• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bottom Line. Hawks being run ON THE CHEAP...

Diesel

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

@RedDawg#8 don't forget Philly had some awful coaches as did Minnesota plus they had no recent history of success to lean on. Plus they had a lot of turnover in management and a ton of injuries. We seem to be able to extract more from a player than what is expected and we have a proven winner at coach with a system players love. Your point is certainly valid but I feel like our situation is better than some of those other teams were / are. 

You're right, Bud is a helluva coach and we are lucky to have him. 

But deep down do you believe he will stick around for the entire process of rebuilding start (now) to finish (maybe 3 years if we are LUCKY) and beyond for another title chase period of climbing from an 8th seed to a top seed to winning the East to winning a Finals ( 5-9years if we are LUCKY and get it right) 

or do you think it's more likely after a couple losing seasons which is inevitable at this point that he decides it's best for his resume to move on to another franchise that has the ready pieces and are missing his services.

That or the new GM decides Bud isn't the coach he hired and decides to bring in his own staff that's ok with the direction he wants.

Bud was apart of Ferrys grand design and Bud succeeded in turning Ferrys vision into a winner. But after Ferry Bud has shown not to have a vision and you can see it in the team's play as we went from great passing, shooting and PNR defense in to average passing, and below average shooting and PNR defense all in just 4 years under Bud.

sure THJ, Baze and Dennis got better but the team has performed worse. 

How long before Schlenck decides Bud isn't the man he wants in charge of his vision ?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

@RedDawg#8 don't forget Philly had some awful coaches as did Minnesota plus they had no recent history of success to lean on. Plus they had a lot of turnover in management and a ton of injuries. We seem to be able to extract more from a player than what is expected and we have a proven winner at coach with a system players love. Your point is certainly valid but I feel like our situation is better than some of those other teams were / are. 

Proven winner?

I like what Bud has done when his system is fluid.  However, nothing is proven.  Styles win games.  Maybe our style was able to beat a few teams but then got crushed by Cleveland.  GS is the antithesis of our style and it takes 2 allstar MVPs to make it work.  What do we have?

I want you to understand that there are 29 other teams that show up in this league and like us they think they are smart and they think they are best equipped to win.  My question is what makes us different.  By the fact that I have never see a total rebuild end in NBA championship, it tells me that we have decided to fall into the trap.  I guess we would rather have draft lottery parties than playoff games.   The thing is that those playoff games grab the attention of FAs.  The draft lottery parties turn FAs off.