only wish we would have gotten luckier and signed him to 3 or 4 years instead of just 2.

8 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

And why couldn't he get the same 4 year contract from the Wolves if there's a SnT? 

I am not saying they won't but I am stating the facts. Denver and Sactown have that today. Someone will have to eat 15 million in contracts for Minny to do it; and I am not sure, with their young team, they want to pay Paul that much for that long.

Denver is desperate, I think they will do it. Sactown and Vlade are nut jobs, he is as likely to do it as anyone.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I am not saying they won't but I am stating the facts. Denver and Sactown have that today. Someone will have to eat 15 million in contracts for Minny to do it; and I am not sure, with their young team, they want to pay Paul that much for that long.

Denver is desperate, I think they will do it. Sactown and Vlade are nut jobs, he is as likely to do it as anyone.

There's no way Sap is signing in Sacramento with all the teams that are reportedly interested in him... 

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

There's no way Sap is signing in Sacramento with all the teams that are reportedly interested in him... 

Denver and Minnesota are the only teams that I am aware that are interested.  

Just now, thecampster said:

As for the Hawks, we are waiting for the Millsap shoe to drop so that his cap hold comes off.

So they can overpay Muscala and Hardaway.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

The only team that can free up over $26 mil without trades by releasing cap holds is Sacramento...None of the other teams can offer Sap over $27 mil per season

Which is no doubt why, more than for any other UFA out there, we've been hearing about the prospect of SnT for weeks now.

But I think DEN is also in a good position last I looked at their payroll minus Gallinari.... fwiw.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

If Millsap doesn't get full-max deals, do you entertain the idea of re-signing him?  4 years, $100M isn't the worst of deals...

He really is an ideal small ball C, and I feel safe that he's got 2 more years of solid productivity. I'd be willing to go max for 3 years, which ends up with 8% raises giving him about $112m all told.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, sturt said:

Which is no doubt why, more than for any other UFA out there, we've been hearing about the prospect of SnT for weeks now.

But I think DEN is also in a good position last I looked at their payroll minus Gallinari.... fwiw.

Denver has slightly over $26 mil if they renounce all of their cap holds

Latest tweet from Alex Kennedy:

Suns losing out on Blake leaves Sap. Same can be said for every team in search of a PF.

Edited by Buzzard