Summer League Game 2: Hawks vs Pelicans

benhillboy

57 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I told you guys, Bembry ia a special player, he can do all and should be starting next year, we have nothing to lose.

So happy to see Collins performing, he must bulk up though, I would also start him, we go nowhere next season.

Dorsey, still not showing, I am stunned we passed on Sindarius, Hartenstein or Anigbogu for him, really embarrasing pick for the moment, not thinking too much that we also lost the opportunity for Jawun Evans, Frank Mason, Rabb, Bell or Bacon by trading 31. This draft was so deep that I am really pissed at the moment.

I like Bembry, but I still have my doubts about him starting next to Dennis and Prince. I really think we need a SG with range to give us any chance on the offensive end. Otherwise teams won't even bother guarding the perimeter and we'll struggle to score 70 most nights.

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

I like Bembry, but I still have my doubts about him starting next to Dennis and Prince. I really think we need a SG with range to give us any chance on the offensive end. Otherwise teams won't even bother guarding the perimeter and we'll struggle to score 70 most nights.

He doesn't have to shoot the three, but if he can get a great midrange shot like Derozan, then he can definetly start. He just needs a consistent jumper from outside of 15 ft.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He doesn't have to shoot the three, but if he can get a great midrange shot like Derozan, then he can definetly start. He just needs a consistent jumper from outside of 15 ft.

I think in today's league you really do need at least a couple of guys who can shoot the 3 at a strong clip in the lineup. DeRozan has Lowry and Ibaka.

Last year we were frustrated with Bud taking so long with Prince and this year we probably will feel the same with his use of Bembry but its seems way hard to deny Bembry needs good minutes on the floor for us. Can't have too many ball handlers and this one plays serious hustle D. Hoping Bembry and Collins get a ton of minutes early which still would surprise me with Bud's overpowering fear of youngster mistakes. Bud needs to take a serious look at the roster on paper and get over his stubbornness. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, sillent said:

Almost all of his plays were impressive to me but the most impressive was when Kelly went for the assist and threw the ball off the glass and Collins with his soft hands still caught it and dunked it. It was almost like watching a video game glitch except this was real life.

Also I know what Prince can do but glad to see Bembry showing more aggression/confidence and showcasing more of how he can contribute to the team.

Josh Maggette has been my biggest disappointment so far but maybe it may take him sometime to get adjusted to his teammates.

My biggest disappointment is Cotton. He looks terrible out there

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I thought you couldn't find stars in outside the lottery

No one has said that. It is significantly harder to do. In the case of Collins every draft board had him as a 10-15 pick range so we got very lucky.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No one has said that. It is significantly harder to do. In the case of Collins every draft board had him as a 10-15 pick range so we got very lucky

He was targeted by our GM while others avoided him because of his defense

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

My biggest disappointment is Cotton. He looks terrible out there

Let me say my biggest disappointment for those that will/can actually make the roster. Cordinier probably would be but I saw how bad he was last year over seas and realized we may not see him no time soon.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Bud needs to take a serious look at the roster on paper and get over his stubbornness. 

I'm wondering if in a context where making the playoffs isn't an expectation, he has a different approach. Dunno. Anxious to see.

5 hours ago, Afro said:

For anyone that can't watch, the hawks Twitter has clips of all the big moments people are talking about 

Thank you for letting us know about that! I am so frustrated and missing these games. Go Hawks!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, phoostal said:

But is going to have no choice but to play the young guys who else on the roster is he going to play?

Just referring to the rooks, me. History says he refuses to give them minutes for at least the first half. 

Just gonna go ahead and say Collins is already exceeding my expectations. Did not see him being THIS NBA ready so quickly, gonna be interesting to see him against the more experienced players in the league though. He's looking like he really could blossom into a star though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flight said:

Just gonna go ahead and say Collins is already exceeding my expectations. Did not see him being THIS NBA ready so quickly, gonna be interesting to see him against the more experienced players in the league though. He's looking like he really could blossom into a star though.

Collins is a straight bruiser.... very Stoud/Griffin type player.... so explosive... such a nasty physical player... hell I'll dan Quinn it... "he fast and physical"

• Like 4