• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So where are all of those Nostadamus predicting a max deal for Sap now?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I think it just could've been a need for a veteran, blue collar leader around for all their young guys.

What did they accomplish though?  Where is that team going and will they even make the playoffs?  Sounds like Gallo is gone also.

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Pretty stupid sign by the Nuggets in my opinion.  Does this signing move the needle for them or were they just H-ll bent on spending money on a 32 year old to bring in more fans?

They got their home town kid ( player ) and by all accounts their fans are happy. Especially since it is really only a two year commitment with the team option. I am glad it worked out for Sap and Denver.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Pretty stupid sign by the Nuggets in my opinion.

30M per year for 2 years and an option for the third in Denver a bad deal?

-They add that contract in a cap filled with young players in rookie scale;

-They have signed the perfect on the court matchup with they're designed franchise player Jokic;

-They have added a fantastic veteran player with excellent work ethic and locker room experience, something always valuable;

-They did not jeopardize neither their long run flexibility (many of their rookie contracts will expire along with Sap's) nor their short run's (example, they can still let Gallo walk, sign and trade with Atlanta and add a 1-2 guard like Hill which is a perfect complement for their backcourt).

Sounds like a smart move for me.

• Like 1

I mean hey, some of us saw his market a waaaaays back

Pertinent part:

It's very simple.  In a single free agency summer that saw 2/3rds of the league all have more than $20 million in cap space with half of those having $30 million or greater you couldn't argue some role player making $70 million and if you couldn't argue a role player making $70 million then you couldn't argue a 3rd or 2nd tier star making the Max. 

This already will no longer be the case starting just this summer, the lower cap spike and the salaries inked the previous summer have already shrunk the market for a player like Millsap.  The number of teams that could possibly max him have shrunk to a handful to speak nothing of when you start to include other factors such as location, winning situation, or even just them having a desire to sign Millsap.

non-pertinent part:

Horford was an opportunistic shyster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I mean hey, some of us saw his market a waaaaays back

Pertinent part:

non-pertinent part:

Horford was an opportunistic shyster.

Horford was right about this team, so how can you blame him.  You want him to go down with the ship and keep playing like the band on the titanic? Every player from that starting 5 of the 60 win team is in a way better situation than the Hawks right now. Hell even Dwight is in a good situation.

I'm watching huge movement of Stars and we can't capitalize because we are not prepared. I'm watching assets leave with nothing in return *Iverson voice* we sitting here talking bout the next lottery.  We talking about the lottery. We talking about the 2018 lottery. Yet I'm here getting sold hope with no assets.

4 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Horford was right about this team, so how can you blame him.  You want him to go down with the ship and keep playing like the band on the titanic?

Really?  Yet Horford would have happily gone down with that Titanic with 30 bags of gold and a safe tied to his body.

21 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They got their home town kid ( player ) and by all accounts their fans are happy. Especially since it is really only a two year commitment with the team option. I am glad it worked out for Sap and Denver.

Yeah he's an upgrade at the PF position. He'll probably be even better in DEN since he'll be in his natural position, 3rd option, behind Jokic and Murray.