• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

16 minutes ago, sturt said:

it's a misnomer really to characterize this as "getting something out of Sap." We're getting something out of cap room that we have as a consequence of Sap leaving us, which he would be doing regardless.

And how do you suppose we would take back on all that salary without sending any back? For all we know, this was all part of the original conversation between Hawks, nuggets and Sap. The fact that we are already getting a first round pick for an UFA is a huge win for Schlenk. Don't be such a Debbie downer man... 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Toronto needs bench scoring. They want to get rid of DMC (JYD). They are in win now mode. Clippers wouldn't be able to take on Carroll's salary. What's to be confused about? 

Um. Like I said... the first round pick.

If we can pull in a young c to try and develop and a 1st? I'd be happy. I'd Barton and I'm thrilled. 

Also we worked out stone last year for the draft. Hopefully this means bud saw something he liked. 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, DS5 said:

And how do you suppose we would take back on all that salary without sending any back? For all we know, this was all part of the original conversation between Hawks, nuggets and Sap. The fact that we are already getting a first round pick for an UFA is a huge win for Schlenk. Don't be such a Debbie downer man... 

hehe... "downer???".... there is absolutely nothing downer or upper about it.... it's not a matter of any emotion, but just the facts of the matter. If you've looked at our payroll sheet, you understand, just by virtue of Sap opting out (which he already did, right???), we have more than enough room to accommodate the cap space rental.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, DS5 said:

There were reports that the raptors were willing to give up a first for a team willing to take on DMC. 

Right.

But that's not what you're proposing.

They were supposedly interested in renting out someone's cap space (ie, give up a first for a team willing to take on DMC).

Rather, what you're proposing is, not only give up a first, but to accept in return someone else's salary dump.

GMs like the one on TOR aren't stupid.... in fact, again, if anyone was stupid enough to give up a 1st for Crawford, pretty sure LAC would have already found the fool.

No, if you want to exchange DMC for Crawford, salary dump for salary dump, then they might listen to that. But since they're taking back salary, rationally, they're not going to be willing to give up a 1st too.

Carroll has been awful for them, whereas Crawford can give them the bench scoring they need. Anyway, I doubt that will happen, most likely scenario is a buyout, I get it, especially since Crawford has already stated he doesn't want to play here leaving us with little to no leverage. 

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Right.

They were supposedly interested in renting out someone's cap space (ie, give up a first for a team willing to take on DMC).

Rather, what you're proposing is, not only give up a first, but to accept in return someone else's salary dump.

GMs like the one on TOR aren't stupid.... in fact, again, if anyone was stupid enough to give up a 1st for Crawford, pretty sure LAC would have already found the fool.

No, if you want to exchange DMC for Crawford, salary dump for salary dump, then they might listen to that. But since they're taking back salary, rationally, they're not going to be willing to give up a 1st too.

• Premium Member

Just read on Hoops Rumors that we may be sending DEN a 2nd rounder in the mix.

Was also noted that LAC has some other assets they just received from HOU that could come into play, though I'm not sure whether LAC can actually trade any of the former Rockets they just received since that trade by definition had to go down before July 1--my understanding anyway (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that they now can't be flipped until 6 weeks into the season.

8 hours ago, sturt said:

Didn't know this guy other than recalling seeing him picked in last year's draft, and thinking "that's one unique name."

Sounds like a dancer's name at Magic City.

DJ:  Coming to the stage . . . the "Queen of Bling" . . Miss Diamond Stone.   

Then she does her pole dance set to this . .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

Diamond's garbage. The kid plays with a nonchalant attitude. Check his 1 on 1 practice with Chris Paul.

Interesting! I'm surely not going to act like I've watched the kid a ton but at the same time I can't see how the term garbage can be used against a 20 year old whose barely played in the NBA so far in his career.

and looking at the 1 on 1 with cp3 I just see a young big man that need to continue to work on his game overall. Just because he needs more development doesn't mean he's garbage. It just means he's raw. 

So far on looking up some things about stone. There's some stuff I already like about him and I believe he'd be a good prospect big to keep around to develop. I watched a d league game and I like he has the ability to stretch the floor especially and hit a 3 at his legit center size being 6'11 & 255 pounds. It's nice to see that he doesn't have a broken shot just need to continue to work on his range. He doesn't lack strength either and I believe that's obvious just by watching any of his games. 

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Right.

If Craw can be cut for $3 that gets them relief from 80% of DMC.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just read on Hoops Rumors that we may be sending DEN a 2nd rounder in the mix.

Was also noted that LAC has some other assets they just received from HOU that could come into play, though I'm not sure whether LAC can actually trade any of the former Rockets they just received since that trade by definition had to go down before July 1--my understanding anyway (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that they now can't be flipped until 6 weeks into the season.

Each player can absolutely be traded immediately, they just can't be aggregated in a single trade together.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We were supposed to get something for a 4 time All-Star.  It would be criminal if he didn't get something for him.  That's why people were pissed 24 hours ago.

The last time we were guaranteed anything was at the trade deadline.  Be pissed at Budcox.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We were supposed to get something for a 4 time All-Star.  It would be criminal if he didn't get something for him.  That's why people were pissed 24 hours ago.

The colonel didn't put Atlanta in this position though. BudCox did.  SnT's arent as prevalent anymore so this is at least plausible and decent for the new GM. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Sounds like a dancer's name at Magic City.

DJ:  Coming to the stage . . . the "Queen of Bling" . . Miss Diamond Stone.   

Then she does her pole dance set to this . .

Gotta believe this guy is tough... for the same reasons this guy sang about...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Geez. Stop already. Please. There's still more than a fleeting chance that what we come out of this with is cap space to use on other players, none of which we were constrained to take just so some people--ie, who don't get the idea that cap room itself is a commodity (hence the reason teams trade for it all the time, just as LAC is doing here... !!!... )--an have some solace. Even if the SnT doesn't go down, there's something in this for us.

6 hours ago, CP61 said:

That's some fine GM work to lose a guy who was leaving anyway and turn him into 2 first round picks and a 20 year old player. Shoot, what the Hawks have now is already some fine work by Schlenk. 

His decision to tank the roster to the bottom is a red mark, and really nothing he does will off set this decision.

• Like 1

Understand who the real target is in this potential deal.  It's definitely not Jamal  . . . ( thank you Jesus for not making me root for him again ).   And while a late 1st round pick would be nice, that's not the target either.

The target is definitely Stone.

High energy young big, that can rebound, be somewhat of a rim protector, and has offensive versatility to his game.

In 13 D-League games, he averaged 16 ppg - 7 rebs - 1 blk.  That sounds OK . . until you see that he did all of that in just 22 minutes a game.   And for a guy who didn't take a single 3 pointer while he was an 18 year old in college, he made 10 of 27 threes in the D-League last season.  

So at least from an offensive standpoint, this is a guy who is an intriguing prospect that could one day serve as the primary reserve center on the team.  He likes to score when he gets the ball, and has shown the versatility to score in many ways.

His big negatives right now, is that he's a hatchet man . . . like Friday the 13th Jason-like hatchet man.   And he's a turnover machine, mainly because once the ball goes into him, it's not coming back out.  ( That's also the fear/concern with John Collins, by the way . . although Collins turnover rate is far lower ).

At the very least, Stone may be a guy that we can showcase in Erie, before he makes his Hawks debut later this year ( if tank season is in full effect ).

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1