• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why did John Collins fall in the draft?

Wurider05

10 hours ago, DS5 said:

Said the guy who thought Payne was a good player. 

He had all the skills to be good in the NBA.  It didn't translate unfortunately.  I don't really ever remember me claiming he's going to be a stud like most of you are doing with Collins.  

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

He had all the skills to be good in the NBA.  It didn't translate unfortunately.  I don't really ever remember me claiming he's going to be a stud like most of you are doing with Collins.  

Not really getting into he said....and what not, but Payne didn't really show room for a lot of growth. Collins has athleticism and lots of room to expand his game.  While it's easy to get caught up in summer league hype, the Collins train is full speed ahead.  I'm on board.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

That's not the argument. You're criticizing people getting excited for what Collins has done in SL and college, yet, whenever it's a michigan guy, you don't use that same objectivity. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Payne sucked because he had low BBIQ and he wasn't a natural Basketball player. He wasn't that skilled either. I hated that pick then and I hate it now

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hated Payne in college and knew he would be a bust. Old ass rookies in today's NBA rarely work out. The only good thing from him is we might finally get a first out of him from the Twolves. kinda a win/lose thing for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DS5 said:

That's not the argument. You're criticizing people getting excited for what Collins has done in SL and college, yet, whenever it's a michigan? guy, you don't use that same objectivity. 

They are getting overly excited for rec league basketball.  I realize people are starved for positive news, but maybe then could actually wait before crowning him the MVP of the galaxy.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DS5 said:

That's not the argument. You're criticizing people getting excited for what Collins has done in SL and college, yet, whenever it's a michigan guy, you don't use that same objectivity. 

You know Michigan State is Alex's team, right?  Maybe you are saying he unreasonably hates on Michigan players?  Eh.

I don't see Alex singling out Collins here.  He gets real excited about Michigan State guys but otherwise is more of a "show me" type of poster.  When Collins starts taking names in the NBA, Alex will be on board with no pushback.  He hasn't even downplayed Collins' longterm potential - more on his day 1 impact and the inherent uncertainty of young players.  Doesn't seem so unreasonable to me.

• Like 1