• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

On The Bright Side though Guys..

LastDon

I love Tim but the Hawks Screwed up playing hardball with him..The way the market was unfolding Tim prolly coulda been had on  a 3 yr 45 million dollar deal..The Hawks were cheap trying to get him for 10 or 11 a year and the Knicks swooped in and righted a wrong.. Tim Trajectory is up I think he learned alot from Bud and he will be an 18 ppg scorer moving forward..smh

But on the bright side 2018 has a strong Free Agent class.. It will be a lot of big name guys available and a lot of teams are capped out and I still feel like a lot of guys aren't that enthusiastic about California taxes.. Atlanta is a great city..

We got some good young pieces..Bembry was descent yesterday besides the turnovers..C Viv said he been putting a lot of time in the gym  working on his jumpshot..Maybe Bud feels he can build him up..Yesterday Collins had good feet on perimeter D, super Athletic, made free throws and prolly is a great post player! ( Collins Had his Man sealed several times with good post position and they wouldnt feed him the ball!!!)Taurean has potential even though I was disappointed in his performance yesterday.. He played really wild and out of control..Schröder is a proven near allstar point guard.. So we kinda have quality young prospects at the 1,2,3,4..

And lastly we can't underestimate the reputation Bud has built amongst the players in this league..He is recognized as a quality coach.. So we might be a landing spot for the Banana boat crew in 18..Even though CP, Wade and Lebron are old and past their prime..lol

PS Ressler Nem could at least take a flyer on Derrick Rose for us.. He can't guard a chair but might form a dynamic mini backcourt with Schröder..

We should sign Derrick Rose to a 1 yr 15 mil deal and tank excitingly starting him at the 2.. Bud could squeeze 30 games with basically anybody..

Edited by LastDon

I agree I think our future has great potential but watching the team getting nuked, don't think blowing up is sufficient at this point, is a bit painful to watch!

I think players would gladly take less to play for a legit team or ride on the coat tails of a super team in the making than suit up for this dumpster fire.  

I understand a roster examination was completely necessary and changes had to  happen, but to not even add a single NBA player this off season is downright sad.  

• Like 3

The fact that more people are starting to believe THJ will avg 18 ppg ...just gives me more doubt that it's not a good idea Schlenk won't match this deal.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think players would gladly take less to play for a legit team or ride on the coat tails of a super team in the making than suit up for this dumpster fire.  

I understand a roster examination was completely necessary and changes had to  happen, but to not even add a single NBA player this off season is downright sad.  

Man tell me about it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It's not over yet. patience padawan.

Just now, marco102 said:

It's not over yet. patience padawan.

Oh wait I am wrong.  They did acquire Bellinelli and Plumplee.  So one semi decent NBA player has been added to the mix.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

I agree I think our future has great potential but watching the team getting nuked, don't think blowing up is sufficient at this point, is a bit painful to watch!

Yea its painful especially considering that the draft is a crap shoot..Jus look at the Lakers.. They might have pick the wrong guy by going with Lonzo Ball..Jason Tatum DeAaron Fox, Donavan Mitchell, and Jonathan Isaac have looked better..

• Like 1

Another exciting thing is the moves so far are making summer league must see TV.  We may be the first team in NBA history to have the samexperience starting five on opening night as summer league lol

• Like 1

Wit the Renovations of Phillips, the Emory Training facility, I think they won't go too many years without a quality product.. We jus been so spoiled over the last decade with the winning that we jus got to tuff it out..Cowboys, 49ers, Lakers, Sixers a lot of marquee franchise have done it..

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, LastDon said:

I love Tim but the Hawks Screwed up playing hardball with him..The way the market was unfolding Tim prolly coulda been had on  a 3 yr 45 million dollar deal..The Hawks were cheap trying to get him for 10 or 11 a year and the Knicks swooped in and righted a wrong.. Tim Trajectory is up I think he learned alot from Bud and he will be an 18 ppg scorer moving forward..smh

But on the bright side 2018 has a strong Free Agent class.. It will be a lot of big name guys available and a lot of teams are capped out and I still feel like a lot of guys aren't that enthusiastic about California taxes.. Atlanta is a great city..

We got some good young pieces..Bembry was descent yesterday besides the turnovers..C Viv said he been putting a lot of time in the gym  working on his jumpshot..Maybe Bud feels he can build him up..Yesterday Collins had good feet on perimeter D, super Athletic, made free throws and prolly is a great post player! ( Collins Had his Man sealed several times with good post position and they wouldnt feed him the ball!!!)Taurean has potential even though I was disappointed in his performance yesterday.. He played really wild and out of control..Schröder is a proven near allstar point guard.. So we kinda have quality young prospects at the 1,2,3,4..

And lastly we can't underestimate the reputation Bud has built amongst the players in this league..He is recognized as a quality coach.. So we might be a landing spot for the Banana boat crew in 18..Even though CP, Wade and Lebron are old and past their prime..lol

PS Ressler Nem could at least take a flyer on Derrick Rose for us.. He can't guard a chair but might form a dynamic mini backcourt with Schröder..

We should sign Derrick Rose to a 1 yr 15 mil deal and tank excitingly starting him at the 2.. Bud could squeeze 30 games with basically anybody..

There is no positive.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LastDon said:

Wit the Renovations of Phillips, the Emory Training facility, I think they won't go too many years without a quality product.. We jus been so spoiled over the last decade with the winning that we jus got to tuff it out..Cowboys, 49ers, Lakers, Sixers a lot of marquee franchise have done it..

LOL @ tough it out.  We LITERALLY may not be around to see the Hawks get back to winning, with all of the turmoil in the world.

I feel bad for our older fans, like Gray Mule, who have waited decades to see the Hawks relevant again.  Now you're telling someone like him to be patient?

Unless Schröder really breaks out into a legit All-Star talent that can be a difference maker on a nightly basis . . our only hope in the near future may be if the "Banana Boat" crew ( or as I call them . . . the "NBA 4 Horsemen ) want to get together and play in ATL in 2018.

Image result for banana boat lebron

I see the OP mentioned this in his original post.  Yeah, that's the only shot we got right now, outside of our current guys turning into an All-Star.   Otherwise, we have to hope that the guy that we draft in the next 2 - 4 years is not only a Hall of Famer, but a generational talent.  Because 2 of those guys in the above pic will be Hall of Famers . . . but only have 1 Conference Finals appearance between them.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2