• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IS this Shots Fired???

Diesel

We've also seen players (Taurean Prince) play poorly in Summer League and start.  What's his point?  I better not detect any jealousy aimed at Collins.  Prince hasn't shown me nothing but a great frame.

Edited by benhillboy

I am not going to fret over it. So long as he is not recording private conversation with team mates. And I agree @sturt, when Collins had that monster dunk, Prince was one of the first to meet him around half court with a lot of whooping it up going on.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can't help but wonder if this is a shot to teammates who are receiving a lot of buzz because of their SL play.  If it is or not... I agree. 

More like a confirmation that Taurean isn't about showing off his talents in summer league. He's saving his game for when it counts and anyone questioning him or thinking their a star because of Summer League might see a hard reality when the games count.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, sturt said:

If you're suggesting this is a shot at JC, nah... saw him, Bembry, and JC interacting post-game... nothing but good vibes there imo.

The quote was aimed at somebody. 

Seeing more comments calmed me down.  I just don't think Taurean has time to be worried about subliminal shots on social media or other teams' players.  I used to cringe everytime Roddy White opened his mouth or his Twitter account.  Re-read, rethink, and delete.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

He's saying he plays better under the bright lights when it matters for those criticizing his play in summer league 

There was no reference to himself.  He talked about GUYS Killing it in Summer League.  That was his subject. 

• Like 1

He's being intentionally generic but there's ZERO doubt in my mind this is directed towards the media and Ball who's trying to be Magic Johnson out there with huge numbers. 

I don't feel the same way towards Ball though. I think the kid is going to be more the 2nd coming of Penny than Magic but he's a star no doubt. I have a ton of respect for the kid doing his thing despite having Kris Jenner for a father and all the pressure he's played with in his life. Then during the draft they did that segment where he acknowkedged all that he's gone through with his dad being such a controlling person and embarrassing while still being respectful of him and it made me really respect the kid. If he stays healthy he will be a generational player as they've referred to him as. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

He's being intentionally generic but there's ZERO doubt in my mind this is directed towards the media and Ball who's trying to be Magic Johnson out there with huge numbers. 

I don't feel the same way towards Ball though. I think the kid is going to be more the 2nd coming of Penny than Magic but he's a star no doubt. I have a ton of respect for the kid doing his thing despite having Kris Jenner for a father and all the pressure he's played with in his life. Then during the draft they did that segment where he acknowkedged all that he's gone through with his dad being such a controlling person and embarrassing while still being respectful of him and it made me really respect the kid. If he stays healthy he will be a generational player as they've referred to him as. 

Jayson Taytum (Single mom, momma's boy)  and Dennis Smith Jr. (Mom left, single dad)  also have awesome stories and I will be rooting for them too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I can't help but wonder if this is a shot to teammates who are receiving a lot of buzz because of their SL play.  If it is or not... I agree. 

I like the tweet. It sounds like an awesome observation and a reminder to the other guys that good play in the summer league doesn't mean they've conquered the league. Perhaps he doesn't want Collins to get too over confident. Or maybe it is a shot at Ball. Either way, I like his comments.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

It was his response to chatter aimed at his subpar SL play. Agenda much?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1