• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ersan Ilyasova is Back one year deal

GrimeyKidd

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

It's a good sign to me that the players that have been added to the roster all have experience in Bud's system/San Antonio's system.  Belinelli was actually drafted by Golden State but played in SA as well.  Dedmon played in SA.  Ersan played the last part of the year for Bud in this system.  It's a sign that Bud still has significant input on player acquisition, and maybe this is a legitimate partnership.  

Also should help school the youngsters in Bud's system.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's a good sign to me that the players that have been added to the roster all have experience in Bud's system/San Antonio's system.  Belinelli was actually drafted by Golden State but played in SA as well.  Dedmon played in SA.  Ersan played the last part of the year for Bud in this system.  It's a sign that Bud still has significant input on player acquisition, and maybe this is a legitimate partnership.  

Don't forget about the Muscala signing. Definitely a Bud signing.

• Like 2

We are filling in the roster and by my count off Spotrac, that gives us 12 players with guaranteed contracts and about 10.3 million in cap left.

I have liked Ersan his whole career and if we have to pay a vet 6 a year, he is as solid as any.

Edited by Buzzard

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We are filling in the roster and by my count off Spotrac, that gives us 12 players with guaranteed contracts and about 10.3 million in cap left.

I have liked Ersan his whole career and if we have to pay a vet 6 a year, he is as solid as any.

I've got it at 13 players. Using the $11m cap hit from Crawford that CViv tweeted out, then we have ~$6.7m left in cap space along with the Room exception.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I liked the regular season version of Ersan, so I don't mind the signing.

But if Bud uses this to bring Collins off the bench, and justifies starting Ersan because he can draw a charge, I won't like this at all.

Collins needs to start from Day 1.  Let him play with the best players on the team, instead of trying to be a scorer with the 2nd unit.  High draft picks back in the day used to start from Day 1 all the time, and they became star players because of it.

Charles Barkley would like a word with you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Also Kent played with Dedmon in GSW/D league too

• Premium Member
Happy to hear this.  Ersan is a good hard nosed player, that can shoot it.  

Will make the game time chat fun lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I;m kinda surprised.   Illyasova is a good player unlike some of the stiffs we've been signing.   He could be the Bob Sura in our tank...

Our GM wants to be competitive. 30 to 35 wins while he "retools" things. With the possibility of three 1st round picks next season to add to our youth I would say he is doing just that.

Three picks plus: Schröder, Prince, Collins, Bembry, and Dorsey. This is a youth movement with some vets sprinkled in.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

A dark thought is that if Bud has his way, Moose and Ersan are both starters. Sooner or later the reality of the impact Collins is gonna have will force Bud's hand and with Moose it will be the lack of impact that will force a change. We'll see Dedmon and Collins as starters at some point this year with little doubt. Would be nice if it was from day one but you know Bud....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

I've got it at 13 players. Using the $11m cap hit from Crawford that CViv tweeted out, then we have ~$6.7m left in cap space along with the Room exception.

According to Spotrac we have 12 guaranteed contracts and 10.3 in practical cap space. Magette does not count as he is still listed as G League. I trust just about anyone's math more than I trust CViv; but Spotrac could be wrong. No one is the end all be all for this all to fluid cap space information.

Link I use:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/cap/

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

According to Spotrac we have 12 guaranteed contracts and 10.3 in practical cap space. Magette does not count as he is still listed as G League. I trust just about anyone's math more than I trust CViv; but Spotrac could be wrong. No one is the end all be all for this all to fluid cap space information.

Link I use:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/cap/

Spotrac doesn't have Dedmon listed.

They also are assuming we gave every $ to Crawford in the buyout, which I highly doubt. I agree about CViv, but in this case I think CViv is more accurate.

11 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Spotrac doesn't have Dedmon listed.

They also are assuming we gave every $ to Crawford in the buyout, which I highly doubt. I agree about CViv, but in this case I think CViv is more accurate.

They are using all of Crawford's 14.2 against our cap for this season. That is the highest it can be. If Crawford's cap hit is lower, that gives us more than the 10.3 they are citing.

Our 12 signed players = 72,878,722

Crawford and Dunleavey dead cap = 15,909,488

Total cap used ( 12 players plus Crawford and Dunleavey ) = 88.788,260

Total cap allowed = 99,093,000

Total cap left = 10,304,740

Edited by Buzzard

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

PG-Dennis, Delaney  SG-Baze, Marco, Dorsey  SF-Prince, Bembry  PF Collins, Ersan  C-Dedmon, Moose, Plumlee, Stone

Believe that is thirteen. 

They are missing Dedmon. Is he signed yet as they are showing Ersan's cap hit as guaranteed.

Edited by Buzzard

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They are using all of Crawford's 14.2 against our cap for this season. That is the highest it can be. If Crawford's cap hit is lower, that gives us more than the 10.3 they are citing.

Our 12 signed players = 72,878,722

Crawford and Dunleavey dead cap = 15,909,488

Total cap used ( 12 players plus Crawford and Dunleavey ) = 88.788,260

Total cap allowed = 99,093,000

Total cap left = 10,304,740

I mean... I can see what Sportrac has for myself. What I am saying is it isn't accurate as they don't list Dedmon. For example, they have Dedmon listed as signing with the Spurs, which there hasn't been anything reported to suggest that is the case.

Like I also said, I know that they are using Crawford's full cap hit, which I don't think is the most accurate, but probably is the most conservative estimate.

But to each his own, you can keep going with the assumption that we only have 12 players signed and that we haven't signed Dedmon and that we agreed to pay Crawford his full contract in the buyout if you want.