• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks reportedly interested in Heat FA center Willie Reed

Admin

He's just a low minute starter. If you don't have a KAT, Embiid, Boogie, Marc Gasol, etc. it probably isn't worth investing much into the C spot these days. Get someone sound on defense that knows their role.

Edited by DBac
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So a cheaper, younger version of last year's Dwight?

Key as to whether that can work may depend on mobility on the PnR.  Anyone know if he moves there?

Strange I just posted him as a good target on other post and minutes after that this post pops up, jejeje. 

This would be a great signing but I really doubt we are able to sign him, would be a perfect signing for us a good compliment for Collins, a step in the right direction. Dedmon, Ollynik, Len, Alan Williams, Zeller.... there are still some good and young C out there. Reed would be probably best quality/price ratio. Really a productive player when given the minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

If he performed at a high level, he would have already been taken.

You're right, the high level guys have been taken and signed to high level contracts.  I don't think this guy is going to be a huge impact but he can be a good contract for another team in need down the line.

I see what Schlenk is doing.  He's looking for contracts that he can later trade to a playoff team looking to get over the proverbial "hump" to fill a need.  In turn, we'll receive draft picks we can use to build our team.  The idea makes sense, I just hope it doesn't deter guys from coming here in the first place.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It makes sense to try to ID the next Jae Crowder, DMC, etc. type contracts.  This guy seems promising.  Especially love the defensive numbers for Miami being better when he was on the floor than when Whiteside was.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So a cheaper, younger version of last year's Dwight?

Which I actually think Collins will be by the way. That and more upside than we can get from a Dwight at this time in his career.

whatever just make an offer. tell him he will be a starter and lets hurry up and win our 25 games and hit this lottery. This player and the next upcoming seasons will not be exciting 

• Like 2