• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

John Collins poster

LikejRod29

Reportedly The young man poster dunk today broke the Internet ,when is the last time the Hawks players ever  done that. I understand it only summer league but this young stud is showing a lot of  potential. Start him from day one and let him get used to the NBA game.  Starting him from day one could equals rookie of the year baby. 

Edited by LikejRod29

It would be a mistake not starting him from day 1 ,players get better with playing time and  practice yes as the great A i said practice we talking about practice. 

Edited by LikejRod29

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'mo just throw this out there and see if it sticks: JC Slammy

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He should really change his name. John Collins? Its so generic I can still barely remember it.

Worst part for me is I keep wanting to refer to him as Jason Collins. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CP61 said:

His nickname is John The Baptist

That wouldn't fly in Georgia.  So we need to come up with something else.   Nique and Bob will come up with something.  "The Anchorman" was a good one for Millsap.   And Nique came up with "9 to 5" for Ivan.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That wouldn't fly in Georgia.  So we need to come up with something else.   Nique and Bob will come up with something.  "The Anchorman" was a good one for Millsap.   And Nique came up with "9 to 5" for Ivan.

Well sports writers have already started using John the Baptist and he's even posted it on Instagram. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lemme guess, is it because he baptizes opposing defenders when he dunks on them? (Pun, like you dunk a person in water to baptize them) Lol if so then I'm all in on it. 

For example:

"John Collins just BAPTIZED Orlando's defense !!!" 

Nique "They should consider themselves BLESSED after that dunk" lol

That and Wake Forest is a Baptist denominational school. The name really does fit him.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CP61 said:

His nickname is John The Baptist

I know, but I'ts kind of my thing to give them ridiculous nicknames that only I use :P

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh, it's gonna fly!

19 hours ago, LikejRod29 said:

It would be a mistake not starting him from day 1 ,players get better with playing time and  practice yes as the great A i said practice we talking about practice. 

If his attitude was questionable I'd say make him earn it, but all indications are that he is very grounded and could start day 1.