• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This Is A 3 year Process

sillent

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sillent said:

Alot of people lack vision but I can see it clear now. THIS IS A 3 YEAR PROCESS and in that 3rd year we will be legit contenders. This isn't a 76ers, wolves, suns, kings, lakers or any other team that had to restart and rebuild and take what seemingly feels like forever. True we will not be too good next year but we will be competitive. Still bad enough though to rack up on another talented draft and get our big of the future to pair with Collins, Dennis, Prince, Bembry. We will draw alot of attention in our second year and possibly even get to the playoffs and/or draw a big name in free agency that sees our vision and where we are going. Possibly even someone like Antetekoumpo(I'm sure I spelt that wrong) but Schlenk will look to sneak in and get a great young up and coming talent on a great contract. In the 3rd year our team will be gelling with great cap space, young, hungry and more developed talent and looking to make waves in this league for years to come. Precise planning and strategy is what is going to allow this to happen and also is exactly what we're doing. With Hawks U still in place a great shooting coach our young players will develop faster than most and we will be credited as a model franchise via Spurs/Warriors caliber.    

MOCK MY WORDS BUT WE WILL BE GREAT FOR A LONG TIME IN/AFTER 3 YEARS AND WE'RE IN YEAR #1   

Why won't this be like those teams in red.  The difference between some of them an us is that their franchise has won championships before.   We haven't made it the the finals.   Moreover, none of those teams have the same problems we have attracting free agents.  Every new GM comes in and believes that they have the secret sauce to bring talent to Atlanta... and each one of them is proven wrong.  Schlenk will be no different.   Crawford wouldn't have played one moment.. he demanded a buy out.   What do you think other FAs feel about Atlanta.

Here's the lesson that other GMs found out about attracting FAs...   You have to overpay them and hope that they will still take the money.  Unfortunately, in this climate, FAs get so much money (compared to what they used to get)... flashing 150 Million in front of them means nothing.   Everybody is ring chasing..  

This is what has been said about Antekompo after he made his statements about leaving Milwaukee as a FA..

You look at a team like Milwaukee, financially they’ll be able to do more, but you better have your organization in great shape because (if not), then you have no chance with a guy like that.”

FAs are looking for teams that have winning climates.  We don't have that and the way that we are building doesn't reflect that.  So.. When we do draft some future star... we will be just like Utah and possibly Milwaukee.  Having saved our money.. put together a good "young team" and watch them young teams bolt to established teams with us holding our sack.... saying.. but we got all this money. 

This year is such an experiment in so many ways think I would go ahead and back up Dennis with Bembry and bring in one of the swing guys we have been looking at to back up Prince. Dorsey is a hybrid in Schlenk's mind I believe and will take time to develop at either or both guard spots. Has to work his way into the rotation with Marco onboard as well. All this stuff keeps Delaney out of the rotation which is a plus. Think this would settle the backcourt a lot sooner than our other options we have right now whether we hate Baze or not. Just doesn't seem likely Baze is getting moved this offseason. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I don't have any qualms at all about the tank.  I'm optimistic that the roster (still  not finished) will be greater than the sum of the parts.  Schlank won me over with the no-nonsense trades/releases of poor values.  I'm chilling while he drafts some studs and Bud coaches em up, however long it takes.  I'm too Atlanta to do anything else.  Imma just get on some @Sothron type business and lite follow the Wolves since my folk Butler and Crawdawg over there.

Yet we still have Plumlee, Baze, and Dennis Longterm.   So in other words, Schlenk won you over by trading talented players for lesser picks?

Let's just say that we hope we do well in the draft lottery because that's the only redeeming thing about all of this.   Not the late pick from LAC (that we paid Millions for) .  Not the late pick from Houston.   Not the Late pick from Minny... but our own draft lottery pick because we will suck. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sillent said:

Alot of people lack vision but I can see it clear now. THIS IS A 3 YEAR PROCESS and in that 3rd year we will be legit contenders. This isn't a 76ers, wolves, suns, kings, lakers or any other team that had to restart and rebuild and take what seemingly feels like forever. True we will not be too good next year but we will be competitive. Still bad enough though to rack up on another talented draft and get our big of the future to pair with Collins, Dennis, Prince, Bembry. We will draw alot of attention in our second year and possibly even get to the playoffs and/or draw a big name in free agency that sees our vision and where we are going. Possibly even someone like Antetekoumpo(I'm sure I spelt that wrong) but Schlenk will look to sneak in and get a great young up and coming talent on a great contract. In the 3rd year our team will be gelling with great cap space, young, hungry and more developed talent and looking to make waves in this league for years to come. Precise planning and strategy is what is going to allow this to happen and also is exactly what we're doing. With Hawks U still in place a great shooting coach our young players will develop faster than most and we will be credited as a model franchise via Spurs/Warriors caliber.    

MOCK MY WORDS BUT WE WILL BE GREAT FOR A LONG TIME IN/AFTER 3 YEARS AND WE'RE IN YEAR #1   

And this visionary plan is supported by what at this point? Our GM's ability to shed contracts? Our ability to not be proactive to sign an improving SG for a decent contract before losing him for nothing?

The Hawks have not been able to attract super star free agents in its entire history, and the fact that we didnt even attempt to offer Milsap a contract does not help the Free Agent PR....In any case, this is built off of hope, we need to hope that Collins who was a solid player in college emerges on the NBA stage, we need to HOPE that Prince will improve, and we need to hope that our Draft fortunes improve..

The Super Teams have change the landscape of the NBA...in a league where stars are few, we need to have at least 1 star to build this process around..WE HAVE NONE.

Look at philly they have 3 young stars in and it took them 4 years to assemble that group...So the process doesn't begin until we have one star.

My friend i appreciate to optimism, but this is only a 3 year process if we strike gold in the lottery next year with a super star player...and that is not easy to do. 

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

No way this is 3 years. 

Were gonna have to follow the Warriors model. Which makes sense cause ya know....Schlenk. 

We will have to build a championship team on our own and then maybe we can pull a Durant type signing after the fact. 

5 years. Wish I could find the detailed outline I posted in another thread a few weeks ago...

Edited by hazer

People also aren't going to like this, but football is different from baseball and basketball. Unless you're talking about a QB, which is an intellectual position, it's pretty much either you can play or can't in football.

The Falcons were a young team, but the youth was not in the QB. Let's not act like Arthur Blank forced them to drop a lot of money on this player, this player, and this player, and it's why the Falcons became good again, he didn't. He let what was going to happen, happen. And it happened to be the Falcons ended up really being a year ahead of schedule (even if....oh god, don't do this to yourself) through natural growth of a lot of the young players.

And lets not forget that a mere 3 years before the previous season, it was an old, aging team. Arthur Blank never said "we're rebuilding" but for two years the Falcons were a bad team again. Is there any real difference between being a bad team without making rebuilding moves and being a bad team while making rebuilding moves? It's going to lead to the same thing in both cases unless you just like to get angry over everything.

Just some two cents to throw in.

I think three years is about right.  Here's what I predict:

1. Dennis opens eyes across the league this year and steps into stardom
  2. Collins averages a at least 16/10 as a rookie, and everyone can see him as a viable replacement for Sap/Horford (All Star Caliber in two years)
  3. We make a hard run at Klay
  4. We draft a couple of guys next year that are game changers for us  (like Ayton,  Wendell Carter, or Bamba with our first pick). Solidify the front court for the future next to Collins
  5. Our second pick next year turns into a guy like Diallo/ Troy Brown
  6. Prince and Bembry turn into reliable starter-level talents
  7. At least one of these Euro-stashes becomes a real player for us.

In two years we will look like the Celtics did this year. In Three years, we can run the east. Age and lack of salary cap flexibility will eventually get the better of some of these super teams. All of these thirty-somethings will not be playing at a high level in three years. Young players will need to step up.

Edited by tomac
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, tomac said:

2. Collins averages a at least 16/10 as a rookie, and everyone can see him as a viable replacement for Sap/Horford (All Star Caliber in two years)
  4. We draft a couple of guys next year that are game changers for us  (like Ayton,  Wendell Carter, or Bamba with our first pick). Solidify the front court for the future next to Collins
  5. Our second pick next year turns into a guy like Troy Brown

In two years we will look like the Celtics did this year. In Three years, we can run the east. Age and lack of salary cap flexibility will eventually get the better of some of these super teams. All of these thirty-somethings will not be playing at a high level in three years. Young players will need to step up.

These are the same kind of things bouncing around my head after a couple of glasses of Cabernet at night and certainly I'm all in on that scenario. Everything has to go just right and we would still have to move Baze but still it all could possibly happen. We'll see how magical Schlenk can actually be with our drafts moving forward. Hoping for the best of course. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, tomac said:

5. Our second pick next year turns into a guy like Diallo/ Troy Brown

First and foremost..  What big will want to play with Dennis?

No bigs want to play with a ball dominant PG who seeks to satisfy his own scoring... Hello Westbrook.

Second... We can run at Klay all that we want.  Unless we have pictures of Klay doing illegal and immoral things, I don't think we will have a shot. 

Third.  Aside from Being drafted by us.. what has Bembry done?  Here's my litmus for all players.  Imagine that they were on other teams... Let's say Bembry was playing for the Celtics.   Would you trade a late first rounder for him?

Fourth.  Eurostash are just that.  Eurostashes.  Do you see what we did to Bebe because he actually thought we wanted him?  What about Eddy?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

First and foremost..  What big will want to play with Dennis?

No bigs want to play with a ball dominant PG who seeks to satisfy his own scoring... Hello Westbrook.

Second... We can run at Klay all that we want.  Unless we have pictures of Klay doing illegal and immoral things, I don't think we will have a shot. 

Third.  Aside from Being drafted by us.. what has Bembry done?  Here's my litmus for all players.  Imagine that they were on other teams... Let's say Bembry was playing for the Celtics.   Would you trade a late first rounder for him?

Fourth.  Eurostash are just that.  Eurostashes.  Do you see what we did to Bebe because he actually thought we wanted him?  What about Eddy?

1.  You'll see a better Dennis with no Dwight.  Collins will love playing Dennis in the pick and roll, because he sets great screens and rolls hard, can pass, and can pop.

2. I have no dreams of having Klay.

3. Do you know basketball?  Bembry has everything you want in a basketball player, except a shot, in a basketball player who is not a superstar/allstar.  He can pass, defend, savvy scorer around the rim and plays tough defense.  Why do you have such affinity for players the Hawks draft?  Bembry has tons of potential.  Aside from being drafted by Boston what has Jaylen Brown done?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

1.  You'll see a better Dennis with no Dwight.  Collins will love playing Dennis in the pick and roll, because he sets great screens and rolls hard, can pass, and can pop.

2. I have no dreams of having Klay.

3. Do you know basketball?  Bembry has everything you want in a basketball player, except a shot, in a basketball player who is not a superstar/allstar.  He can pass, defend, savvy scorer around the rim and plays tough defense.  Why do you have such affinity for players the Hawks draft?  Bembry has tons of potential.  Aside from being drafted by Boston what has Jaylen Brown done?

1.  Wishful thinking.

2. OK.  We see you don't value shooting based on this and your 3rd point.

3.  So you're saying that Bembry is our Tony Allen??  That's nice... but I think Tony would be insulted.   Unfortunately, Bembry is a 2 guard that can't shoot in a time where shooting is what basketball is about.   The day of the post up center is gone.  GS proved that the day of Isoball is gone.   The new day is if you can't shoot, you can't win.    Cleveland can score and dusted many teams.. however, when they played GS, it seems like regardless of what Cleveland did... GS would just match it with a three pointer and then would run straight through them with outside shots.   With that as the backdrop of where we are in Basketball, you bring Bembry... a turnover prone SG who can't shoot and you say that he has everything we want in a basketball player.  I LAUGH OUT LOUD IN YOUR FACE.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Hawks will be down a minimum of 5 years.  Ive seen in it the past.  

By the time this GM figures out what you need to win, he will be on the hotseat and David Griffin will be looking really good to Ressler. 

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

1.  Wishful thinking.

2. OK.  We see you don't value shooting based on this and your 3rd point.

3.  So you're saying that Bembry is our Tony Allen??  That's nice... but I think Tony would be insulted.   Unfortunately, Bembry is a 2 guard that can't shoot in a time where shooting is what basketball is about.   The day of the post up center is gone.  GS proved that the day of Isoball is gone.   The new day is if you can't shoot, you can't win.    Cleveland can score and dusted many teams.. however, when they played GS, it seems like regardless of what Cleveland did... GS would just match it with a three pointer and then would run straight through them with outside shots.   With that as the backdrop of where we are in Basketball, you bring Bembry... a turnover prone SG who can't shoot and you say that he has everything we want in a basketball player.  I LAUGH OUT LOUD IN YOUR FACE.

1. Yup, positivity will get you far in life.

2.  YOU were the one that said the Hawks had no shot at getting Klay and I agree with you.  Never said anything about shooting.

3. I see you didn't touch the Jaylen Brown subject because it doesn't support your argument and I know you're big on him.  I'm not saying Bembry is anyone, but a 2nd year player that can improve. You act like he is who is.  If he doesn't develop, oh well. I just hate when people speak in absolutes.  That's what you do.  I don't know what Bembry can or will do, but as long as the potential is there. I will support him because he's a Hawk and I want all the Hawks to be there best. You may not be that way and that's cool. Also please respond to why you don't like Hawks players but are so big on other players who have done just as much (Jaylen Brown).

• Like 1

Prepare to be shocked at how bad Dennis and Dwight related and how poor Dwight's activity was even before the break. Collins will likely be a lot more involved and get at least a couple alley oops a game if he plays.

And we will see Dwight and Kemba fight pretty quickly up in Charlotte.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:44 AM, wolvetigers said:

And this visionary plan is supported by what at this point? Our GM's ability to shed contracts? Our ability to not be proactive to sign an improving SG for a decent contract before losing him for nothing?

The Hawks have not been able to attract super star free agents in its entire history, and the fact that we didnt even attempt to offer Milsap a contract does not help the Free Agent PR....In any case, this is built off of hope, we need to hope that Collins who was a solid player in college emerges on the NBA stage, we need to HOPE that Prince will improve, and we need to hope that our Draft fortunes improve..

The Super Teams have change the landscape of the NBA...in a league where stars are few, we need to have at least 1 star to build this process around..WE HAVE NONE.

Look at philly they have 3 young stars in and it took them 4 years to assemble that group...So the process doesn't begin until we have one star.

My friend i appreciate to optimism, but this is only a 3 year process if we strike gold in the lottery next year with a super star player...and that is not easy to do. 

As Finch told Jim in the library in that first American Pie movie regarding Stifler,

'I don't like the kid but he's got a point...'

Edited by Dejay