• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Market set for THJ?

Wurider05

12 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Better player?  Waiters has him in every stat.  Waiters average 4.3 asst a game and more rebounds.  I dont like Waiters because of his attitude but he is better than Timny.  

Waiters is very inefficient compared to THJ. I believe you're giving waiters too many props as he chunks up shots like he's the third coming of Kobe or Jordan type. 

THJ use to be like that before bud got a hold of him.

anyways 12-14m for THJ is a great deal.

21 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Better player?  Waiters has him in every stat.  Waiters average 4.3 asst a game and more rebounds.  I dont like Waiters because of his attitude but he is better than Timny.  

Dion Waters = 0.057 WS/48, -0.9 BPM, 0.4 VORP

Tim Hardaway Jr = 0.107 WS/48, -0.3 BPM, 0.9 VORP

It's close, but Hardaway bets Waiters in advanced stats.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Agreed....Timmy improved both offensively and defensively the last 2 years and it would be a shame to let him get away. He is a worker and there isn't enough of that in the NBA these days.

Exactly, we should reward hard work and his ability to show improvement.....The market is set 4yr/50 - 55mil is the range.  Let's see if we resign him. 

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Roberson just signed for 10 per year ... I expect THJ to do the same ... somewhere between 10 - 12

We get back THJ and I'm happy this offseason. I will gladly give Schlenk an "A+" for his first off season as the Hawks GM 

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

We get back THJ and I'm happy this offseason. I will gladly give Schlenk an "A+" for his first off season as the Hawks GM 

That's waaaaaay too generous. He's made a lot of mistakes this offseason. Even if he fields us a good bit of young talent the only thing he's done is lose Millsap and Howard while gaining a very late 1st round pick from the Rockets. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

That's waaaaaay too generous. He's made a lot of mistakes this offseason. Even if he fields us a good bit of young talent the only thing he's done is lose Millsap and Howard while gaining a very late 1st round pick from the Rockets. 

....and depending upon what he can get in a trade for Jamal Crawford or a buyout, it looks like Travis has lost some of the flexibility he claims he wants to maintain by taking on Crawford's deal just to get Houston's pick.  

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/7/5/15926252/atlanta-hawks-salary-cap-update-jamal-crawford-paul-millsap

Atlanta still needs to clear an additional -$10,362,347 in salaries or cap holds for the Crawford trade to work out. Which leaves us to the obvious conclusion: Atlanta must renounce 1) Ersan Ilyasova or 2) Kris Humphries and Thabo Sefolosha. While renouncing these free agents cap hold does not necessarily mean that Atlanta can no longer work out a sign and trade with these players, it does severely limit Atlanta’s ability to do so.

Renouncing a player is a way for a team to expunge a free agent’s cap hold from the teams cap sheet. At the same time, it also takes away a team’s right over said player (Bird, Early Bird, and Non-Bird rights) to be able to exceed the salary cap in signing the player. At least one Atlanta free agent will lose a form of their Bird rights, which would limit their ability to gain their full market value.

22 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't think he deserves an A+ but I think to this point Schlenk has done what he set out to do. We clearly wanted Dwight off the team and we really didn't want to re-commit to Millsap either. 

I think he can get to an A if he gets off some of these awful contracts and gets some good system fits so that the young talent on the team can be properly evaluated.

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

....and depending upon what he can get in a trade for Jamal Crawford or a buyout, it looks like Travis has lost some of the flexibility he claims he wants to maintain by taking on Crawford's deal just to get Houston's pick.  

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/7/5/15926252/atlanta-hawks-salary-cap-update-jamal-crawford-paul-millsap

Remember Hawks Fanatic is still counting the trade exceptions.  Take a look at the cap over at spoctrac.  it paints a different picture.

The Hawks still have plenty of flexibility.

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, DBac said:

I don't think he deserves an A+ but I think to this point Schlenk has done what he set out to do. We clearly wanted Dwight off the team and we really didn't want to re-commit to Millsap either. 

I think he can get to an A if he gets off some of these awful contracts and gets some good system fits so that the young talent on the team can be properly evaluated.

It's not too late to get it up to a B+ but between the ugly situations with how Dwight and Millsap were handled, whether true or not, created negative press for the Hawks and that sort of stuff isn't quickly forgotten around the league. 

Then because of the Millsap trade, we have to renounce ALL of our trade exceptions, renounce our mid-level and bi-annual exceptions, renounce the rights to Illy OR Humphries and Sefolosha. We can also not sign Dorsey to a 3 year contract, so we'd only have his early bird rights. Apparently the only advantage to us losing ALL of that is that we can package Crawford with someone else on the roster right now. According to Hawksfanatic we don't know if the Hawks made the Dwight trade using our cap space or if we generated a trade exception with it. If we generated a trade exception then Plumlee and Belli are not eligible to be traded until August 20th, which means we're not combining either of them with Crawford to get a big time contract in return. 

Still think he deserves a high grade for this offseason? 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Remember Hawks Fanatic is still counting the trade exceptions.  Take a look at the cap over at spoctrac.  it paints a different picture.

The Hawks still have plenty of flexibility.

Spotrac is not even remotely as much of an authority on the Hawks cap compared to Hawksfanatic. He's not above making mistakes but I can probably count on 1 hand the number of mistakes he's had with regard to our cap situation.