• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer league gm 1

Dnice

Outside the top 3 players on this SL roster, the rest are trash. Once Collins develops his mid range game, he'll be an all star caliber player. His free throws look fluid, just a matter confidence. 

Bembry has all the tools to be the teams future 2 guard. I love everything about his game except his jump shot. The problem I see so far is it's all elbow with no snap from the wrist. He probably has zero touch upon release from his fingers. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

But to be a part of an organization who prides itself on precision ball movement, it was very disappointing...And like I pointed out, you never see a drive and dish..A big flaw in Bud's system.

Now c'mon. Be fair.

You have TWO players on that roster who have any extensive experience playing in the system. And by anyone's description, it's not a system you pick up quickly.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, GameTime said:

Collins could average a double double his 1st year.

Bud don't play rookies until the last months of the season.

That's the history, anyway.

Maybe that changes under this new environment? Bout to see.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Now c'mon. Be fair.

You have TWO players on that roster who have any extensive experience playing in the system. And by anyone's description, it's not a system you pick up quickly.

Even with the Vets, drive and dish to the big men has never been a big part of Bud's system.  He has always depended far too much on shooters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I doubt it 

Why do you say that?  His shot mechanics needs a lot of work and he needs to get a lot stronger.  His passing is really good, but their are going to be plenty of guys gunning for him just because of his dad's mouth.   If he loses confidence, it will make for a tough career.

1 hour ago, Kimsey said:

Outside the top 3 players on this SL roster, the rest are trash. Once Collins develops his mid range game, he'll be an all star caliber player. His free throws look fluid, just a matter confidence. 

Bembry has all the tools to be the teams future 2 guard. I love everything about his game except his jump shot. The problem I see so far is it's all elbow with no snap from the wrist. He probably has zero touch upon release from his fingers. 

His defense is off the charts, but the operative word in shooting guard is shooting.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Kimsey said:

I like how much they're letting Bembry handle the ball in SL, just like they did Patterson before him.

Isiah Thomas was taking jabs at Schlenk's team philosophy about wanting High Character guys, who were long and athletic.  He stated there are guys out there who are long and guys out there who are high character, but you left out the part of can they put the Ball in the Basket.  He asked the Young lady who was the sideline reporter whether she was a "High Character" player while at Stamford.  She said you had to be or the bus would leave with out you.  Zeke replied I'm pretty sure the Bus didn't leave without you because you could put the Ball in the Basket.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Isiah Thomas was taking jabs at Schlenk's team philosophy about wanting High Character guys, who were long and athletic.  He stated there are guys out there who are long and guys out there who are high character, but you left out the part of can they put the Ball in the Basket.  He asked the Young lady who was the sideline reporter whether she was a "High Character" player while at Stamford.  She said you had to be or the bus would leave with out you.  Zeke replied I'm pretty sure the Bus didn't leave without you because you could put the Ball in the Basket.

lol Isiah's philosophies are exactly why he's commentating and Schlenk's a gm.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

Why do you say that?  His shot mechanics needs a lot of work and he needs to get a lot stronger.  His passing is really good, but their are going to be plenty of guys gunning for him just because of his dad's mouth.   If he loses confidence, it will make for a tough career.

You think he's the only one that needs work..it's one game ..a summer league game at that . He has that same confidence as his dad so I highly doubt he lose confidence 

Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

You think he's the only one that needs work..it's one game ..a summer league game at that . He has that same confidence as his dad so I highly doubt he lose confidence 

I'm not basing this on summer league.  I watched him in college.  I'm not falling for the hype machine.  The guy is a really good passer, but his shot mechanics are terrible, so will it translate to the NBA?  His defense is terrible.  Check him out against De'aaron fox.  

The beginning of his career is going to be rough.  I'm not saying he won't correct these things, I'm just saying he needs a lot of work and if he happens to lose confidence he will probably end up being another Ricky Rubio at best.

So what you makes you think he's going to be so great, besides his passing ability?  

17 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I have said several times, Bembry is special, he should start this year, he knows how to score, he has great ball handling and passing, huge body and tempo control.... he lacks a jumpshot? Well many players lack that and play at a high level. We could have a starter here

I didn't see the first half of the game, but I remember a sequence in the second half where Bembry turned the ball over more than once.  Are you sure he has great ball handling and passing skills?

Edited by Watchman

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm not basing this on summer league.  I watched him in college.  I'm not falling for the hype machine.  The guy is a really good passer, but his shot mechanics are terrible, so will it translate to the NBA?  His defense is terrible.  Check him out against De'aaron fox.  

The beginning of his career is going to be rough.  I'm not saying he won't correct these things, I'm just saying he needs a lot of work and if he happens to lose confidence he will probably end up being another Ricky Rubio at best.

So what you makes you think he's going to be so great, besides his passing ability?  

His offensive capabilities/potential  as a scorer and as a rebounder ...kid can be a walking triple double ...do he need to work on his Defense...yeah def but I think that's gonna come with him actually wanting to work on that and putting in the work. I like what I saw tonight.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sturt said:

Bud don't play rookies until the last months of the season.

That's the history, anyway.

Maybe that changes under this new environment? Bout to see.

Don't look now, but he's the only power forward we have. That will change, but he's pretty much guaranteed good minutes. If nothing else, he's the best rebounder on the team by far from day 1.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, thecampster said:

So my major observation last night was on Collins during PnR opportunities. He kept trying and each time they went to him on the PnR, it was beast. He seems to already understand the early release on the PnR show and go play and is far too quick out of the PnR for most big men to handle rolling.  Unfortunately, our summer league team wasn't on his level. They ignored it too often on the second team (or had no idea what he was doing). First team was looking for their own shot working on things but the few times they actually ran it, he looked like a seasoned vet.  The kid is ready.

I am not too big to admit when I was wrong.  The Hawks hit a home run on Collins.

I hope Bud is forced to start him.

• Like 1

The Hawks are not going to be in her same ball handling pickle that we had in the playoffs. Both Bembry and Dorsey are solid ball handlers who know how to do all of the things necessary in the offense as the primary ball handler. I expect a lot more minutes for Delaney this year as wel. That should give us 4-5 guys (if MyJet) makes the team. 

Baze and Prince can take all the SF minutes. 

The frontcourt... well we have a very talented rookie and then not much else unless Plumlee is healthy and actually fits well in our system. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Hawks are not going to be in her same ball handling pickle that we had in the playoffs. Both Bembry and Dorsey are solid ball handlers who know how to do all of the things necessary in the offense as the primary ball handler. I expect a lot more minutes for Delaney this year as wel. That should give us 4-5 guys (if MyJet) makes the team. 

Baze and Prince can take all the SF minutes. 

The frontcourt... well we have a very talented rookie and then not much else unless Plumlee is healthy and actually fits well in our system. 

What about our Diamond in the rough?

• Like 2