• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are all the offers for Millsap?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

IF Sap takes a team friendly deal (and I bet he knows what we will give him), do we keep THJ? Does Zaza make us better than having Dwight at C?  Is there a trade we can make to help our team?

Not saying this is ideal, just thinking about what could happen.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, coachx said:

Under the new CBA when would Milsap be eligible to trade ?

I believe it's 6 weeks into the season that you can trade someone you just signed the previous off-season--don't think that that changed from the last CBA.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

do we keep THJ

We already have so many SGs, and yet, amazingly enough, the only UFA we've been linked to? Yes, a SG. Surely that doesn't bode well for THjr, though with the caveat that it's still way too early to reach any firm conclusions either way.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

We already have so many SGs, and yet, amazingly enough, the only UFA we've been linked to? Yes, a SG. Surely that doesn't bode well for THjr, though with the caveat that it's still way too early to reach any firm conclusions either way.

I think THJ is our best SG, but he might be the one we don't or can't keep. I know you think Baze can be useful and I agree, but would you want him or THJ for 15 million p/ year? Baze holds us back because we are paying a 6th man to be our starting 3 (and he is a 2 but Bud keeps Baze at the 3 or backup PG at times).

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Do Hawks offer 3 years 90 mill? 3rd year being an option.

25 a year tops and we will probably move him for picks and/or players. Give him a player option on the 3rd year to keep him happy. The way contracts are, I could see him not opting in and chasing down another three years at 12 to 15 a year.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, hazer said:

Do Hawks offer 3 years 90 mill? 3rd year being an option.

Got 1 question...When you shop for say a car, do you pay more than market value for that car?  If not why do you want the Hawks to do it?  Obviously Sap's value is much less than most of y'all think i.e. not 1 single offer to the guy.  Why in h-ll would you bid against yourself and bid the price up?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Neither SG we have is a pure shooter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Got 1 question...When you shop for say a car, do you pay more than market value for that car?  If not why do you want the Hawks to do it?  Obviously Sap's value is much less than most of y'all think i.e. not 1 single offer to the guy.  Why in h-ll would you bid against yourself and bid the price up?

Good point. But Denver is still in the game, right? Why do it? It's $110mill less than it would've taken to max him out, he's played his heart out here, and he took less to stay here in the past. A car is not a person who has been loyal to you, given his all (with class), is one of the hardest working and versatile hard-hat guys you'll find, is a top 20 player in the league, can play small-ball 5 and hit the 3, has been an All-Star every year in ATL, had career highs last year, wants to be here, and is in an entirely different universe class-wise from that lil' bitch Alice Whorefart. OK, I'll bend down to 3 years $80mill. It's a bidness, yeah. But there's also a thing called respect. I was prepared for the end of the Hawks-Sap era. But there's a difference in a good deal and taking advantage of someone who left it all out there on the court for you. The league will notice... 

• Premium Member
Just now, hazer said:

Good point. But Denver is still in the game, right? Why do it? It's $110mill less than it would've taken to max him out, he's played his heart out here, and he took less to stay here in the past. A car is not a person who has been loyal to you, given his all (with class), is one of the hardest working and versatile hard-hat guys you'll find, is a top 20 player in the league, can play small-ball 5 and hit the 3, has been an All-Star every year in ATL, had career highs last year, wants to be here, and is in an entirely different universe class-wise from that lil' bitch Alice Whorefart. OK, I'll bend down to 3 years $80mill. It's a bidness, yeah. But there's also a thing called respect. I was prepared for the end of the Hawks-Sap era. But there's a difference in a good deal and taking advantage of someone who left it all out there on the court for you. The league will notice... 

Its a business

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Its a business

You read what I wrote, right? You quoting me? I said as much. You take advantage of him and see how hard-hat he is. You see how players league-wide react to that. I'm not saying give money away because he's a great guy/player. I'm just saying do the right thing. The 'Nique move was "just bidness" too...

• Premium Member

Put it this way... I wouldn't pay more than market value. Right? But now that the price might be so much more reasonable than expected, I'm wholly inclined to match whatever DEN offers.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Put it this way... I wouldn't pay more than market value. Right? But now that the price might be so much more reasonable than expected, I'm wholly inclined to match whatever DEN offers.

Denver hasn't offered a dime! In fact they are leaning toward resigning Gallo

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Denver hasn't offered a dime! In fact they are leaning toward resigning Gallo

Now c'mon. Show a little balance here. You really think that DEN sent all those people to meet with Sap, and took the time to get some Broncos player to record a sales pitch, and haven't offered a dime?

More likely, imo, they've made two offers, one if Gallo re-signs and one if he doesn't. They hold Bird rights to him anyhow. And if he does re-sign, that might necessitate a SnT.... so, yeah, their approach probably hinges on Gallo's decision, but the offer likely is already on the table and can't be announced until the other part is clarified.

• Like 1