• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are all the offers for Millsap?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

Here is the article that explains it:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/30/15900582/how-nba-free-agency-2017-works-explained-gordon-hayward-max-contract

The max this year for every other team was 32 million.

You are dead wrong.  Millsap was eligible for the super max because of his age. Why are you using Gordon Heyward?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Wait.

DEN?

Where'd that come from? Who woulda ever thought those guys were prepared to make an offer?

Max contract, who would have thought that Paul would get the max?  Oh wait.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You are dead wrong.  Millsap was eligible for the super max because of his age. Why are you using Gordon Heyward?

I was wrong.

I still bet that Millsap got more than you thought he would ;))

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I was wrong.

I still bet that Millsap got more than you thought he would ;))

So wait,  I predicted 3 years $75 Mil and you predicted 4 years $152 Mil and you are claiming victory? Wow

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hazer said:

Do Hawks offer 3 years 90 mill? 3rd year being an option.

That's eggZACKly the deal Sap apparently just signed with The Nugz. I had his nimber nailed...

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

That's eggZACKly the deal Sap apparently just signed with The Nugz. I had his nimber nailed...

Bud really set this team back as a GM.  Schlenk had no option but to move on without compensation.  Denver made a mistake but that's how things go in this league.  Time to concentrate on accumulating younger players less coveted by the league like a Shabazz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bud really set this team back as a GM.  Schlenk had no option but to move on without compensation.  Denver made a mistake but that's how things go in this league.  Time to concentrate on accumulating younger players less coveted by the league like a Shabazz.

3 and 90 would've been the perfect deal, with an option, apparently. That was, in my opinion, the offer that should've been made and not been insulting. The ones who said Hawks had NO interest were correct. Sad, but not unexpected.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

3 and 90 would've been the perfect deal, with an option, apparently. That was, in my opinion, the offer that should've been made and not been insulting. The ones who said Hawks had NO interest were correct. Sad, but not unexpected.

Be honest with yourself and ask...What does a 32 year old player do for a non contender?

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Max contract, who would have thought that Paul would get the max?  Oh wait.

Don't know what this references.

I may have cited that others were predicting that, and being the relatively humble sort, allowed for that possibility thought it did seem a stretch.

Me, I actually said $30m/yr is what I thought he'd get. My mistake was in thinking he'd get 4 years. He got 3, or maybe just 2.

Look it up.

Meanwhile, I understand why you'd prefer not to discuss the question I asked just before this, but I don't really understand (still) why the dogged determination to deny what was readily apparent to anyone else. But to each his own.

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Be honest with yourself and ask...What does a 32 year old player do for a non contender?

School our consensus lottery pick PF, and 11 straight years in the playoffs. But other than that, keep us from a needed lottery pick.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So wait,  I predicted 3 years $75 Mil and you predicted 4 years $152 Mil and you are claiming victory? Wow

Didn't you have an over/under bet at $25 per year or am I thinking of someone else?

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Guess we'll see next year in Denver.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Really? So a 32 year old give you the same luxury of time to bolster your roster as a 20 year old? Wow

The crappy 20 year old guys we get?   Absolutely. Non-contenders are non-contenders.  Now we have to endure yet another endless "rebuild."

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, AHF said:

Didn't you have an over/under bet at $25 per year or am I thinking of someone else?

Guess we'll see next year in Denver.

Dumb azz Denver GM did me in! :angry: Denver is officially on my hate list!

• Like 1