Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

My suspicion is that Schlenk might be prizing the idea of having the ammunition to trade into a top 5 pick at some point, and every additional 1st you can get just makes it that much more plausible that that situation could evolve.

No need to trade into the top 5 when you are destined to be picking there anyway.  Unless you mean trying to move acquired picks and have two top five spots.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Alex said:

No need to trade into the top 5 when you are destined to be picking there anyway.  Unless you mean trying to move acquired picks and have two top five spots.

Um.

Tell me, even if we accept your premise...

Who doesn't  enjoy the idea of getting not one but two top 5 picks???

Now c'mon. We all know this, you included... more high draft picks, more opportunity to acquire cheap talent with the highest ceilings. There's never anything automatic about this process. Luck matters more than anyone wishes it would. But while increased capacity for success doesn't equal success necessarily, it does raise the odds. And we all like better odds. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have no idea who he will draft but time will tell.

Not yet. And did our current GM ever drafted at all for you guys to believe he's going to find the next Steph or LeBron?

4 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

A Marvin, then an Acie, and if we get really lucky we could have a Shelden as well.

Sounds good, eh?

Let's be fair..Billy Knight had a TERRIBLE run at the draft with his obsession of 6'8-ish players. Any one of us could've drafted better over that span.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Um.

Now c'mon. We all know this, you included... more high draft picks, more opportunity to acquire cheap talent with the highest ceilings. There's never anything automatic about this process. Luck matters more than anyone wishes it would. But while increased capacity for success doesn't equal success necessarily, it does raise the odds. And we all like better odds. 

I, for one, enjoy cheering for good teams to win, and not bad teams to lose. A god team has "better odds" at winning a championship than a bad one, right?

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Um.

Of course I would welcome that.  There may not be a team more devoid of talent than the Hawks and they need to be picking at or near the top in order to change that.  

I am pro tank and have been for a long time.  If Slinky would just be a little more forthcoming I think he would be catching a lot less flack. 

1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Not yet. And did our current GM ever drafted at all for you guys to believe he's going to find the next Steph or LeBron?

Yeah...

He was part of a team that drafted Steph. So far he drafted John Collins who, I believe, will be a very very good NBA player. He might not be, but from what I have seen from him, I think he will be. Harping on the negative just because bad things have happened before is a miserable existence .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Yeah...

Well he worked in Golden State and they are a great team so he must have had a huge role in their success...

I also heard their Budweiser beer vendor is really good too.  Maybe we should hire him to role he's unqualified for?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I, for one, enjoy cheering for good teams to win, and not bad teams to lose. A god team has "better odds" at winning a championship than a bad one, right?

Actually no. Who has a better chance of winning a championship (even if we kept Sap and Howard) us or Philly ? Us or Minnesota?

• Premium Member
Just now, CP61 said:

He was part of a team that drafted Steph. So far he drafted John Collins who, I believe, will be a very very good NBA player. He might not be, but from what I have seen from him, I think he will be. Harping on the negative just because bad things have happened before is a miserable existence .

I liked the pick, but John Coliins might as well be a no D bum. I guess the Hawks should hire the Warriors' janitor and cheerleaders as well. I'm sure they had everything to do with the drafting of Steph.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

getting a late first and a NBADL "stud" (it is what it is, folks!)

Why gloat as-if one knows things one can't know?

One can't know where in the first round that pick would fall. Can't. Can't even predict it better than can predict that CLE pick for Korver. There is a very strong argument, in fact, that what HOU has done is essentially destined themselves for some harsh consequences if this experiment they've pursued fails as it very well could.

And save me the conclusive statements as-if one can know what to expect from a 20 year-old player. In fact, GSW during Schlenk's tenure there seemed to have a better handle on talent assessment than their competition, so I put nothing past Schlenk on that front. True, Stone is only a 2nd rounder, and it is, indeed, what it is. He's not a 1st. He's not a d-league veteran who's hit his ceiling. He's not a d-league rookie who looked like a dud. He's something in-between. And I"m okay with that. Others also appear to be okay with that.

4 minutes ago, SCOTT said:

We need assets and cap space to rebuild this team.

So we need to tank.

I think some if you aren't happy unless you are miserable about everything. Good grief. 

24 hours ago y'all were complaining the GM didn't get anything for Sap and now he gets a first, a young center, and whatever he flips Jam for and y'all are still whining. Ridiculous.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Actually no. Who has a better chance of winning a championship (even if we kept Sap and Howard) us or Philly ? Us or Minnesota?

I would say all three teams would have had the same chance to win a title.  Zero.  This is true for 95% of the league anyway.