• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer League Game 2: Hawks vs Pelicans

benhillboy

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Prince still looks like a role player. Dennis has shown his worth in the NBA. Both got potential but Bembry and Collins can be all stars. If Bembry can really improve that shot to even Bazemore level, he can be special. 

Prince looks like an excellent 3 & D guy.  Does well when he catches and shoots but when he put the ball on the floor, he looks worse than Bazemore sometimes.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Prince looks like an excellent 3 & D guy.  Does well when he catches and shoots but when he put the ball on the floor, he looks worse than Bazemore

Is Baze a contagion. Hope not.

This win was more satisfying than most of last season. Dorsey just has average intangibles for the NBA. Hopefully he can find his touch. Looks decent enough finishing in the paint. I would have looked at Dotson, Thornwell, and then Sterling Brown before him. 

Bembry has it all except a jumper, Collins just needs playing time and he will develop well. I'd have to see them do it against NBA players, but what flashes of brilliance. Prince looked pretty solid. Alpha and Stone have their moments, not sure what they can offer in the future tho.

Hopefully, you can add a Doncic with this group next year.  

• Like 1

Just now, Kimsey said:

This win was more satisfying than most of last season. Dorsey just has average intangibles for the NBA. Hopefully he can find his touch. Looks decent enough finishing in the paint. I would have looked at Dotson, Thornwell, and then Sterling Brown before him. 

Bembry has it all except a jumper, Collins just needs playing time and he will develop well. I'd have to see them do it against NBA players, but what flashes of brilliance. Prince looked pretty solid. Alpha and Stone have their moments, not sure what they can offer in the future tho.

Hopefully, you can add a Doncic with this group next year.  

Dorsey needed the G-League before the SL but man, he is looking even worse than I though. John Jenkins like impact and I think Jenkins wasn't that bad in his 1st SL. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Dorsey needed the G-League before the SL but man, he is looking even worse than I though. John Jenkins like impact and I think Jenkins wasn't that bad in his 1st SL. 

This may be a bit over reaction.  He just hasn't found his outside shot but otherwise he has been solid

• Like 3

If nothing else we should have some nice posters this season with Bembry, Collins, and Prince on the attack. Loving the Collins pick so far. Thunder dunks followed by really smooth jumpers. And hitting the glass to boot. 

• Like 4

I told you guys, Bembry ia a special player, he can do all and should be starting next year, we have nothing to lose.

So happy to see Collins performing, he must bulk up though, I would also start him, we go nowhere next season.

Dorsey, still not showing, I am stunned we passed on Sindarius, Hartenstein or Anigbogu for him, really embarrasing pick for the moment, not thinking too much that we also lost the opportunity for Jawun Evans, Frank Mason, Rabb, Bell or Bacon by trading 31. This draft was so deep that I am really pissed at the moment.

• Like 4

Collins defense is also much better than advertised. I'm just excited that he can moves so well on the defensive end.  The reason Bud is slow to play rookies is because they don't pick up the defensive scheme well. If Collins can do that, he'll get plenty of playing time.

Dorsey looked completely lost on that end.  I think Dorsey will spend much of his time in Dleague developing which I have no problem with since we have Bembry, Baze, and Bellinelli to play the 2/3.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

SIAP... so Kelly's back just for SL, or is he on the roster? And I would've thought, though, he would've already exhausted his SL eligibility... evidently not.

C-Viv responds...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/favor-from-rockets-kelly-joins-hawks-summer-league-team/deIh7jqaCpScuCZw4KnJ7I/

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Collins has looked great so far in SL. I know it is SL but Collins should start at PF as I've been projecting since we drafted him. It was insane we got him when we did.

I thought you couldn't find stars in outside the lottery

• Like 2

Collins looked AMAZING in his highlights (on the highlight reel I watched for the game). Its SL but still. And for those wondering, he looks (even when Dwight is not playing with Dennis) waaaaaaayyyyyyy more active than Dwight was on PNR to me. Always moving, has his hands out, and is looking to score or make a good play.

• Like 1