• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My worst fear has come true (The Moose is Back!)

Peoriabird

So Moose averaged a little less than two three point attempts per regular season games last season but I'm expecting three or four times that many this year with what will be available on the court for us at the season's start. Probably five or more per. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2490089/mike-muscala

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Wow, that's much cheaper than I thought he'd go.  An easily movable contract at the deadline or next year (if he opts in), too.

Movable??? To the D league?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

In a trade.  To another team in the National Basketball Association.  Heard of it?

Oh that's right...Cleveland for a 1st rou nd pick right?  They always need 3 point shooting. Lord have mercy these Atlanta fans...Got to love em.

• Premium Member

I was worried too until I saw the terms, good deal for us. It's a little high but I'm still getting used to the current going rate of NBA players. I was a little scared to open this and see 4 years 34 million or something.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Lol at the Hawks roster.  Schlenk is clowning and needs to get his head examined if he thinks this team is competing until the last month of the season.  I don't know when the first game is, but this squad isn't competing after October.

It's PR speak, the roster does the talking. The NBA doesn't want any teams admitting to tanking, already had a lower than expected cap because the playoffs were so quick this year.

3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Damn we're bringing a set of butter knives to a gun fight! Moose and Plumlee as the starting frontcourt? At least they'll be able to sneak their weapons into the arena... 

Lol. At this price though I'm not going to complain. I still would have rather taken a flyer on Ben McLemore.

• Like 1

Just saw this pic on P-hoops. So what do you guys think, are these the arms of an NBA center or power forward? Almost looks sickly there. Moose has had a little less than four full years to do something with them while being a Hawk. They do have a weight room pretty sure.

Moose.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
That's a cheap deal for this day and age. I'm wondering though about Moose at center. If JohnCo ain't quite ready, is Moose actually the starting PF on our tank squad?

~lw3

I'd like him better at PF than C. It's like we're reliving the 9 seasons with Horford. The NBA undervalues the center position opting for the stretch 5 yet the last 5 NBA champion squads had centers that rebounded the ball and got second-chance points. The 5 may not be a focal point in the offense anymore, but rebounding is still very important.

• Like 3