• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One Hawks bloggger says we're two role players away from winning 40 games. Who agrees with him?

sturt

I'll put it like this, the past treadmill Hawks team had atleast one scoring option on it. Millsap is #3 on a championship team. Even if you think he's a # 2, my point still stands. There isn't a single guy like that on this squad.

Dennis would have to grow exponentially for him to have that kind of consistent impact. He's currently the best player on the team. I'm not seeing how this team wins 30 games let alone 40. The east is bad but not that bad. 

We're going to have a scrappy team capable of taking games off of anyone on any given night, but we don't have enough scoring or shooting to win 40 games. I think people are expecting too much out of our rookies and sophomores, while also counting on Dennis giving us an All Star season and Baze bouncing back. Even in those favorable scenarios, we still have no depth at the 1 or 3 (other than 2's filling in), and we have no starter at the 5. Maybe Dedmon will surprise me.

13 minutes ago, High5 said:

We're going to have a scrappy team capable of taking games off of anyone on any given night, but we don't have enough scoring or shooting to win 40 games. I think people are expecting too much out of our rookies and sophomores, while also counting on Dennis giving us an All Star season and Baze bouncing back. Even in those favorable scenarios, we still have no depth at the 1 or 3 (other than 2's filling in), and we have no starter at the 5. Maybe Dedmon will surprise me.

I agree we need more scoring. Ian Clark is a option as well as the already mentioned, in another thread, Shabazz Muhammad. Given adequate minutes either could beat out Bazemore as far as scoring goes; and they could possibly match Hardaway's 14 PPG from last season.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1