Sap-Related 3 way Sign-and-trade OFFICIAL (Updated)

GrimeyKidd

Just now, Alex said:

I would say all three teams would have had the same chance to win a title.  Zero.  This is true for 95% of the league anyway.  

Fair enough. If Vegas was taking bets on these 3 teams winning a championship in the next 3 years, do you think Vegas would feel Philly and Minnesota would have better odds ?

Just now, BrazilianHawk said:

We need to tank? But, but.. that's the one thing Schlenk has promised us he would not do!

No way we are tanking! Definitely not.

They most certainly are.  This is a stealth tank job.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think some if you aren't happy unless you are miserable about everything. Good grief. 

24 hours ago y'all were complaining the GM didn't get anything for Sap and now he gets a first, a young center, and whatever he flips Jam for and y'all are still whining. Ridiculous.

Because all of these worderful prizes don't compare to a 4-time all-star who wanted to be in the ATL.

• Like 1

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Fair enough. If Vegas was taking bets on these 3 teams winning a championship in the next 3 years, do you think Vegas would feel Philly and Minnesota would have better odds ?

If Howard and Millsap were still here?  I think it would be Minny, Philly, and Atlanta in that order.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I, for one, enjoy cheering for good teams to win, and not bad teams to lose. A god team has "better odds" at winning a championship than a bad one, right?

You zoomed out, when I was actually making a more zoomed-in point.

The theory proposed that Schlenk is all about adding 1sts in order to give himself some assets to vault up to get some player he really really covets at some point.

In doing that, he doesn't actually have to have the bottom-of-the-tank vision that some say they believe that he secretly has.

A good team has better odds at winning a championship in one specific year, yes... but not necessarily so in the longer term. Indeed, by the admission of several here, even though they argue against any form of rebuilding, a bad team today can actually have a better long-term likelihood of winning a championship than some who are good today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Because all of these worderful prizes don't compare to a 4-time all-star who wanted to be in the ATL.

Then blame BudCox for not trading him. The GM inherited this situation and Paul, as much as I like him, is not on the right timeline for the Hawks. They need to tank rather than keep being good but not great. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

If Howard and Millsap were still here?  I think it would be Minny, Philly, and Atlanta in that order.

My original point in response to Brazilian is  even those "bad" teams have better odds of winning than our hypothetical "good" team.

Edited by EazyRoc

• Premium Member

Well they don't need to tank, actually. This franchise was never serious about winning a championship.

I'd much rather enjoy my team playing in the playoffs and losing than to lose a lot during the regular season.

Schlenk is a false prophet. Just wait and see.

Five years, at the very least. I bet the Hawks won't make the playoffs again until 2023, let alone a ECF or Finals appearance.

2 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Well they don't need to tank, actually. This franchise was never serious about winning a championship.

I'd much rather enjoy my team playing in the playoffs and losing than to lose a lot during the regular season.

Schlenk is a false prophet. Just wait and see.

Five years, at the very least. I bet the Hawks won't make the playoffs again until 2023, let alone a ECF or Finals appearance.

I guess it's a difference in philosophy. I'd rather have a team with a 3 year championship window than a 10 year playoff window.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SCOTT said:

We need assets and cap space to rebuild this team.

This.

Teams need assets during a rebuild and Schlenk is doing the right thing in acquiring them. More assets equals more options. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

I liked the pick, but John Coliins might as well be a no D bum. I guess the Hawks should hire the Warriors' janitor and cheerleaders as well. I'm sure they had everything to do with the drafting of Steph.

Schlenk actually helped pick players though. Even if Collins is a no D bum. He can still be a more athletic Enes Kanter which makes him a top end 6th man. 

7 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Looks like Crawford is open to playing here now - he wants a buyout were not having it. - According to Daldridge

Well yeah because he wants his full money that he is owed.