• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

Hawks are trading a second round pick!  Hold the presses!!!  Draft picks are a must have at all costs.

We get a 1st round pick and a developmental big, someone who can body up with Collins in practice. Oh and we get cash considerations... BUT we also have leverage on JCrossover and with several teams who are interested in him I'm hoping we can parlay him into another 1st or young player even if we have to take on an expiring contract. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Hawks are trading a second round pick!  Hold the presses!!!  Draft picks are a must have at all costs.

So the Hawks GET a 1st round pick plus the 40th overall pick from last years draft, who's shown some potential, and you focus on the Hawks giving away a 2019 2nd round pick from the Wizards? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

So the Hawks GET a 1st round pick plus the 40th overall pick from last years draft, who's shown some potential, and you focus on the Hawks giving away a 2019 2nd round pick from the Wizards? 

I am making fun of the people who go crazy over having all these super important draft picks.  Amazing the Hawks were able to part with one.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I am making fun of the people who go crazy over having all these super important draft picks.  Amazing the Hawks were able to part with one.  

I understand that but they're talking about lottery and 1st round picks, not some distant 2nd rounder from the Whiz. Just seems like an unecessary jab considering this is actually a pretty decent return on a guy we could have lost for nothing. A lot will depend on what we can get for Crawford, if anything, but still a 1st round trade chip and a decent prospect big are certainly better than nothign.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

With Craw, his contract next year will be really valuable.  No way we should stretch him.  Either keep him as an asset next year or ship him for value now.

We keep him and 1 of 2 things happen. Either he comes in and is miserable, complains to the media, and pollutes the team vibe. Or he comes over with an awesome attitude, being paid extremely well for an AARP member, and he does his best Bob Sura impersonation and makes us win a few more games than we would have without him. 

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm fine letting him get "injured" and sitting for several months.  His contract next year lets a team clear over 10M in cap space.  That is real value with the cap no longer blossoming and people have stupidly tied up large contracts in so many losers last year.

Trade him now for value but absolutely don't buy him out.

Trade him for literally anything besides a worse contract and I'm happy. The rumor is that he'd like to be a Laker. Just give us a second rounder and have that be that.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm fine letting him get "injured" and sitting for several months.  His contract next year lets a team clear over 10M in cap space.  That is real value with the cap no longer blossoming and people have stupidly tied up large contracts in so many losers last year.

I agree with not buying him out. If a team wants him bad enough then let them pony up. The problem is that his salary is so large this year that we may have to take back someone we don't want in order to get something we do want. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

This right here. I laughed when I saw he wanted an immediate  buyout. Uh...no? Your contract has value and you have value. Why the living hell would the Hawks just buy him out? Naw bro. They need to trade him. Our cupboard is as bare as anything in the NBA. We need every possible pick or young guy we can get our hands on.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not taking bad a Plumlee deal for Crawford. Again, he could allow some team to clear >10M in space next year.  That will have significant value so the deal now doesn't have to be as good as it will be then but has to add real value.

• Like 2

Just now, CP61 said:

Trade him for literally anything besides a worse contract and I'm happy. The rumor is that he'd like to be a Laker. Just give us a second rounder and have that be that.

I don't believe the Lakers have the cap room to take on Crawford's 14 million dollar salary. 

Just now, AHF said:

I'm not taking bad a Plumlee deal for Crawford. Again, he could allow some team to clear >10M in space next year.  That will have significant value so the deal now doesn't have to be as good as it will be then but has to add real value.

I imagine there's a very limited pool of teams which we could trade him to this year. I'm not sure the Hawks will be willing to add another negative PR situation to this offseason if we force Crawford to play for us next year. 

28 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't believe the Lakers have the cap room to take on Crawford's 14 million dollar salary. 

From maybe understanding, they have $17 million in space. They should be looking to get rid of Clarkson too with his $11 million a year.