• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

11 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Good Lord! If this kid can play as well as his highlight video... We got a HUGE steel here! :praying:

If he can shoot the 3 like that and rebound, he will at least be able to contribute.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Everybody didn't hate the Shelden pick at the time ?

Not that anyone loved the pick as I recall, but that no other player was seen as an alternative... and as it turned out, we were right about that... one of the crappiest drafts ever.

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Because all of these worderful prizes don't compare to a 4-time all-star who wanted to be in the ATL.

Wanted to be here SO bad he opted out of the contract we had him signed for this year ;)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, phoostal said:

Didn't you like the pick?  From what I recall please tell me I'm wrong lol

I thought that compared to what was available, he was the best fit for us.  We needed a PF/C.  Not Roy or Foye who were the ones who were discussed at the time.  BK suggested that one of the candidates that we looked at (Roy) had an injury that was chronic (knee) and was too big of a risk.. So what's left??  The pick was the best need pick at the time. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry, but there were a lot of folks 100% on board with BK's Picks when he made them.  This revisionist History is needless. 

Shellhead? lol

58 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I thought that compared to what was available, he was the best fit for us.  We needed a PF/C.  Not Roy or Foye who were the ones who were discussed at the time.  BK suggested that one of the candidates that we looked at (Roy) had an injury that was chronic (knee) and was too big of a risk.. So what's left??  The pick was the best need pick at the time. 

We just drafted Smoove AND Marvin. We needed a True Center or a PG that year. Sheldon was 6-9 with alligator arms and a senior with no upside. The fact we were so content with him before the draft even started was so annoying as a fan when we all knew we could do better than that

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We just drafted Smoove AND Marvin. We needed a True Center or a PG that year. Sheldon was 6-9 with alligator arms and a senior with no upside. The fact we were so content with him before the draft even started was so annoying as a fan when we all knew we could do better than that

Yeah, I remember hearing that the Hawks had promised him early that they would take them and many people were wondering why.

• Like 1

For all of you thinking the Crawford deal is an easy waive.

Sam Amick‏: One step at a time on the Jamal Crawford front, as I’m told Hawks won’t do buyout unless he gives a lot back. There’s $17.2 mil left on deal

Buyout, Jamal Crawford, Atlanta Hawks

The actual amount left on the deal is 17.2 million. They would be on the hook for all unless they can get him to agree to a substantial reduction. Yes they would most likely stretch it.  FYI, Crawford spokespeople are saying he is open to playing in Atlanta next season.  Lakers front runner if he is waived.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Sheldon was by far the worst pick during that loftery run. I would have loved 4 years of a healthy Brandon Roy instead. Honestly, anything but Sheldon would have been fine...

• Premium Member

So... devil's advocate, @thecampster...

If I'm the Clips, why wouldn't I see if LAL would be willing to do the deal for less than ATL is willing? LAL appears to have the space.

Only reason I see is if LAL prefers to see him bought out so they can try to get him at a salary discount... though, too, that's not a bad reason.

Then again, that probably means if LAL is interested in bringing Crawford over, it likely won't be via trade with the Hawks since they likely could strike a better deal with LAC.... right?

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Shit !!! Aldridge just said on NBA tv that we didn't get the pick! Im not sure if he's sure about that or not.

If this is the case should have let milsap walk, without taking back a guy that doesn't want to be here and wants a buy out