• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I'm sure we're interested in every FA...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm sure Schlenk is burning up the phone lines calling about this FA and that one.

However, I have  a strong feeling that he's just putting up a front.   At the end of the day, we will not go after any particular FA.  Schlenk likes the tank team we have and I can imagine that he will add a few more D-League players to the roster and call it done... and he will talk about how hard he worked to try to sign a FA for us.

Image result for Fake working gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm doubling down here.

Stone, Plumlee, Prince, Belli, Baze, Dennis, Moose.   We are putting together a 12 win team.  There is so much dysfunction on this team that it will be painful to watch them play.  This is the 76er route to greatness.  Buckle up and get ready.

Can I say 76ers South??

• Like 1

If we're tanking, then I'm all for it.  Wallowing in mediocrity is not a path to championships.  But with a shot at some blue chip talent in the draft, we may actually build a foundation to have a championship level team.   It's insane to just overpay mediocre players to be a first round playoff exit team again.  

5 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

If we're tanking, then I'm all for it.  Wallowing in mediocrity is not a path to championships.  But with a shot at some blue chip talent in the draft, we may actually build a foundation to have a championship level team.   It's insane to just overpay mediocre players to be a first round playoff exit team again.  

Review this post in 4 years . .. when we're offering some mid-level starter a 4 year - 139 million dollar deal, because our talent didn't develop into anything.

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm doubling down here.

Stone, Plumlee, Prince, Belli, Baze, Dennis, Moose.   We are putting together a 12 win team.  There is so much dysfunction on this team that it will be painful to watch them play.  This is the 76er route to greatness.  Buckle up and get ready.

Can I say 76ers South??

Dysfunction?  If you equating a 10 -20 win team with dysfunction then I see you're point.  But I don't define dysfunction that way.  I think you can be a young team lacking the talent to win but still be functional.  Seriously, the sour grapes over the new gm is causing a lot of squawkers to sound very whiney and emotionally hellbent on being negative. Get on board or find another team if you're so disgusted.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Review this post in 4 years . .. when we're offering some mid-level starter a 4 year - 139 million dollar deal, because our talent didn't develop into anything.

Show me your crystal ball into the future to be so sure it's going to fail and I'll entertain your notion.  I'll withhold judgment on how it's going to turn out until it does either way.  It still doesn't mean trying to get better through the draft is a bad idea.  It's just another means to become better than mediocre and it's probably our best shot seeing as we're not a franchise that attracts big time free agents.