• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer league gm 1

Dnice

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What about our Diamond in the rough?

Lol if he makes the big squad this year I will be surprised. But you never know as I haven't seen the guy play and sometimes guys are late bloomers. 

We need some Willie Reed! I would start him 30+ minutes day 1. Someone is going to steal this guy and I hope it's us. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Lol if he makes the big squad this year I will be surprised. But you never know as I haven't seen the guy play and sometimes guys are late bloomers. 

We need some Willie Reed! I would start him 30+ minutes day 1. Someone is going to steal this guy and I hope it's us. 

Late Bloomer?  He is younger than Alpha Kaba but no doubt Schlenk needs to sign Willie Reed

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

I didn't mean he's old I'm saying he hasn't shown much yet. And for being a bit remedial looking he's kind of a late bloomer for that. 

Did you see his highlights from the D-league?  Looks like he has a lot of skill already.  He even shoots 80% from the free throws.  Can't wait to see him in summer league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did you see his highlights from the D-league?  Looks like he has a lot of skill already.  He even shoots 80% from the free throws.  Can't wait to see him in summer league.

Yeah I saw some of them. I really want to see him against NBA players though. That's why I like Reed so much or even Dedmon because we know they can play at this level. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Yeah I saw some of them. I really want to see him against NBA players though. That's why I like Reed so much or even Dedmon because we know they can play at this level. 

I wouldn't mind Dedmon either.  I can't figure out what Schlenk is waiting on with Reed or Dedmon.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I wouldn't mind Dedmon either.  I can't figure out what Schlenk is waiting on with Reed or Dedmon.

Could have left it at ...waiting on... with Schlenk but I'm feeling the same way. Maybe he sees a lot more in Moose Knuckles or Plumlee or even Stone than we know. Why wait though we have plenty of room on the roster and more than enough cap space to get both of these guys. Wrap these guys up and I would actually be looking forward to watching that team grow. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, CP61 said:

Don't look now, but he's the only power forward we have. That will change, but he's pretty much guaranteed good minutes. If nothing else, he's the best rebounder on the team by far from day 1.

Indeed, that will change.

I don't believe the decision will be a competitive one--and by that I mean, I don't think he will be getting minutes based on the degree to which he is thought to be helpful to winning games. So, that he's the best rebounder (or not) won't matter to playing time.

That Prince was kept on such a tight leash for half the season told me all I need to know about how Bud thinks about playing rookies when winning now is the priority.

Rather, it will be a philosophical decision. Now that winning now is not the priority, what's better for the player's development (?)... throw him out there and see if he can swim, or does the measured approach still rule the day, conscious to not give him too much at one time.

Dunno.

• Premium Member

You guys imo need to be looking at these free agents' ages if you're thinking in terms of any of them helping us when we resurface. I possibly don't mind a 1 or 2  year contract, no 3 or 4 year contracts for guys who are 28 years old, please.

And, one more thing, if fivethirtyeight's projections are given any weight, the best big left on the market isn't Noel, but rather, this guy...

2017-07-09_1215.png

That comment a while back "just because we drafted them it doesn't mean they are good attached to Bembry" is going to look more than foolish this year. He'll end up a strong rotational player especially with what we put on the floor. The dunk five minutes ago shows the athleticism but there is a lot more going on with him. Fun to watch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That comment a while back "just because we drafted them it doesn't mean they are good attached to Bembry" is going to look more than foolish this year. He'll end up a strong rotational player especially with what we put on the floor. The dunk five minutes ago shows the athleticism but there is a lot more going on with him. Fun to watch.

He has what some of us that played game called, "sleeper game." Fall asleep and you will get embarrassed. Lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

He has above average handling skills.  And instead of focusing on trying to make him hit the 3 point shot, how about working on his midrange jumper, so that he can run the pick and roll, but hit a 17 foot jumper if need be.

Bembry will be fine, if they let him have the ball in his hands as a playmaker.

• Like 3

John Collins has crazy strong hands. He can snag rebounds outside of his area. Did you see the one hand catch he made on the break? This guy has a huge catch radius and he'll need it because putting the pass on the money is still not a strength of Dennis. 

His defensive awareness on switches and off ball has been better than I expected too. Loved the pick when we made it and I'm loving it even more now. I would like to see a jumper though. It's almost like they told him not to pop; Everything is a roll. 

• Like 1