• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

40 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Didn't Bazemore have a bigger offer from them? I'd definitely do that trade, but how would Deng feel about coming here?

You are correct CP he took less to stay here not much but less.  They offered 4 yrs 72 and he took 4 yrs 70 from us.   Then took out a full page Ad thanking us for supporting him lol.   You know he's a good dude really i almost want to give him 1 more year just to see which season was the real him.  If he plays like his 1st season again he's a really solid player and becomes a more valuable trade piece next year with less years on the contract and more value.   Were not winning anything this year so why not give it a chance instead of taking a loss in value now.

Edited by falconfan13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CP61 said:

Didn't Bazemore have a bigger offer from them? I'd definitely do that trade, but how would Deng feel about coming here?

Shit the owners and GM are different now and the situation was basically handled. Deng should be fine.

then again deng contract has too much money on it remaining especially for someone well out of his prime 

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/luol-deng-2240/

his contract makes it hard to trade him so I say no even though I like the idea of getting Jordan Clarkson this deal doesn't allow us to stay flexible.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

We keep him and 1 of 2 things happen. Either he comes in and is miserable, complains to the media, and pollutes the team vibe. Or he comes over with an awesome attitude, being paid extremely well for an AARP member, and he does his best Bob Sura impersonation and makes us win a few more games than we would have without him. 

That's a lose-lose proposition in my book. Just saying.

• Moderators

Deng is more toxic than Baze. That says something.

Has Craw ever been a locker room problem?  I get the risk of a few extra games but don't a big risk of polluting the team esp if we keep shipping him and letting his agent shop him.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Deng is more toxic than Baze. That says something.

Has Craw ever been a locker room problem?  I get the risk of a few extra games but don't a big risk of polluting the team esp if we keep shipping him and letting his agent shop him.

If my recollection is good, which it often times isn't, Crawford wasn't interested in coming here the 1st time. He's been a pain to teams in his younger years but I don't believe that's been the case since he got to Atlanta. The one thing I can say for sure is that he's very intelligent and he loves to play the game of basketball. He'd probably show up and do his job but he has a huge influence on the players in the league and forcing him to play for a team like this Hawks team this late in his career wouldn't be a good look for us. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

forcing him to play for a team like this Hawks team this late in his career wouldn't be a good look for us. 

Wouldn't hurt my head.  He is available to every team out there but we aren't going to take it just to unload him.  Call us with your offers.

I think we'd look worse just buying him out or unloading him for zero (or negative) value just to unload him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Kinda sorta related, I wonder if Denver still wants to keep Mason Plumlee? Not sure why they would, so I'd put together an offer for him.

He worked very well with Jokic. I'd like him in Atlanta, he's so much better than his brother.

• Like 1