• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IS this Shots Fired???

Diesel

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

I am thinking he might be throwing that Ball kid under the bus since everybody's trying to make him out to be the next Superstar.

Well if it's shade thrown at Ball, that's stupid, because the Lakers traded their best PG away for the specific purpose for Ball to start on Day 1.   I don't believe for 1 second that it was aimed at Ball.

Here's a twitter post from the previous day, and Prince's response:

Looking at both tweets, I have to conclude that the July 13th tweet was a general shot at guys who are balling in Summer League, including Collins.  I also agree that this was a way for him to deflect from his lackluster Summer League performance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Well if it's shade thrown at Ball, that's stupid, because the Lakers traded their best PG away for the specific purpose for Ball to start on Day 1.   I don't believe for 1 second that it was aimed at Ball.

Here's a twitter post from the previous day, and Prince's response:

Looking at both tweets, I have to conclude that the July 13th tweet was a general shot at guys who are balling in Summer League, including Collins.  I also agree that this was a way for him to deflect from his lackluster Summer League performance.

That's exactly what I was referencing in my previous post too, thanks. I follow Printz on Twitter, and although it wasn't a direct reply to that tweet it was in sequence. I edited my original post because I was thinking it was a direct reply, although it wasn't. It was definitely self-defense though, not shade at Collins or Ball. GTSOH

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

I know you're hating on this whole Hawks organization right now but I can assure you that he is not talking bout one of our players. We're going the Braves rout right now. Relax. 

You act like I wrote the damn tweet.

Sorry... Sir.  didn't do that.  However, these are the facts... He's having a bad SL and Collins and the new crop of youngins are having a good SL. 

The media has been excessively applauding this new crop and the fans (even our fans) have been applauding the youngins SL.  He put up a reminder that this is only SL...  generic Yes. But pointed... probably.  Shots fired... definitely.

Here's my point in all this.. and I want you homers who believe that our players don't have bad days to ask yourself this question...

If there had not been so much positive attention placed on Collins do you think Prince makes the tweet?  People here have tried to say that it's all about Ball and Ball has an inordinate amount of attention focused his way.. but we haven't played the Lakers in SL.   I don't think I've seen anybody say... Ball is so much better than Prince...  IN fact, I don't think the two names have ever come up even on this board casually.   So to say that he's responding to press about Ball says the the Ball effect is great.  If that's the case, I'm looking for Karl Malone to start tweeting down Ball too.  

I think that Ball can be added to a collection of praise for these SL heros... but first and foremost on the list has to be Collins whoose good play is directly felt in Prince's DMs.

I would've been much happier had Prince averaged 20 and 7 and killed in Summer League instead of struggling and mentioning the shine of others.  I think all the repeating greater than signs that guy posted got to him.

Edited by benhillboy

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry... Sir.  didn't do that.  However, these are the facts... He's having a bad SL and Collins and the new crop of youngins are having a good SL. 

The media has been excessively applauding this new crop and the fans (even our fans) have been applauding the youngins SL.  He put up a reminder that this is only SL...  generic Yes. But pointed... probably.  Shots fired... definitely.

Here's my point in all this.. and I want you homers who believe that our players don't have bad days to ask yourself this question...

If there had not been so much positive attention placed on Collins do you think Prince makes the tweet?  People here have tried to say that it's all about Ball and Ball has an inordinate amount of attention focused his way.. but we haven't played the Lakers in SL.   I don't think I've seen anybody say... Ball is so much better than Prince...  IN fact, I don't think the two names have ever come up even on this board casually.   So to say that he's responding to press about Ball says the the Ball effect is great.  If that's the case, I'm looking for Karl Malone to start tweeting down Ball too.  

I think that Ball can be added to a collection of praise for these SL heros... but first and foremost on the list has to be Collins whoose good play is directly felt in Prince's DMs.

You need to start paying more attention to actual details surrounding things, especially when people point out those specific details, instead of trying to inject drama into everything. Printz's tweet was in response to a Tweeter named Curtis who was throwing shade on him for his sub-par SL performance. End of story. And yes, before you repeat yourself for the dozenth time, we're all WELL aware that SL isn't regular season.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 11:52 AM, Blunt91 said:

I am thinking he might be throwing that Ball kid under the bus since everybody's trying to make him out to be the next Superstar.

I completely agree this was a straight shot at Lonzo and all the noise about the triple doubles in summer league.   I can't see him taking a shot at a team mate he has never shown any locker room cancer traits like that.  I sure as hell hope it isn't the first indication of that kind of mind set.  He is a key piece of the new foundation.

2 hours ago, ThomasCredle said:

I completely agree this was a straight shot at Lonzo and all the noise about the triple doubles in summer league.   I can't see him taking a shot at a team mate he has never shown any locker room cancer traits like that.  I sure as hell hope it isn't the first indication of that kind of mind set.  He is a key piece of the new foundation.

It. Was. A. Response. To. A. Tweet. From. A. Guy. Named. Cuuuuuuuurtis. FFS...

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, hazer said:

You need to start paying more attention to actual details surrounding things, especially when people point out those specific details, instead of trying to inject drama into everything. Printz's tweet was in response to a Tweeter named Curtis who was throwing shade on him for his sub-par SL performance. End of story. And yes, before you repeat yourself for the dozenth time, we're all WELL aware that SL isn't regular season.

You mean the guy that said...

Collins >>>>>>>>>>Prince...

Yeah.. Ok. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You mean the guy that said...

Collins >>>>>>>>>>Prince...

Yeah.. Ok. 

Yeah, I do. And here's Printz then giving Collins props, just to nip any "he's directing that SL cutdown to Collins" drama horse$hit:

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, hazer said:

Yeah, I do. And here's Printz then giving Collins props, just to nip any "he's directing that SL cutdown to Collins" drama horse$hit:

Ok.. Let's again do this logically.   You have all of these tweets... especially the tweet from Curtis...  Seeing that Prince have had no dealings with Ball, no game, nothing... let's take him out of the equation.

Wouldn't you think that the press, especially on Social Media... Especially with post like the one that Curtis sent... after a frustrating SL would make Prince say 

?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Ok.. Let's again do this logically.   You have all of these tweets... especially the tweet from Curtis...  Seeing that Prince have had no dealings with Ball, no game, nothing... let's take him out of the equation.

Wouldn't you think that the press, especially on Social Media... Especially with post like the one that Curtis sent... after a frustrating SL would make Prince say 

?

As I've said, my take is that he was enlightening Curtis.

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member

With the other tweet for more context I do think he was talking about both Collins and all of SL as an excuse for Prince's average play in SL. I don't think he was taking a personal shot at Collins though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hazer said:

As I've said, my take is that he was enlightening Curtis.

You can still fire shots while enlightening somebody.  It's not a judgement of intent.  I'm sure he got nothing but love for Collins... However, he also wants to bring a reality check to everybody who thinks that SL is meaningful that a guy like Collins can have a great SL and sit the bench all season. 

It's interesting to watch how HOMERS work to try to take the obvious and make it something other than what it is.   IN this case... a frustrated Prince said that SL is meaningless and that the SL heroes shouldn't get too high on the high horse... and the HOMERS want to make it mean... something else. 

No matter the intent Twitter is just way too convenient of a way to let an outburst or sharp comment out before reigning in emotions. This may not be a great example because didn't sense any over the top stuff from Prince. Hardly ever agee with Barkley but his negative comments about Twitter seem to fit quite often, it gets folks in trouble. 

On 7/16/2017 at 8:28 AM, Diesel said:

The only shots being fired here are on the intelligence and ability of anyone to realize that there's NOTHING controversial about his tweet.  It almost reminds me of how kids will try to instigate a fight between two people for no other reason than to see if it will work and they'll get some amusement. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

The only shots being fired here are on the intelligence and ability of anyone to realize that there's NOTHING controversial about his tweet.  It almost reminds me of how kids will try to instigate a fight between two people for no other reason than to see if it will work and they'll get some amusement. 

Where was Controversial ever mentioned...   The shots fired were at SL.  IN the cross fire is Collins and his SL performance.  I don't think that's "Controversial" or maybe the intellectual ability to understand those two items as not being controversial is the problem here.  Bottom line, I know that Prince is happy about having Collins as a teammate and he believes that Collins is going to be a "beast".  Still. I don't think his assessment is based on SL performance because as HE said, he has seen guys kill themselves in SL and still find themself on the bench when the bright lights come on.   If you take that as controversial.. then... that's what it is to you. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

You can still fire shots while enlightening somebody.  It's not a judgement of intent.  I'm sure he got nothing but love for Collins... However, he also wants to bring a reality check to everybody who thinks that SL is meaningful that a guy like Collins can have a great SL and sit the bench all season. 

It's interesting to watch how HOMERS work to try to take the obvious and make it something other than what it is.   IN this case... a frustrated Prince said that SL is meaningless and that the SL heroes shouldn't get too high on the high horse... and the HOMERS want to make it mean... something else. 

Who in the hell are you calling HOMERS?  Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion and hot takes does not mean you should be calling any one a homer. 

For example, you think Ben Simmons has "it" and all you have is his summer league and college tape to go by.  Whereas Collins was more productive in both settings.  However, you can't quantify what "it" is.  It's your opinion, which I respect, but just because some of us are excited because Collins out performed our expectations in summer league, does not mean we are homers. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Hahaaa, HOMERS! Atlanta Hawks fans on an Atlanta Hawks message board. Where do you think you are? This isn't a national broadcasters forum :blink:

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Where was Controversial ever mentioned...   The shots fired were at SL.  IN the cross fire is Collins and his SL performance.  I don't think that's "Controversial" or maybe the intellectual ability to understand those two items as not being controversial is the problem here.  Bottom line, I know that Prince is happy about having Collins as a teammate and he believes that Collins is going to be a "beast".  Still. I don't think his assessment is based on SL performance because as HE said, he has seen guys kill themselves in SL and still find themself on the bench when the bright lights come on.   If you take that as controversial.. then... that's what it is to you. 

Collins being "in the cross hairs" is completely a guess or projection of what you want to believe. You're inserting that meaning. Thus, instead of this starting out as a fair hypothetical, you've decided to insert  YOUR own meaning as truth with nothing but your seeming ability to know what you can't possibly know unless he called and told you. It's nothing short of shitt starting.