• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have a feeling the Hawks are going to be 3rd team in Melo to Houston

Admin

• Premium Member

Seriously doubt that report since it's fundamental to any deal getting done in the first place. No talks could even get going if there was no solution for what to do with Anderson.

My prediction... NO and Phoenix are the other 2 teams and NO takes on Gordon because they need shooters. Phoenix takes on Anderson because that have cap space, could use a PF, and have young talent or picks to send to NY. With Gordon and Anderson gone Houston can take on Carmelo and his trade kicker.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

How the heck is this thread still active?

Because it's all over the news that they're working hard on a trade and they've got a 3rd team who're definitely in and are talking about maybe adding a 4th team. There aren't many teams who can be the 3rd or 4th and the Hawks are one of them. 

• Premium Member

On this front, I'm one who's inclined to think now that we're NOT in the mix on this, given the Ilyasova re-signing and the premise that our main function was going to be taking Anderson and gaining some additional young asset. Ily fills that role that Anderson otherwise seemingly would have filled.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

On this front, I'm one who's inclined to think now that we're NOT in the mix on this, given the Ilyasova re-signing and the premise that our main function was going to be taking Anderson and gaining some additional young asset. Ily fills that role that Anderson otherwise seemingly would have filled.

I agree and think no one wants Anderson except the now rumored team being the Pelicans who had him before. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I agree and think no one wants Anderson except the now rumored team being the Pelicans who had him before. 

Actually, I've been reading that the Suns or the Blazers might be in on this. Woj at one point last week... don't know how I missed it, but I did... said definitively that POR was in on it. Then again, it was said yesterday by the NY Post guy Berman (who I seem to recall normally gets things right) that whatever was cooking last week died, and NYK and HOU had to start all over this past weekend.

• Premium Member

Yeah, it really didn't make much sense in the big picture b/c they almost certainly were going to be getting only a portion of Melo's conventionally-perceived value. And now that the Phil Jackson era has ended, Melo's FO aggravation might also be less stoked. Then again, he may have had just enough of a taste of the idea of playing in HOU that he begins actively campaigning to get a deal done. Personally I think that's more likely. He's in his limelight years, and there is almost no chance at this stage he can hope to collect a ring in NY.

If the Knicks want to get something for him they should do it sooner rather than later as he's no spring chicken. Plus they're reportedly only wanting players 25 and younger to build the team with and Melo will simply hold up their rebuilding efforts. 

I'm going on the hook as saying there's a 100% chance he's traded this offseason. 

And with our lack of funds we probably won't be involved unless we are only taking a small salary in exchange for a future 2nd.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

And with our lack of funds we probably won't be involved unless we are only taking a small salary in exchange for a future 2nd.

Only thing... if POR was thought to be the 3rd team this time last week, then it really doesn't matter so much what a team's payroll is, given that POR is swimming in the deepest end of the pool.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I'm going on the hook as saying there's a 100% chance he's traded this offseason. 

Anthony is concerned about his public image and doesn't want a messy divorce from the Knicks. He is said to be dismayed over the events of the past 24 hours.

According to a source, Anthony went to the Knicks prior to the NBA Draft and requested a buyout. He was denied, but Jackson said the Knicks would work with Anthony on a trade.

Anthony then agreed to waive his no-trade clause to Houston and Cleveland. Even after Jackson was fired, the Knicks, with Mills now in charge, intensified efforts to get a deal done.

The parameters of a deal are in place but there are some details that need to be finalized.

Neither Anthony nor his agent, Leon Rose, were available for comment. Rose also represents Paul and is in Houston for the press conference.

Two people familiar with the talks believe a trade will be completed. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-pause-leading-melo-leaving-article-1.3326614

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sturt said:

Only thing... if POR was thought to be the 3rd team this time last week, then it really doesn't matter so much what a team's payroll is, given that POR is swimming in the deepest end of the pool.

They may not want to take on every single player that the Knicks / Rockets want to send away or they may want to ditch one of their own players. 

And I know the Knicks GM put the "talks on hold" but I don't put much stock into that. 

• Like 1